• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortpitched713

International Captain
This thread is the fifth hit on google when I searched for "John Morrison's gimmick".

CW, though knowest not the power you wield.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, awesome. CW > most of the rest of the internet, even for wrestling discussion.
AWTA strongly, tbh I don't know a better place to discuss wrestling, proper wrestling forums tend to consist of a few people who know what they are talking about and a hell of a lot of marks/fan boys/idiots. I feel that here we have a nice rounded group of people who all have in depth knowledge of what wrestling actually is, not found another forum like it.

masterblaster

International Captain
AWTA strongly, tbh I don't know a better place to discuss wrestling, proper wrestling forums tend to consist of a few people who know what they are talking about and a hell of a lot of marks/fan boys/idiots. I feel that here we have a nice rounded group of people who all have in depth knowledge of what wrestling actually is, not found another forum like it.
Agree with that. We may be a small in number when it comes to wrestling fans and discussion, but it's always quality over quantity for mine. Best place to discuss wrestling on the internet.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Agree with that. We may be a small in number when it comes to wrestling fans and discussion, but it's always quality over quantity for mine. Best place to discuss wrestling on the internet.
Seconded, or thirded given sledger's point. Actual wrestling sites are so full of super-smarks or out-and-out idiots that it's hard to even wade through all the crap you read.

Just watching SD now - so pumped for Helms' return! :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Hurricane Helms *fingers crossed - more hurricane the better*
Just seen his return. He looked a tiny bit out of shape, which is completely understandable after 18 months out, and he didn't have the Hurricane's music, but he did have the Hurricane symbol on his tights, which is good enough for me. Got a good pop, too.

Also, WTF is going on with Jeff's facepaint? Gets weirder every week. Like the idea, but it's just making him look like he's hit the meth a bit too hard before he comes out to the ring.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just seen his return. He looked a tiny bit out of shape, which is completely understandable after 18 months out, and he didn't have the Hurricane's music, but he did have the Hurricane symbol on his tights, which is good enough for me. Got a good pop, too.
Symbol is there? Promising.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Symbol is there? Promising.
Yeah, he pointed to it during his entrance. An entrance which featured a lot of green lighting. He also did the "What's up wit dat?" pose during the match, as well. He's basically still The Hurricane, but without the actual 'being a superhero' part.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seconded, or thirded given sledger's point. Actual wrestling sites are so full of super-smarks or out-and-out idiots that it's hard to even wade through all the crap you read.

Just watching SD now - so pumped for Helms' return! :D
Reading other internet forums and I just think, damn these guys can't be adults. They're full of big mouth 9 and 10 year olds which is probably why they are so painful. Far more mature people in this thread by far and thus everything is a whole lot more enjoyable. Oh and most of the people who post in wrestling forums probably wouldn't have the attention span required to be a cricket fan :happy:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Reading other internet forums and I just think, damn these guys can't be adults. They're full of big mouth 9 and 10 year olds which is probably why they are so painful. Far more mature people in this thread by far and thus everything is a whole lot more enjoyable. Oh and most of the people who post in wrestling forums probably wouldn't have the attention span required to be a cricket fan :happy:
Good point, actually. Cricket fans > all in general, TBH.

TNA Final Resolution tonight, sounds like a direfest overall to me. TNA have slipped back into Russo-rific booking mode - an eight-man tag match for the TNA title? Utterly stupid, IMO. Be surprised if it ends up anything other than a total cluster**** with a screwy ending.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good point, actually. Cricket fans > all in general, TBH.

TNA Final Resolution tonight, sounds like a direfest overall to me. TNA have slipped back into Russo-rific booking mode - an eight-man tag match for the TNA title? Utterly stupid, IMO. Be surprised if it ends up anything other than a total cluster**** with a screwy ending.
I just read the results and the PPV looks terrible. TNA have deteriorated quite significantly recently. WWE on the other hand has been pretty good as of late.

masterblaster

International Captain
Jim Ross on Christian Cage and Gail Kim coming back to WWE

Jim Ross appeared on the Monday Night Mayhem radio show this past week. He had some things to say regarding Gail Kim arriving in WWE, as well as the rumors of Christian Cage possibly returning to the organization. “He’s a quality human being,” Ross said regarding Cage. “As far as I know he still works for TNA. If he comes to WWE I’m sure he’s going to be given great opportunities and knowing him he’ll take advantage of them. Same with Gail Kim. She’s not quite on the level, we’re talking about a Kurt Angle or Christian but in the Diva realm, she’s certainly established a great reputation and a great following for her work that she has done for the last couple of years. She’s improved immensely. So all those people, anytime you can find people that can help your team, you should pursue it.”

Great comments by JR on Christian and Gail Kim. I've always heard great things about Christian's attitude backstage and how he's well respected by his peers and also by management. He's always come across as a humble and decent guy as well.

Well, we peeps always knew that. The Captain rules! :cool:

Athlai

Not Terrible
****ing hate Christian but I love watching him, guess he's just that effective at being a smarmy bastard. Right up there with Edge and Y2J as best allround performers.

masterblaster

International Captain
****ing hate Christian but I love watching him, guess he's just that effective at being a smarmy bastard. Right up there with Edge and Y2J as best allround performers.
Christian is awesome, one of the most charismatic and skillful wrestlers out there. Plus he's a genuinely nice bloke outside the ring too and has gone through his career without any controversy or reports of arrogant behaviour. He's excellent in a comedic heel role where his real charisma shines through.

Also, Chris Jericho is the WWE Superstar of the Year. How awesome is that! :cool:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Also, Chris Jericho is the WWE Superstar of the Year. How awesome is that! :cool:
That is awesome. Shame this Jericho-Cena feud is really only filler material until WrestleMania, it's getting pretty intense.

Last night's RAW seemed great, most of the Slammys had the right winners and it sounded like a fun show. Mysterio vs Punk at Armageddon is a first-time and potentially amazing matchup, I'm glad they decided to showcase it at a PPV where it'll be given a decent amount of time. Priceless getting the win over HHH and Batista was a big step, and I'm actually glad they didn't decide to incorporate Jericho into the stable. He doesn't need a stable, his whole character is about how great he is. Looking forward to watching the show.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair won match of the year. Michaels came out to accept the award, but was interrupted by JBL. JBL accepted the award on behalf of Michaels for himself. He then walked off with the trophy and left Michaels standing there looking sad.
Good god almighty that sounds incredible. If it wasn't for the fact that Shawn has spent the best part of a decade on a million dollar contract and that he was still on one now this angle would be awesome. Just don't believe it despite how well HBK can pull it off.

Thought Edge should've won Superstar of the Year though, and Khali getting to make out with Mickie just makes me sad. Lucky sob.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jericho stop being cool after he left Ralphus, Jericholic Ninja and his rip-off version of Pearl Jam’s Even Flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ1HXCd7NSo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letKdo6RtzQ

WCW was mint around this period, La Parka, NWO Japan, Scott Norton, Big Poppa Pump, Ultimo Dragon (with his ten belts), a coked up Eddie Guerrero pre-human/animal growth hormones steroid abuse, Psychosis and a most definitely coked up Juventud Guerrera. Sadly wrestling stopped being relevant after I turned 13. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.