• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Road to India in South Africa - 2010-11

Shri

Mr. Glass
Capetown depends on what happens in the first 2 tests. If SA need a win, it would be pace friendly. If Steyn gets injured, I don't know what is going to happen.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I really really want it to be 2-1 to India. I'd be mighty pleased and surprised if it even was 1-1 India though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Me too. I really am looking forward to this series between two evenly balanced team, one with a strong bowling attack, one with a strong batting line up.
Sehwag vs Steyn
Sachin vs Steyn

Just too good for a cricket fan.

Another reason I am looking forward to it is because I kind of need a break from the stress of supporting Pakistan and just enjoy cricket without the emotional attachment.

72 all out is terrible but its not stressful. 130/7 chasing 148 is far far worse. It is stressful. And it has happened twice in the space of a month. It gets a bit too much.

So just neutral cricket series is what I am looking forward to after the fourth test.

Spark

Global Moderator
I hope they prepare bowler-friendly pitches regardless of who it helps, as this summer has been a blazing example of how much more enjoyable Tests are when the bowlers have a bit of a leg-up.

kingkallis

International Coach
I hope they prepare bowler-friendly pitches regardless of who it helps, as this summer has been a blazing example of how much more enjoyable Tests are when the bowlers have a bit of a leg-up.
Bowling friendly pitches and we will lose 2-0 / 3-0

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really subscribe to that, TBH. Thought the PSS Test has been one of the best played this year, it had good batting, good spells of bowling, tight fourth innings chase.

The recent Tests in England have had too much poor to inept batting for them to be very enjoyable, IMO.

GameGod

Cricket Spectator
If the Indian Test batsmen can handle South Africa's pace attack and also Dale Steyn (who belongs to a seperate category) on a greentop to score good totals, they are indeed the best Test team in the world.

As for the ODIs, it would take Sachin and Sehwag to be in simultaneously exceptional form for India to win the series.

Bowling friendly pitches and we will lose 2-0 / 3-0
I was momentarily confused by your name which led me to think you meant that South Africa would lose 2-0/3-0 on bowler-friendly pitches. Then I saw that your location was India.

You're right, of course: Steyn's bowling hardly needs "a leg-up" to make it more exciting.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really subscribe to that, TBH. Thought the PSS Test has been one of the best played this year, it had good batting, good spells of bowling, tight fourth innings chase.

The recent Tests in England have had too much poor to inept batting for them to be very enjoyable, IMO.
Properly top-class bowling though. Can remember more than a few utterly beastly deliveries.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You can be rest assured that South Africa will produce bowler friendly pitches. It is just the strategic thing to do from their perspective.
What are their strengths? Fast bowlers
What are India's strengths? Batsmen

Its pretty clear what India can expect..no different from 2001 and 2006.

kingkallis

International Coach
If the Indian Test batsmen can handle South Africa's pace attack and also Dale Steyn (who belongs to a seperate category) on a greentop to score good totals, they are indeed the best Test team in the world.

As for the ODIs, it would take Sachin and Sehwag to be in simultaneously exceptional form for India to win the series.

I was momentarily confused by your name which led me to think you meant that South Africa would lose 2-0/3-0 on bowler-friendly pitches. Then I saw that your location was India.

You're right, of course: Steyn's bowling hardly needs "a leg-up" to make it more exciting.
Oh yeah I am an Indian who is fond of Proteas and King Kallis :D

pasag

RTDAS
You can be rest assured that South Africa will produce bowler friendly pitches. It is just the strategic thing to do from their perspective.
What are their strengths? Fast bowlers
What are India's strengths? Batsmen

Its pretty clear what India can expect..no different from 2001 and 2006.
I dunno about that. Bowler friendly pitches will bring ordinary Indian seamers into play whilst SA bowlers, Steyn in particular are good enough to bowl well on any pitch.

Also loled at the title.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
A hell of a lot more balanced than the pretend cricket that gets played on Sri Lankan/Indian motorways.
Come on man, you can't take two draws from 6 India-Sri Lanka tests and pretend its representative anymore than you can treat the two draws from the 5 Ashes 2005 tests as representative of England-Australia cricket.