• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Rugby League World Cup 2013

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant game from both teams. Have to say I'd rather see New Zealand win though. Hopefully the Aussies won't **** up like last time.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Anyone in Australia know if any regular tv networks are covering the final ? All I can find online is a channel caused 7MATE and I have no idea what that is.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am not in Aussie james - but from conversations on another website I can confirm that is the only channel that is carrying it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I am not in Aussie james - but from conversations on another website I can confirm that is the only channel that is carrying it.
Seems that way, damn disappointing.

First Foxel don't have the All Blacks European games, and now no Rugby League.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
7mate is the only channel in Australia showing the final. It is channel 73. I'm a little surprised that they didn't decide to put the final on channel 7. The coverage has been good apart from one thing, straight to the commercial after a try, I want to enjoy the celebrations of a team scoring, not be irritated my an ad.

I'm nervous for Australia here, we've had an easy draw since the first game.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't have HD for Foxtel (didn't think I'd need it), so unfortunately it doesn't work, and I can't pick the channel up outside of Foxtel else due to what I assume is poor coverage in my area.

Overall seems very strange they put it on some weird network when all other league is on Channel 9 or Foxtel.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I don't have HD for Foxtel either which makes it annoying that a few channels such as 7mate are only on HD. Have you tried doing a channel auto tune lately on your TV? I'm surprised that you couldn't find 7mate living in Sydney. There will definitely be a few online streams that will be showing the match, but I guess I can't post them here.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah I don't have HD for Foxtel either which makes it annoying that a few channels such as 7mate are only on HD. Have you tried doing a channel auto tune lately on your TV? I'm surprised that you couldn't find 7mate living in Sydney. There will definitely be a few online streams that will be showing the match, but I guess I can't post them here.
Yeah, tried doing a channel auto tune and only 3 channels appear that are all fuzzy. Might well be something wrong with the cable or aerial though as I always use Foxtel for all the free to air channels as well and this is the first time in years I've tried anything outside of Foxtel.

And yes, best not to post any online streams but thanks anyway. Don't fancy staying up to the wee hours watching some crappy online stream. Hopefully someone will post the full match on YouTube tomorrow as that's what has been happening with the recent All Blacks matches that only Sentana got the coverage for.

Thanks Nufan :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just casually mention how you thought Rangi Chase had a great tournament.

Lovely kick from Thurston and great gather from Slater for the opener as I type.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Been a ruthless performance from Oz, but NZ just haven't shown up today.
I didn't think we showed up either. We needed to play the game of our lives and we played like we were in awe of them. The game was lost before it started - and Kearney saying things like ' they are a formidable team' is also the wrong adjective.
Coaching and a lack of inspiration lost us this.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Definite anti climax. Brough left not long after the hour.

Brilliant tournament though. Finally put memories of that farce in 2000 to rest.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
can't argue with brumby's predictions. If SBW plays look for him to be worth 6 points, Our 7 will hurt us. Our 9 will be our best player,
Why will Shaun Johnson hurt you? He is a quality footballer who has had an excellent season.
On Johnson - he is a noob on the international stage and I thought his noobness showed in the last test regardless of how good he looks for the warriors.
40/20 commentators ripped into Johnson as being our worst player in the final. Which was a bit unfair as he won us the semi with some individual brilliance.

Wish Hurrell had've played for us.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
40/20 commentators ripped into Johnson as being our worst player in the final. Which was a bit unfair as he won us the semi with some individual brilliance.

Wish Hurrell had've played for us.
Yeah Johnson was fairly quiet in the final but it would be hard to complain about your halfback really when your team gives up 34 points. I guess I would have to watch the match again to find a worse contributor though.

The injury to RTS was huge too as he and Whare had formed a good combination. I also have to say well done Sheens for playing Hayne in the centres. NSW should be looking to do that next Origin series IMO.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Johnson was fairly quiet in the final but it would be hard to complain about your halfback really when your team gives up 34 points. I guess I would have to watch the match again to find a worse contributor though.

The injury to RTS was huge too as he and Whare had formed a good combination. I also have to say well done Sheens for playing Hayne in the centres. NSW should be looking to do that next Origin series IMO.
Took me 24 hours to recover from the loss.Johnson aside that was our best team we've had on the paddock in donkey's years.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Took me 24 hours to recover from the loss.Johnson aside that was our best team we've had on the paddock in donkey's years.
After watching the tournament you're still of the belief that Shaun Johnson is ordinary?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He's better than a PNG player or someone that France would turn out but he is hot and cold and I reckon he is 4 years of experience away from leading us to the promised land. I have also never liked his kicking game.

The advantage the Aussies have is that their players go through the State of Origin matches which give you all the experience you need for International rugby league. Johnson was banking on one ANZAC test vs Australia being enough to form his experience base that places him at a disadvantage against Aussie players.

Look I gave him props for getting us to the Final. Very few players would have scored that try he came up with the dying seconds. I guess I am impacted by the show I just watched. They ripped into him for 10 minutes. One of the accusations was that he was making so little happen that SBW felt he had to play like a half in the last 20 minutes to create something.

I am not making him my scape goat though. Kearney (he of the I don't believe in team speeches paradigm) is my man for that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who would you have picked as your halfback? It is a fair call to say that Johnson's best and worst is more extreme than someone like Foran, but I feel as though Johnson's consistency improved this year at the Warriors. I think that he would comfortably find a spot in the top 50% of halfbacks in the NRL.