• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Jericho stop being cool after he left Ralphus, Jericholic Ninja and his rip-off version of Pearl Jam’s Even Flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ1HXCd7NSo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letKdo6RtzQ

WCW was mint around this period, La Parka, NWO Japan, Scott Norton, Big Poppa Pump, Ultimo Dragon (with his ten belts), a coked up Eddie Guerrero pre-human/animal growth hormones steroid abuse, Psychosis and a most definitely coked up Juventud Guerrera. Sadly wrestling stopped being relevant after I turned 13. :(
La Parka is ownage WWE should sign him imo :p

And on the slammy's Glad Miz and Morrison won Best Tag Team

Majin

International Debutant
Word is coming in about a major backstage altercation that took place while the WWE crew was overseas in Iraq for Tribute to the Troops. Former ECW personality and WWE.com writer Joey Styles punched out former WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield, busting him open under the eye.

JBL is one of the senior members of the WWE lockerroom and has a reputation for being somewhat of a bully. According to several sources, JBL picked out Joey Styles to be the target of his hazing during the Iraq tour. JBL was messing with Styles all week, including calling him condescending names in front of other WWE employees and spilling a drink on him intentionally.

After a few days of abuse, Joey Styles had enough abuse and confronted JBL, who had been drinking at the time. The altercation turned physical and Styles dropped JBL with a punch to the face. Several wrestlers had to step in and break it up.

At last night's RAW tapings, JBL was unusually quiet while Styles tried to play down the incident and did not want to talk about it. While some companies would fire an employee for an incident like this, there are actually some people within the company that feel Styles standing up for himself might actually score him some points with Vince McMahon.
aahahahahaqh I've always loved Joey Styles but if this is true then he's become my all time hero

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair play to Joey Sytles, has always struck me as being a very reasonable and much liked guy, and a great commentator to boot. Hope this doesnt result in him getting the boot from the E, mind you....he would be a great addition to the TNA commentary team.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha Joey knocking the f out of JBL sounds incredible. Much like the time Booker belted Batista down in the lockerroom and made him apologise to the roster for being a prick. Love seeing tossers get their comeuppance.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
TNA star Kurt Angle has been telling friends that he is seriously considering returning to WWE once his TNA contract expires next fall. Angle has even gone so far as to state that he would jump ship to WWE if he had to make the decision right now.

Angle joined TNA in the fall of 2006 and has been unhappy with the creative direction of the company for quite some time. He's been vocal regarding his frustration with Jeff Jarrett's creative direction both publicly and during private conversations with Dixie Carter.

WWE officials would welcome Angle back to the company despite the negative things he said about Vince McMahon and his WWE experience when he left two years ago.

WWE would put Kurt on a limited schedule similar to those of Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. The obvious concern is whether Angle would have any Wellness Policy issues given his past problems with prescription pills.
Interesting thoughts, though I would welcome Angle back (as long as he was in a safe condition) I honestly can't see him lasting with the strict regulations the E put on the Wellness policy these days, which is a shame. But would welcome him back, at this stage of his career he could really help put over some of the other guys and put on some great matches.

Would love to see him get a feud going with Jeff, Shelton, Taker, Jericho....some mouth watering prospects there, a Jericho (heel) vs Angle (face) angle would go down a storm, I'd pay to see a match between those two....for as far as I can remember they never really got a program together apart from the short feud they had in the run up to Wrestlemania 2000.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
L-O-massive-L to Joey Styles KTFOing JBL. Great to see someone stand up to JBL for a change.

On the subject of Angle returning to WWE, I am 150% in favour. I don't care about his Wellness issues - can you imagine the potential of Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series 2009? Or Kurt Angle vs Edge? How about Cena vs Angle for the World Heavyweight Championship, or Angle vs Orton?

There is so much sheer potential available with the possibility of an Angle return that the WWE should surely be moving mountains to make it happen. Think of how much good work Shawn Michaels and Undertaker have done on their "reduced schedules" in recent years, and imagine how much more Kurt could do for the business.

Also, for what it's worth, Angle leaves TNA and TNA dies. Slowly, but it dies nonetheless.

masterblaster

International Captain
L-O-massive-L to Joey Styles KTFOing JBL. Great to see someone stand up to JBL for a change.

On the subject of Angle returning to WWE, I am 150% in favour. I don't care about his Wellness issues - can you imagine the potential of Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series 2009? Or Kurt Angle vs Edge? How about Cena vs Angle for the World Heavyweight Championship, or Angle vs Orton?

There is so much sheer potential available with the possibility of an Angle return that the WWE should surely be moving mountains to make it happen. Think of how much good work Shawn Michaels and Undertaker have done on their "reduced schedules" in recent years, and imagine how much more Kurt could do for the business.

Also, for what it's worth, Angle leaves TNA and TNA dies. Slowly, but it dies nonetheless.
If Kurt Angle can start afresh and leave his ego at the door and get along with the key decision makers in the company like Vince, Shane, Stephanie and Triple H, I think he'll be able to contribute really positively towards the WWE.

A lot of it is about your role in the locker room. Apparently before he left WWE he was a bit of a mess physically and emotionally. I think this TNA run has done him some good and that he'll be an important player for WWE if he decides to go there.

WWE in return have to give him the relaxed Undertaker or Shawn Michaels schedule. If they dont, Kurt Angle will simply burn out. TNA on the other hand really have to start concentrating on their home grown talent.

Forget the biggest talent acquisitions, forget about former WWE talent. Concentrate on your own talent. With Christian, Tomko and possibly Kurt Angle leaving TNA really have to start a fresh. They have some of the best talent in the world and they really need to make these guys become household names.

For the sake of the industry, I hope TNA is around for a long time. They have lasted without Kurt Angle and Christian Cage before and I think they will survive when these two leave for WWE.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Gene Snitsky as of today, December 11. WWE wishes Gene the best in all future endeavors.
Hmm, always thought they could have used Snitsky's limited ability a bit better than they did tbh, ah well, won't be missed.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
For the sake of the industry, I hope TNA is around for a long time. They have lasted without Kurt Angle and Christian Cage before and I think they will survive when these two leave for WWE.
I do hope TNA is around a long time, but on a personal level, I only started following them because of Angle. If many more of the star names disappear, they'll find themselves scraping the barrel a la WCW within a couple of years.

masterblaster

International Captain
I do hope TNA is around a long time, but on a personal level, I only started following them because of Angle. If many more of the star names disappear, they'll find themselves scraping the barrel a la WCW within a couple of years.
I know what you mean. I only started following TNA because of Christian. I used to catch the odd show here and there but wasn't a regular viewer by any means. They'll be around but they definitely will lose a lot of star power if Kurt Angle is going to leave.

That seems to be the problem with TNA, they don't know how to market people well. In WWE, Kurt Angle and Booker T were huge stars. In TNA, you can't even tell anymore. There's nothing special about them on TNA and they are just like everybody else. Same goes with Mick Foley.

Except for Christian, who really stepped up his game in TNA and became an even bigger star, most people who jump from WWE to TNA become run of the mill and don't seem to have that star power.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I know what you mean. I only started following TNA because of Christian. I used to catch the odd show here and there but wasn't a regular viewer by any means. They'll be around but they definitely will lose a lot of star power if Kurt Angle is going to leave.

That seems to be the problem with TNA, they don't know how to market people well. In WWE, Kurt Angle and Booker T were huge stars. In TNA, you can't even tell anymore. There's nothing special about them on TNA and they are just like everybody else. Same goes with Mick Foley.

Except for Christian, who really stepped up his game in TNA and became an even bigger star, most people who jump from WWE to TNA become run of the mill and don't seem to have that star power.
Yeah, TNA don't do marketing half as well as WWE. TNA are on the verge of booking a Foley vs Angle match - a first-time-ever match between two of the biggest names in the history of wrestling - and I bet the PPV barely does better numbers than their average.

TNA should be going all-out to market this as the biggest match in their history, but so far they're doing nothing more than teasing it. It might not be that great a match when it happens, but there are far worse matches that have done far better PPV numbers. If Foley vs Angle is anything other than the biggest match in TNA history, it'll be a failure on the part of their marketing division. Even matches like Sting vs Angle come up slightly short on this one.

duffer

UFC and MMA are a far bigger competition to the WWE than TNA is. Really getting into UFC these days too. Really loving the stuff.

masterblaster

International Captain
UFC and MMA are a far bigger competition to the WWE than TNA is. Really getting into UFC these days too. Really loving the stuff.
Don't like UFC much myself. Can't seem to get into it and I don't find it entertaining. The only time I've watched UFC is when Brock Lesnar has been competing. I will always prefer watching WWE and TNA.

duffer

Don't like UFC much myself. Can't seem to get into it and I don't find it entertaining. The only time I've watched UFC is when Brock Lesnar has been competing. I will always prefer watching WWE and TNA.
So many awesome characters in UFC for mine. Guys Like Brock, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Anderson Silva, Quinton Jackson etc. Maybe it's the fact that is a real sport and getting to the top is an actual achievement rather than being whoever Vince happens to have a hard on for at the time appeals to me. Oh and the PPV numbers they are putting up :blink: And having downloaded a fiar few of them you can see why they are surging so much these days.

I think we can all agree that recently WWE has been far more tolerable to watch from the point of view of people who have gone through puberty and the reason is because they do have proper competition but it's not from TNA (good luck to them though). Hope it continues because I enjoy watching both pro wrestling and MMA as well.

masterblaster

International Captain
So many awesome characters in UFC for mine. Guys Like Brock, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Anderson Silva, Quinton Jackson etc. Maybe it's the fact that is a real sport and getting to the top is an actual achievement rather than being whoever Vince happens to have a hard on for at the time appeals to me. Oh and the PPV numbers they are putting up :blink: And having downloaded a fiar few of them you can see why they are surging so much these days.

I think we can all agree that recently WWE has been far more tolerable to watch from the point of view of people who have gone through puberty and the reason is because they do have proper competition but it's not from TNA (good luck to them though). Hope it continues because I enjoy watching both pro wrestling and MMA as well.
WWE have become very tolerable to watch because they have gone back to the basics. No overcomplicated storylines, no cheap or tacky gimmicks and they are now putting an emphasis on good solid workers who can wrestle.

That has been the biggest difference. Plus the younger guys like CM Punk, Brian Kendrick, Miz, Morrison and Shelton Benjamin have really stepped it up and they are all fantastic wrestlers. Compare this to a few years ago when we were continually served with John Cena, Batista and Triple H along with guys like Chris Masters and Snitsky. It's a much better show to watch now.

duffer

Yeah but I belive the reason for the change is because they fear the competition. UFC is now top dog in PPV numbers even ahead of boxing and there is a large overlap in fanbases between the two. Vince really doesn't want to lose any more people who budget their PPV's over to UFC especially in economic times like these so he's trying to freshen up the landscape and apply more sensible booking to his shows.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lance Storm has posted yet another rant after watching iMPACT!. He kept tabs on the actual amount of wrestling on the show. Storm wrote: "Am I the only one that noticed that TNA iMPACT! this week had less than 18 minutes of actual wrestling on the program. Official match times totaled, I believe, 17 minutes and 55 second. ECW has had more wrestling minutes than that on their show and ECW is but half the length. If we break down the entire 120 minutes of the program we have 18 minutes of wrestling (I rounded up), 32 minutes of commercials, and 70 minutes of skits, promos, and general stupidity. Keep in mind the name of this company is Total Nonstop Action, yet only 15% of this show was action. This leaves 27% of the show for commercials, and 58% of the show skits, comedy, and talking. There was even one stretch where they went 37 minutes with out a wrestling match. Can this even be called a wrestling show anymore?" He then criticizes TNA for devoting more television time to the Christy Hemme vs. Sojourner Bolt match than the Jay Lethal vs. Alex Shelley match. Storm pokes fun at Sojourner Bolt's heel turn similar to how Tony Schiavone poked fun at Mick Foley winning the WWF Championship in 1999 by sarcastically saying that it will draw big ratings and that he's on the edge of his seat. Although, Bolt's match with Hemme drew a 1.28 cable rating, the highest rated portion of the show, if not one of the highest segments of the year. Storm wrote: "Why would any sane person book Jay Lethal vs. Alex Shelley and Christy Hemme vs. Sejourner Bolt on the same show and decide to give the latter match more than twice the time as the former? We had the opportunity to see Jay Lethal and Alex Shelly wrestling in TNA (Total Nonstop Action) and they were given less than 2 minutes for their match. What a wasted opportunity to entertain fans! I guess the thought process must be that the big Sejourner Bolt heel turn will draw ratings and PPV buys. I know I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out where that angle goes. Are there not already more heels than faces in the Knockouts division?"
Pretty much sums up my distain for TNA, well done Lance.

duffer

Punk v Mysterio :blink: Holy f*** what a match ridiculous spots, ebbs and flows and you gotta see the GTS at the end. Sick impact and looks so much better on a cruiserweight than on a heavyweight. Also must say as much as I dislike HBK he's finding a way to make this JBL angle work. The "you sold out" chants were a shock, the guy can really gut a ridiculous promo.

Shut my stream down when Mae Young and Khali were about to kiss and couldn't get it to load up again to see the ME's. Damn I guess he needed some karmic retribution for Lillian and Mickie but they owe Khali big time after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.