• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
no i wont, maybe Hunt, Bell, Tate, Berrigan, Lockyer, Wesser will get injured in the build up, then Schif will be there and he'll dominate.

Adam Mogg is the guy id like to see in there, hes been in great form and can switch between centre and wing.
You got your wish: Mogg gets Maroons call up

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
great decision too, hopefully he plays well and helps to win us the game!
I think the chances of him helping you to win the game are pretty low. Quite honestly, if I were a Queenslander I would be hating the selectors right now, not just for Mogg but for quite a few other decisions over the entire series.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
umm like?
i was happy with our team in game 1, apart from Bowen, but hes gone now so its all good.
in hindsight Stagg and Scott werent ready for origin.

I actually think we have picked good sides for both games, just have to hope the guys will get it done on the field this time.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah hopefully they will do well in the next game, here's praying that the combination between Lockyer and Hunt pay's off.

I don't have a problem with Hunt playing for Queensland, if that is what is happiest doing then good luck to him and as somebody who is a Queensland fan (I can justify it since I have lived here for 7 and half years and have never liked NSW) I hope he does well.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
- Tate in the centres, Bell on the wing. Should have always been the other way around.
- Scott, Stagg, and Johnson as the back row. Very weak for a Sydney opener.
- Karmichael Hunt at fullback, so many other better options.
- Mogg on the wing, again better options.

Craig

World Traveller
So Hunt's understanding with Lockyer, which has done well for Brisbane this season doesn't count for much?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
You can't always pick on combinations, especially when there are other players out there who are genuinely better than Hunt.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
- Tate in the centres, Bell on the wing. Should have always been the other way around.
- Scott, Stagg, and Johnson as the back row. Very weak for a Sydney opener.
- Karmichael Hunt at fullback, so many other better options.
- Mogg on the wing, again better options.
In all fairness who is better then Hunt??

Bowen? NO
Wesser? NO
Schifcofske? Yes BUT, His time is probably over..

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say that Schifcofske, Slater, Bowen, Inglis, and Wesser are better players than Hunt, though I agree that Wesser doesn't deserve to be picked ahead of Hunt at the moment. Hunt is yet to show he is a true class player yet like the five players I mentioned above.

They would also be better off with Lockyer at fullback, Thurston at 5/8, and Prince at half.

EDIT: I assume Slater was charged after the Queensland team was named.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
I would say that Schifcofske, Slater, Bowen, Inglis, and Wesser are better players than Hunt, though I agree that Wesser doesn't deserve to be picked ahead of Hunt at the moment. Hunt is yet to show he is a true class player yet like the five players I mentioned above.

They would also be better off with Lockyer at fullback, Thurston at 5/8, and Prince at half.
I can't believe all these people thinking Lockyer should go back to fullback. I mean, when he was a fullback everyone was ranting that he should move to 5/8th, now that he has people want him back in the no.1. While Lockyer was a great fullback there is no saying that he would be now. He has played about 30 mins in the position in the last 3 years, and while some aspects may be as easy as riding a bike, I'm sure he's not as comfortable under the high ball and his positioning might be a bit off. If the Qld selectors are not going to pick Shifcofske, at least they've gone for Qld's 2nd best fullback.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe he's still playing 5/8. It was fairly obvious to me in his first season there that he isn't a 5/8.

Simon

Hunt is the best Qld fullback, these nsw dimwits who keep wanting Locky at FB is sickening, get over it...
Bowen is crap, sure he can produce the odd bit of magic, but its not worth the ammount of rubbish he produces...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I sometimes wonder how much league you actually watch Simon when you call Bowen "crap".

Simon

burkey_1988 said:
I sometimes wonder how much league you actually watch Simon when you call Bowen "crap".
pretty much every game...
hes a good club footballer, he targets weak players and exploits that in opposition, quite simply at rep level he doesnt cut it cause hes targetted so heavily and doesnt have the weak players to exploit...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
That's better. You have a point there, but I still think he's more suited in an Origin jersey than Hunt.

Simon

burkey_1988 said:
That's better. You have a point there, but I still think he's more suited in an Origin jersey than Hunt.
Hunt is physically more up to Origin than Bowen, Bowen deserved a shot in game one and quite frankly he blew it, Hunt has been in great form and now we'll see how he goes at this level. No one has said he'll be better or worse but at this stage hes entitled to a shot.

howardj

International Coach
At Origin level any glaring weaknesses get exposed. Good players and coaches exploit them to the max. With Bowen, his defensive deficiencies and bomb defusing ability are laid bare in State of Origin, much more so than in the NRL. At least with Hunt there's no glaring weakness in his game, and his combination with Lockyer is very good. Moreover, he gives Qld another 'go to' man, other than Thurston and Lockyer.

Craig

World Traveller
Jaocob Lillyman?????! WTF?

Are Queensland selectors drunk or onthe belief that if you are a Queenslander and plays for the Cowboys you are are a football god (Mister Wright 2005 or late 2004).

NSW 2-0.