• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
So has Bobby Lashley joined TNA or was that just a rumor?
Bobby Lashley did show up at a TNA Lockdown last month and only made one cameo appearance. He didn't say anything and just waved to the crowd basically. He was seen briefly on the TNA Impact after Lockdown but again didn't really do anything.

But as far as I know, Bobby Lashley hasn't actually signed a contract with TNA yet. He just made a couple of appearances. It was stupid of TNA to promote him as a superstar and to debut him on a PPV when he hasn't even signed with the company yet. He hasn't been seen on TNA television for like a month and nobody really knows whats going on. He's more interested in his MMA career though.

What has been confirmed is that TNA have signed back Raven and Shane Douglas. They have also signed Victoria to a contract and all three will debut on television soon. I think it's great that TNA are giving Victoria a chance. She was arguably the best women's wrestler the WWE had, but she was nothing but a jobber to the other women there.

In TNA, I think she's going to be placed in the Women's title picture with Angelina Love and Awesome Kong straight away. As for Raven and Shane Douglas, both are excellent talkers and both will be really valuable. I think Raven still has name recognition and value and he's always an interesting character so I think TNA will benefit from having him back on their roster.

masterblaster

International Captain
Mr Kennedy released from the WWE. :-O

How insanely random. Bring him back to feud with Orton and then fire him! Be interesting to see the reasoning. Gutted for Ken though.
You could expect it though as he's nowhere as good as when he first came in. Even his return on Raw was very lacklustre. Not to mention violating the wellness policy a few times and being injured for most of his career, I could actually see the release coming. With that being said, it's still somewhat of a surprise.

Looks like he's going to be TNA bound. TNA's starting to get another influx of established talent. Bobby Lashley, Victoria, Raven, Shane Douglas, Taz and now Mr Kennedy. Signing Ken would be huge for TNA and I'm sure he'll get a massive push.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never got the Kennedy hype, but then again I only caught the very start of his career after drifting out of wrestling 2005-07. That being said he's had a horrible run with injuries, and hopefully he's lucky enough for TNA to pick him up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was quite surprised by it as it seemed they wanted him to do something decent with his big return on Raw. That being said, I read that ratings were shocking on Monday and that Vince wanted a scapegoat - it couldn't have been to do with Raw clashing with basketball play-offs, bored of the Raw storylines etc! Smackdown is so much better than Raw it's just not funny, should stick that on a Monday night and watch the ratings climb :ph34r:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Was quite surprised by it as it seemed they wanted him to do something decent with his big return on Raw. That being said, I read that ratings were shocking on Monday and that Vince wanted a scapegoat - it couldn't have been to do with Raw clashing with basketball play-offs, bored of the Raw storylines etc! Smackdown is so much better than Raw it's just not funny, should stick that on a Monday night and watch the ratings climb :ph34r:
Haha, quite.

Confused but not surprised by the release of Kennedy. Very disappointed too, as he had genuine potential. TNA's gain, though - don't be surprised to see Vince looking to resign him in three years or so.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They are doing too many shows.. Too many storylines.. too many big matches... They should stick to a one 3 hour show, cut down on a lot of dead weight in terms of talent, build up each title and other personal feuds with the same commitment as they do for the main storylines, build up a decent tag division and get rid of so many girls there... have juz one slot/segment/match for them per show. Concentrate more on characters and storylines and wrestling.. Try to build up bonafide heels, guys who are juz jealous of faces and wanna win instead of building up every other guy as the psychotic heels who want to actually kill others... And for once, see whom the fans want to see and start pushing them...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Despite having not watched wrestling for over 3 years now, I've finally bought Jericho's autobiography. If its even half as funny as Foley's first book, it'll be a great read.

Can't wait to get stuck into it after exams. Seems to have received good reviews.

masterblaster

International Captain
Despite having not watched wrestling for over 3 years now, I've finally bought Jericho's autobiography. If its even half as funny as Foley's first book, it'll be a great read.

Can't wait to get stuck into it after exams. Seems to have received good reviews.
Read through the thread, I've given it a review. It's an awesome book and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Quiet round here lately. This is worth a read:

Commentary

masterblaster, I have a strong feeling you will particularly enjoy this piece. It is about hardcore wrestling.

masterblaster

International Captain
Quiet round here lately. This is worth a read:

Commentary

masterblaster, I have a strong feeling you will particularly enjoy this piece. It is about hardcore wrestling.
Thanks for the link mate. Anything Jim Cornette writes is definitely worth a read. He makes some pretty good points and to be honest, I never really understood all the Extreme stuff anyway. Sure it was popular back in the 90's but it's only effective when you deliver it very rarely.

Even now I think, why couldn't Cornette have more of an influence on TNA? If he was allowed to have influence, I think you'd see TNA slowly transform from this gimmicky, tacky show into a more logical, wrestling oriented show.

masterblaster

International Captain
Extreme Rules is just around the corner and this thread has been really quiet. Lets get some predictions going:

Miss Wrestlemania Hog Pen Match: Vickie Guerrero vs Santina Marella

What a ludicrous mess, people spending $30 or $40 on this show should seriously think twice because this match has the potential to ruin an otherwise decent PPV. I just hope it's short. I don't have the slightest clue who's going to win, but I'll tip Santina to come through just because Vince likes all this unfunny comedy crap.

Samoan Strap Match: CM Punk vs Umaga

WWE have been reluctant to get behind CM Punk and I think for once, I'm going to go against picking CM Punk in the PPV's and go with my pick of Umaga. Haven't really gotten behind their feud, I don't even know why they are feuding in the first place. Should be a solid match, but I'm not really interested.

Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE United States Championship: Kofi Kingston vs MVP vs Matt Hardy vs William Regal

I'm looking forward to this match as it has four of the best wrestlers on Raw battling it out. I see Kofi Kingston retaining here as it's too early to get the belt off of him and they really need to get behind him as their young, athletic new star.

No Holds Barred Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho

This should be one of the matches of the night. I loved their match at the last PPV and these two always deliver. I don't expect Jericho to take Rey's mask off but I do expect Chris Jericho to win the Intercontinental Championship and I would set up a Mask vs Title match with Jericho being the Intercontinental Champion at the next PPV.

Triple Thread Hardcore Rules Match for the ECW Championship: Christian vs Jack Swagger vs Tommy Dreamer

This should be another great match with Tommy Dreamer being added to the mix. I don't think Tommy will be winning here because he's sort of made a career out of losing big matches and it doesn't really make sense for Tommy to have the ECW Championship at this stage of his career. What I can see is Jack Swagger winning the belt back. But I'm going to go for Christian who is doing an awesome job as ECW Champion. I can see Christian turning his attention on either Tyson Kidd or DH Smith for his next feud, while Jack Swagger goes on to face someone like Evan Bourne.

Submission Match: John Cena vs Big Show

Not looking forward to this slow, boring match. Cena will get demolished for most part of the match with him making his great comeback to set Big Show up for the win. It's the same old booking that's been going on for the last 5 years. Cena wins and then maybe focuses on the WWE Championship.

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs Jeff Hardy

Should be another great match with these two. These two are so good in Ladder Matches and I can see plenty of great looking spots in the match. Edge should win though as he's the guy currently carrying Smackdown. Plus Jeff Hardy's contract situation is still unresolved so I don't see WWE putting the World Heavyweight Championship on him until he signs his contract.

Steel Catch Match for the WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs Batista

Another boring match I really don't want to see. Randy Orton around the time of Wrestlemania 25 was the best thing going for the WWE. He's lost so much momentum lately and Batista has looked horrible since his return. Legacy will get involved, Ric Flair will get involved but Randy Orton should come out the winner here.

Overall it seems a pretty average show and some matches have the potential to be great. I'll try and catch the show live tomorrow so I hope it'll be good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks for the link mate. Anything Jim Cornette writes is definitely worth a read. He makes some pretty good points and to be honest, I never really understood all the Extreme stuff anyway. Sure it was popular back in the 90's but it's only effective when you deliver it very rarely.

Even now I think, why couldn't Cornette have more of an influence on TNA? If he was allowed to have influence, I think you'd see TNA slowly transform from this gimmicky, tacky show into a more logical, wrestling oriented show.
Yeah, Cornette is quality. Loved his shoot spots that he used to on Raw around 96/97. I think you're right that if TNA gave him some influence they could actually be a threat to WWE, and we'd subsequently see WWE put out a more thought-out product - it was obviously no coincidence that the E (or F as it was back then) was at its best when there was a threat from WCW (in fact the best TV came while it started to catch up again in the ratings).

TNA are stuck in the past with a lot of their booking, whenever I watch it I just don't get it.

Just read your PPV predictions - nice post - didn't realise they were having a US title match but I am glad that they are. Hope to see MVP elevated into a top-level feud after this show.

Anyway, got mates coming round any time now for the match so don't wanna start writing a long post, will post back my predictions later.

masterblaster

International Captain
Average show tonight, but all the titles except for the United States Championship changed hands. I was really surprised to see Batista becoming WWE Champion and apparently he'll be requiring surgery very soon. I think we may see a title change tomorrow.

Christian lost the ECW Championship and it's fine that Dreamer won. Jericho and Rey had a great match again and it's good to see Jericho as IC Champion. But the big story is that Jeff Hardy beat Edge and then CM Punk cashed in MITB to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

CM Punk has to turn heel from this now and should feud with Jeff Hardy. The Straight Edged superstar vs The Extreme Enigma works for me. Edge too I think is over Vickie now and should turn face.

Don't like how WWE is changing titles so regularly, but it might make for some interesting TV.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Holy ****. It was indeed an average PPV until the main event. Fantastic ladder match, was chuffed with Jeff's win, then all of a sudden CM Punk's music hit. Me and my bro just turned and glared at each other, honestly never saw it coming! CM Punk got booed so I reckon he'll get over as a heel just fine.

Jericho-Mysterio was the only other standout match, this PPV once again highlighted Smackdown's superiority over Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.