• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
Great call by Barney on this Jeff Hardy situation being a work. While I'm glad everything is okay with Hardy, I'm not too impressed with how WWE dealt with this angle. After all the things that have happened over the past few years, to do an article like 'Jeff Hardy Rushed To Hospital' was irresponsible. They could've just had Edge as a mystery man knock out Jeff Hardy backstage during the PPV.

As for the PPV, I'm glad Edge is WWE Champion again. The man's too good not to hold a belt and I'm glad the belt is of Triple H. That being said, WWE have no faith in putting the title on Hardy whatsoever do they? For Hardy to be built up like an absolute legend and after pinning Triple H and The Undertaker in consecutive weeks, it was logical to think that he would be WWE Champion. Overall I'm not complaining, but Hardy has every right to feel a little aggreived.

As for John Cena, it's great to see him back and he is a very important part of WWE but he does absolutely nothing for me as World Heavyweight Champion. We've seen his reign of boredom too many times. Chris Jericho made for a wondefully entertaining and exciting heel champion and he has in my opinion produced some of the best work of his career as World Champion. So disappointed that he had to lose the belt, again.

I hope we see more of Cena vs Jericho, with Jericho maybe winning the belt back at Armageddon, because Cena is much better served at chasing than being World Champion all the time.

Also adds an interesting twist to when Christian will come back to WWE. With Edge having the WWE Championship, once he gets through Triple H and Jeff Hardy, the tale is tailor made for a Edge vs Christian feud with the title on the line at Wrestlemania.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cena didn't deserve to win the belt straight off the bat but there was no other way of booking for the WWE. Shame that Jericho is collateral in this whole thing but he doesn't hold a candle to Cena in terms of drawing and putting him over big was the best move for the WWE.

That said he handled it brilliantly and they both busted their asses out there, especially Jericho who was magnificent in covering up for Cena's ring rust.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well, whadda ya know...
Haha, yeah. The two of us > the entire WWE booking team.

Delighted with Edge's win, so many possibilities from here. Marked out like **** when it happened.

Cena's win was understandable, disappointed that Jericho had to go over, but as has been said, he pales into comparison with Cena for star power. Very good match though, thought both guys did a great job.

Main thing I was disappointed with at SS is the lameness that was 'Taker vs Big Show. Their matches so far have been very enjoyable, but this one wasn't. It felt incomplete, probably because of the lack of actual wrestling moves. Should have ended the feud, this match - but given its mediocrity, I don't think they'll want that to be the case. Didn't put 'Taker over especially strongly.

Also disappointed with Team HBK going over so strongly, although pleased that Morrison was the last man standing on his team; gutted that Regal got buried, although in the long run if it leads to a Regal vs Punk feud then I'm happy.

All in all a pretty good show. Edge's return was definitely the highlight.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
My computer won't let me edit that post, but I've just read why Regal got eliminated so early. Apparently he had a bad flu bug, picked up on tour. Fair enough.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And Jericho is the new number 1 contender....excellent, looks like they will be continuing the Jericho/Cena feud, obviously he will be a fodder challenger...but still this should provide some good entertainment.

duffer

Just watched Taker v Show. Ugh, honestly this was akin to a Nash v Khali Iron Man match for mine. Just plain bad.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Excited by Jericho as Number One Contender, good to see that we'll be getting a rematch. Hopefully they at least bring up at some point the 2005 feud between the two that led to Jericho getting "fired" the first time.

This IC tournament looks interesting too, I bet we'll end up with Punk vs Kingston in the final. Punk vs Regal should be brilliant, if they give it enough time.

Weird that Kennedy made his return on RAW last night, can only assume it was to shill his new movie - hopefully he'll be back on SmackDown long-term. Excited by his comeback if he can stay fit.

masterblaster

International Captain
The triple threat match on Raw was great. Really glad that Jericho won. We even got a hint of the arrogant Jericho of old in his celebration when he won that match, which was great.

duffer

The triple threat match on Raw was great. Really glad that Jericho won. We even got a hint of the arrogant Jericho of old in his celebration when he won that match, which was great.
Yeah normally those type of finishes make a guy look like a puss, but Jericho came out looking just plain smart. Let Orton and the freak chest thump and beat each other down and took advantage at the right time. Great stuff, as was the last segment he had with Cena. Shame they won't give this feud as much time or scope as the Jericho-HBK feud because it has every possibility of beign as good on TV (matches won't be as spectacular obviously).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Smackdown Taping results...

HHH vs Hardy vs Edge announced for Armageddon......looks like HHH heel turn is in the works after he attacked Jeff Hardy backstage....

Also pleased to see that Shelton Benjamin wasn't squashed in his beat the clock sprint match against HHH....

Am pleased that Gregory Helms has returned not using the hurricane gimmick as well, great to see him back after so long!

After Big Show and Taker faced off in a cage match on next weeks edition I'm hoping that this will signal the end for this feud, and allow taker to go on and face Kozlov in some form.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
In a really left-field piece of news, "Tyson" Tomko is rumoured to have signed a contract to return to WWE.

This is slightly bizarre news, but makes sense if Christian is also to make a return soon. Not sure if re-uniting Christian and Tomko is really the way to go, but that might not necessarily be the way they're going, so we'll see.

Intriguing times in the WWE. The leadup to WrestleMania XXV is going to be fascinating, particularly the period between the Royal Rumble and No Way Out, when the 'Mania feuds start taking shape.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In a really left-field piece of news, "Tyson" Tomko is rumoured to have signed a contract to return to WWE.

This is slightly bizarre news, but makes sense if Christian is also to make a return soon. Not sure if re-uniting Christian and Tomko is really the way to go, but that might not necessarily be the way they're going, so we'll see.

Intriguing times in the WWE. The leadup to WrestleMania XXV is going to be fascinating, particularly the period between the Royal Rumble and No Way Out, when the 'Mania feuds start taking shape.
I think if it's true, the signing of Tomko is quite a decent move, as he's a serviceable wrestler at worst. I think whether or not they would pair him up with Christian would strongly depend on whether or not they wanted to push him as a face or heel. Obviously if he is to feud with Edge then the chances are that they will have to keep him entirely seperate. Could make a nice replacement for Lance Cade at the side of Jericho though I would have thought.

masterblaster

International Captain
Tomko had improved so much during his run in TNA, that he'd be a great addition to the WWE roster. He actually has some charisma and presence unlike some of their other giants. Get rid of them, hire Tomko and Christian.

As for Tomko being the ally of Chris Jericho, that would be absolutely brilliant. Those two could pull this off so well. Would make for some really interesting viewing. I would keep Christian and Tomko apart for now. Put Christian on Smackdown and Tomko on Raw. Tomko as Jericho's ally and Christian on his own feuding with Edge would be awesome.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
According to Dave Meltzer, Shawn Michaels has pitched to wrestle The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 in Houston, Texas. Obviously Undertaker would go over Michaels but the feeling is that the payoff for both Superstars would be very nice.
Oh boy, let's hope Dave has got that right.

chalky

International Debutant
Haha, yeah. The two of us > the entire WWE booking team.

Also disappointed with Team HBK going over so strongly, although pleased that Morrison was the last man standing on his team; gutted that Regal got buried, although in the long run if it leads to a Regal vs Punk feud then I'm happy.
Loved the Morrison HBK interaction, marked out when Morisson hit flying forearm, nip up & flying elbow. Would love to see these two given 20 minute match, with shwan's workrate & Morrison's athleticism reckon it would be sh!t hot match.

Completely off topic reckon HHH cross face lacks any believability whatsoever almoast as bad as the STFU.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Completely off topic reckon HHH cross face lacks any believability whatsoever almoast as bad as the STFU.
What amuses me is the way that until recently in light of the Benoit incidents they refused to call it a "crossface" on commentary, referring to it as a "submission hold".

duffer

Loved the Morrison HBK interaction, marked out when Morisson hit flying forearm, nip up & flying elbow. Would love to see these two given 20 minute match, with shwan's workrate & Morrison's athleticism reckon it would be sh!t hot match.

Yeah , am wondering when Morrison will lose the Miz and get his singles push. He has a great look, ability to work, charisma and is on good terms with management. Am very high on the bloke, think he can be very big if given the right kind of push and people to work with.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Oh boy, let's hope Dave has got that right.
Quite. Been pitching this myself for months now, ITBT. The groundwork has been laid - RR2007, RR2008, couple of staredowns on RAW/SmackDown...writes itself, TBH. Will probably be one of the greatest matches of all time, I'd bet. Both guys doing stellar work these days, would absolutely tear the house down.

Status
Not open for further replies.