• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Road to India in South Africa - 2010-11

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A hell of a lot more balanced than the pretend cricket that gets played on Sri Lankan/Indian motorways.
Point out the tests and stop using generic buzz words that has become a CW specialty.

In case you didn't know, the recent SL vs. Ind series was 1-1 out of 3 tests.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Batsmen don't have to work unduly hard. Stuart Broad has just made a Test match century ffs :laugh:

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Bowling friendly pitches and we will lose 2-0 / 3-0
I wouldn't be that pessimistic. SA should be more competent on green tops than India and the way SA rolled over England in the final test shows how devastating Dale and Morne can be when given the right conditions.

Sir Alex

Banned
I wouldn't be that pessimistic. SA should be more competent on green tops than India and the way SA rolled over England in the final test shows how devastating Dale and Morne can be when given the right conditions.
Indian batsmen a class or two above English batsmen to be said.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Indian batsmen a class or two above English batsmen to be said.
Fair enough but the stats are against India playing in SA and unless Steyn loses his form, I don't see the Indian batting lineup being able to cope with the swinging ball.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Fair enough but the stats are against India playing in SA and unless Steyn loses his form, I don't see the Indian batting lineup being able to cope with the swinging ball.
Stats do not matter,Playing in southafrica is bit of a lottery due to excessive help for the bowlers in some grounds,So if the indian batting lineup will not be able to cope with sa pacers ,last time their batting line up also struggled against our pacers and if sree,zak,ishant are fit then it is india's best pace attack in decades,we gifted them the third test in the last series hope we win it this time.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Stats do not matter,Playing in southafrica is bit of a lottery due to excessive help for the bowlers in some grounds,So if the indian batting lineup will not be able to cope with sa pacers ,last time their batting line up also struggled against our pacers and if sree,zak,ishant are fit then it is india's best pace attack in decades,we gifted them the third test in the last series hope we win it this time.
The IND pace attack now is wayyy below the level it was circa 2006/2007 when they toured SA & ENG.

Sreesanth & RP Singh are crap now. While Sharma has been declining since the 2008 series vs AUS - fastly turning into another Pathan. Only Khan is good ATM.

So i wouldn't be expecting the IND pace attack whoever is chosen to back-up Khan to test the SA batsmen consistently like they did back in the 06/07 tour.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
South African pace bowlers a class or two above Indian pace bowlers to be said.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The IND pace attack now is wayyy below the level it was circa 2006/2007 when they toured SA & ENG.

Sreesanth & RP Singh are crap now. While Sharma has been declining since the 2008 series vs AUS - fastly turning into another Pathan. Only Khan is good ATM.

So i wouldn't be expecting the IND pace attack whoever is chosen to back-up Khan to test the SA batsmen consistently like they did back in the 06/07 tour.
Sharma is getting a bit of rhythm back atm. Got his in swingers going again(but not the cutters off a back of good length re: Ponting) and has increased about 5 kms in pace(bowls 135ks consistently from 130 previously). And Sreesanth is not crap, he is injured and even when he is fit, he has always had some dismal days and exceptional days as a bowler. Should do decently in SA if he is picked because of the better pitches. Expecting a good contest with Sachin, Laxman, Sehwag in the form of their careers.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Sharma is getting a bit of rhythm back atm. Got his in swingers going again(but not the cutters off a back of good length re: Ponting) and has increased about 5 kms in pace(bowls 135ks consistently from 130 previously). And Sreesanth is not crap, he is injured and even when he is fit, he has always had some dismal days and exceptional days as a bowler. Should do decently in SA if he is picked because of the better pitches. Expecting a good contest with Sachin, Laxman, Sehwag in the form of their careers.
Would have to disagree. I caught glimpses of the IND vs SRI series with Sharma bowling & i saw no real improvement in his bowling. He had some okish spells, but still a general decline from the bowler who was being hyped as the next big IND fast bowler circa 2008.

How is your description of Sreesanth of having some dismal days & some exceptional days - not descripe a crap bowler?. Such a bowler whose is so inconsistent can never be depended on consistently - thus is not very good. If fit & goes to SA, you have no idea what S'Santh will turn up - which is in a 4-man attack is not good.