• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
Umaga being released is very strange, even stranger than Kennedy's release because you could see that coming. I can't think of a reason why they'd want to release him.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Batista and Jeff Hardy appear to be injured after Extreme Rules

Batista with a torn tendon in the biceps and is going to have surgery in the coming days while Jeff Hardy suffered a Broken Finger and a banged up shoulder

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just found out about Umaga now as I always avoid this thread until Thursday if my Sky+ ****s up the live Raw recording - which it duly did. Never knew anything about it, will go hunt on the web for resources.

Can't say I'm too disappointed, wasn't a huge fan anyway, though I am prejudiced against big wrestlers.

Raw was a lot better than it has been for a while this week. As much as everyone gives Triple H stick, it was a nice surprise seeing his face on TV. Just hope they do something fresh with him and Orton if they are going to continue with the feud...also wondering what will happen with Batista? Presumed he was gonna drop the belt, and then Orton worked over his injured arm - him coming out and vacating it next week will be super lame and would IIRC be the 3rd time he has done that?

Also the problem with Triple H & orton feuding, if Batista is champion, is who does he face off against? Can't think of any other heels good enough on raw.

Then again, it's the free-for-all next week so maybe they will have a match for the vacant strap, if it does indeed get vacated. Would love MVP to take it.

Edge's face turn is getting nearer and nearer, his segment on raw was brilliant. Glad Vickie has gone as well, everytime she does something embarassing I think of Eddie and cringe a little, as lame as that might sound. Any rumours on the new GM?

Just watching ECW now, really hyped for Smackdown tomorrow though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My bad, Batista is out for 4 months as you all already doubt are aware of. just read on wwe.com that there will be a 4-way for the WWE strap next Monday, featuring Triple H, Cena, Show & Orton. Little bit lame, could have stuck MVP in the mix. HHH/Orton will probably win and then resume their feud for the title.

masterblaster

International Captain
My bad, Batista is out for 4 months as you all already doubt are aware of. just read on wwe.com that there will be a 4-way for the WWE strap next Monday, featuring Triple H, Cena, Show & Orton. Little bit lame, could have stuck MVP in the mix. HHH/Orton will probably win and then resume their feud for the title.
It's too bad for Batista suffering another injury at his age. I think his career as an active wrestler is in doubt at this stage. That four way match for the WWE Championship doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I definitely think they could've had either MVP, Matt Hardy or Kofi Kingston in that mix just to freshen things up, but instead we get the four, old, stale 'stars' in a match that will be slower and more boring than watching paint dry.

The result of which will probably be either a Triple H title win or a John Cena title win. If John Cena wins, it'll be the same like it's been for the last 5 years. If Triple H wins, we will all be subjected to another Randy Orton vs Triple H feud for the title. Seriously, another feud between them is overkill.

If somehow, somewhere Randy Orton does win next week then you really have to wonder what the entire point was of him losing the belt in the first place at Extreme Rules. Of course if Randy Orton does win, it still means Randy Orton vs Triple H at the next PPV.

So therefore by the process of elimination, I'm somehow hoping Big Show wins the belt. At least it might provide for some fresh match ups down the line. I'm looking forwards to the World Heavyweight Championship and ECW Championship matches though.

Apparently, Umaga's release was Wellness Policy related. He apparently violated the policy and refused company sponsored rehab. I guess that's why they released him. Sad to see a talent like Umaga go, but good to see that WWE is making an effort to follow their own policies.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think the Orton-HHH feud ever finished, and that is not a good thing.

And I love Show more than any one - he was my favourite wrestler when I first got into wrestling and have had a soft spot for him ever since. That being said, I don't want to see him near the title. When he first came out of retirement he was great - was in awesome shape and was better than he has been in years.

Now he's overweight again (understandably when you consider how much this guy must eat) and lost all the momentum he had since Flair said he was as good as Andre. He could have been HUGE (pardon the pun) had the run with that - instead they turned him heel and put him in a feud with Taker (which was admittedly very good).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
God I hope Show doesn't win. Can't help but feel that Batista's injury really messed their plans up. I bet they never even wanted HHH back yet.

Freddie_Fittler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Japanese wrestling legend Mitsuharu Misawa died the other day, R.I.P.

Hasn't been released on whether he actually died in the ring.

masterblaster

International Captain
It's very sad news. While I've haven't watched a lot of Japanese wrestling and I'm not very familiar with Misawa's work but it seems that Misawa was one of the greatest in ring performers in the world. My thoughts go out to his family, his friends and all his fans. Japanese wrestling has lost a legend.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Orton will win. They have been advertising Orton to come to Australia as the champion, then Batista won, but being injured before the match this could well have been planned so that this match would happen and Orton will win, then come to Australia.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Orton probably will win, but I wouldn't read too much into what's advertised as far as the tour goes. I made the same mistake regarding the draft because they advertised all sort of matches for Raw & Smackdown over here, ended up switching them

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just saying that im a massive wrestling fan Favourite wrestlers C.M.Punk and Randy Orton and Bobby Lashley

Fave finishers RKO,GTS,Hells gate(Gogaplata),Dominator and spear and don't mind the Walls Of Jericho.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Wrestlemania 2000 on 64 was a ripper as well (was exactly the same engine as WCW/NWO Revenge) except Terri's ass always shook for ages whenever she moved. Bulk lols.

Status
Not open for further replies.