• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2022 World Cup

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is your reasoning similar to mine?
It's partly that Exeter matches will be my priority over the next 7 weeks, and in the end most World Cups the World Cup is my footballing priority.

Yet if it wasn't in such a scummy place with scummy politics of getting us there, which to be honest has been proven to be dishonest. I mean what other organisation goes, oh yeah the entire selection of this place was corrupt, but hey obviously we're still going there, I might be more enthused.

Blood on hands literally too, it's just an entire ****show of yuck, but I'll watch it when on, which probably makes me complicit or summat.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
BBC 10 most shocking World Cup moments. :santa:
The spitting and biting is pretty dire, but most of the in play stuff is just a big fat nothing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Missed out the first couple* I thought of:

-the West Germany/Austria carve-up that knocked out the plucky, etc. Algerians in 82.

-that Colombian defender who was murdered after scoring an oggy vs./for the hosts at USA 94.

*after the fat little cheat's handball, obvz.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Battle of Santiago in 1962

Schumacher's assault on Battiston in 1982

Peru's convenient 0-6 performance against Argentina in 1978

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Battle of Santiago in 1962

Schumacher's assault on Battiston in 1982

Peru's convenient 0-6 performance against Argentina in 1978
Think I've heard or read that the Peruvian keeper was Argentinan by birth too.

Bobby Moore being arrested on some trumped up jewellery theft charge just before Mexico 1970 probably worthy of consideration too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
France in 82 can eff off too; England beat them 3-1 in the opening group game and, to reach the semis, they beat the football heavyweights of Kuwait, Austria and Norn Iron. Ooooo. BFD.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
France in 82 can eff off too; England beat them 3-1 in the opening group game and, to reach the semis, they beat the football heavyweights of Kuwait, Austria and Norn Iron. Ooooo. BFD.
Yeah, but the same side roughly was Euro Champs in 84, semi-finalists in 86.

They were beautiful to watch, and very French. Larios wasn't picked because he was shagging Platini's missus.

Platini, Giresse, Genghini, Tigana silky footballers all, didn't have a striker or much of a defence, though.

Edit, looking again it's a bit silly, that Germany side practically won it next time, same as Brazil 2002.

Last edited: