• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
So, anyway, Royal Rumble in 10 days...anyone else think there's the slightest chance Jeff Hardy might actually walk away with the belt? If there was ever a time for it, it's now. If Orton dropped it then won it back at No Way Out (Ladder Match, perhaps?) then it'd be a great way to get a bit more extra heat on Orton before his inevitable collision with HHH at 'Mania.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I guess you're right there. Another thing I wish they would do is allow slightly bigger rosters. 20 being the maximum means it's often difficult to fill a Heat card and a Raw card at the same time. There's always loads of guys available on frees anyway, so they might as well expand the maximum to 24 or 25, it's not like they need to expand the number of characters in the game. As it is now, if you have a 6-man tag match anywhere on your card, you're gonna end up with Snitsky vs Jillian Hall as the main event of Heat, or something like that.
haha its not so bad actually on the ps2 version, I often find that I have people left over at the end of a show, although I dont think on the Ps2 you get heat/velocity as an option, not in the latest version anyway (unless i'm just being stupid), but I never really used heat on previous versions anyway, only one or two matches every now and again to build someone up.

Majin

International Debutant
I loved the idea but hated the execution of GM mode, so I ended up just haxing it with the two wrestler only strategy just so I could get unlimited exp for my CAW's.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So, anyway, Royal Rumble in 10 days...anyone else think there's the slightest chance Jeff Hardy might actually walk away with the belt? If there was ever a time for it, it's now. If Orton dropped it then won it back at No Way Out (Ladder Match, perhaps?) then it'd be a great way to get a bit more extra heat on Orton before his inevitable collision with HHH at 'Mania.
I'm actually beginning to think it may happen, maybe i'm just being suckered by the wwe, and if I am it will come as no surprise, as we have seen this happen in the past (jericho and benoit being pushed loads early in 2001 only to job mainevents in particular spring to mind). But it seems like this could happen, and it would be awesome if it does, my word it would. Hardy is the most over guy on the roster at the moment, and thanks to his insane stunts his push will have gone off the charts, fingers crossed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I loved the idea but hated the execution of GM mode, so I ended up just haxing it with the two wrestler only strategy just so I could get unlimited exp for my CAW's.
haha its stupid how you can do that actually, on the 07 version i just had Angle vs Batista for every single match I ever did for an entire year and had about 95% of the ratings, stupid how the game wont stop you cheating your way through it like that really.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm actually beginning to think it may happen, maybe i'm just being suckered by the wwe, and if I am it will come as no surprise, as we have seen this happen in the past (jericho and benoit being pushed loads early in 2001 only to job mainevents in particular spring to mind). But it seems like this could happen, and it would be awesome if it does, my word it would. Hardy is the most over guy on the roster at the moment, and thanks to his insane stunts his push will have gone off the charts, fingers crossed.
Yeah, I'm hoping for an upset. If it comes, it'll come now, so that they can have him drop it again before WrestleMania. They won't trust Jeff with the WM main event.

What I can see happening, however, is the match ending in a double-DQ or double-countout, so that Orton retains, but then it gives them scope for something else insane to happen and Jeff to get over even more. Which just means it'll piss people off more if he doesn't get the belt.

However...I'd be pretty confident in saying that if Jeff doesn't win the title soon, then he'll be the next Mr. Money In The Bank. Him or MVP, but once 'Taker wins the title back, MVP is the next logical feud for him after Edge, so that means MVP probably doesn't need MITB. Which in turn means they'll probably give it to him anyway.

Speaking of 'Taker winning the title again, would anyone else mark out big time if Kane turned heel again and they had a brief feud? I know I would.

Majin

International Debutant
I'd mark out to **** if Kane did a heel turn period, a feud with 'Taker would be awesome.

Don't feel Hardy is gonna win the belt, I'd love it if he did but the way the build up to the match is going just reeks of Hardy somehow being screwed out of a win.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Speaking of 'Taker winning the title again, would anyone else mark out big time if Kane turned heel again and they had a brief feud? I know I would.
only if they sort his character out, the maniac who set JR on fire/wrecked matt hardy's wedding character just sucks.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
only if they sort his character out, the maniac who set JR on fire/wrecked matt hardy's wedding character just sucks.
TBH, the whole unmasking angle sucked. Kane was at his best just before they unmasked him - around the time when he held the IC and Tag Titles and was in the WHC hunt too. Remember when he won TLC IV on his own? Now that's what I call being put over.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
TBH, the whole unmasking angle sucked. Kane was at his best just before they unmasked him - around the time when he held the IC and Tag Titles and was in the WHC hunt too. Remember when he won TLC IV on his own? Now that's what I call being put over.
yeah indeed, pretty good match actually, and yes, its been downhill all the way from there really lol, stupid wwe, wish they had put the mask back on when they ran that angle about 2 years ago, instead of letting it end really stupidly, turns out that the imposter kane was actually festus lol. I imagine they can easily enough run a storyline to put the mask back on, all they need to do is feud him with someone, end the feud with kane getting put in a box and setting the box on fire, then let kane have about 4 months off, then have him come back surprisingly with the mask on, easy, lol.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
I like it

Maybe an inferno match against Taker for the title? (with him losing)

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
WWE HD goes live this week, but despite all the hype I didnt realise the full implications this upgrade would have, apparently the RAW and Smakdown sets are to be completely re-developed and the iconic RAW titantron is having to be replaced.... where I'm happy with the upgrade to HD, as thats the way things will go at the moment...it will be sad to leave something that truly represents the WWE behind, just hope they do a good job of revamping it.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Details_On_WWE_HD_No_More_TitanTronSD_Fist_Mo.shtml

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Yeah, the jump to HD is actually big news as it turns out. Should be interesting.

What's also interesting is that I've made a big decision - I'm not gonna read any spoilers or wrestling sites besides WWE.com between now and WrestleMania. I did this in the leadup to SummerSlam last year and it made it a lot more interesting, so I'm gonna see if I can hold out.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Hahah good call, think I may attempt to join you in that one but I might fail miserably.
Last time I gave up because I heard around a month before SummerSlam that Orton was set to win, then stopped reading spoilers as a test run, and found it was more fun. Then when Orton didn't win, I started reading spoilers again to find out what the plans were for the Orton-Cena angle 'cause I was interested by the fact Cena had still not lost the belt.

With any luck this time WrestleMania will be totally predictable so I shouldn't have to relapse once it's over. :laugh:

In fact, I'm gonna have another go at predicting the WM card, as things have changed a bit since the last time I tried it:

WWE Championship Match:
Batista vs Randy Orton (C)

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Undertaker vs Edge (C) (w/ Vicky Guerrero)

ECW Championship Match:
CM Punk (C) vs Shelton Benjamin

Career-Threatening Match:
Ric Flair vs Triple H

WWE United States Championship Match:
Matt Hardy vs MVP (C)

Street Fight:
Shane McMahon (w/Linda McMahon and Stephanie McMahon) vs Mr. Kennedy (w/ Vince McMahon)

Big Show vs The Great Khali

World Tag Team Title Match:
Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes (C) vs Carlito & Santino Marella (w/ Maria)

Shawn Michaels vs JBL

Money In The Bank Ladder Match:
Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio vs Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle) vs Umaga vs Kane vs John Morrison vs Bobby Lashley

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the jump to HD is actually big news as it turns out. Should be interesting.

What's also interesting is that I've made a big decision - I'm not gonna read any spoilers or wrestling sites besides WWE.com between now and WrestleMania. I did this in the leadup to SummerSlam last year and it made it a lot more interesting, so I'm gonna see if I can hold out.
haha yeah I thought about doing that as well, but when you have free time and access to the internet every day its very tempting to get online and have a quick poke around.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
WWE Championship Match:
Batista vs Randy Orton (C)

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Undertaker vs Edge (C) (w/ Vicky Guerrero)

ECW Championship Match:
CM Punk (C) vs Shelton Benjamin

Career-Threatening Match:
Ric Flair vs Triple H

WWE United States Championship Match:
Matt Hardy vs MVP (C)

Street Fight:
Shane McMahon (w/Linda McMahon and Stephanie McMahon) vs Mr. Kennedy (w/ Vince McMahon)

Big Show vs The Great Khali

World Tag Team Title Match:
Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes (C) vs Carlito & Santino Marella (w/ Maria)

Shawn Michaels vs JBL

Money In The Bank Ladder Match:
Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio vs Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle) vs Umaga vs Kane vs John Morrison vs The Miz
probably a fairly accurate card I imagine, but I imagine Lashley will have a match somewhere, and possible SPOILER ALERT FOR YOU RUBBLE**********************************************************************************************************************************************

its rumoured that cena will make play some sort of physical part in one form or another, he wont be fit to compete in a match, but he wwe are pushing for him to be used as a referee or something which would be decent.

Would hope that ric flairs last match is againt someone other than HHH tbh, and would rather that neither Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio wins MITB, but i bet they will.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
probably a fairly accurate card I imagine, but I imagine Lashley will have a match somewhere, and possible SPOILER ALERT FOR YOU RUBBLE**********************************************************************************************************************************************

its rumoured that cena will make play some sort of physical part in one form or another, he wont be fit to compete in a match, but he wwe are pushing for him to be used as a referee or something which would be decent.

Would hope that ric flairs last match is againt someone other than HHH tbh, and would rather that neither Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio wins MITB, but i bet they will.
Haha, thanks, but I already knew Cena was expected to appear. I read that part 'cause I figured if it hadn't emerged over the weekend I'd probably already know about it. I heard it was going to be as a run-in on the main event, but I think as guest referee would be better, it's been ages since we had a title match with a guest ref.

Oh, and I forgot about Lashley, I'll put him in MITB instead of The Miz. The Miz...FFS.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh HBK vs JBL would be pretty decent actually, I imagine would pan out better than JBL vs Y2J.

here's hoping that Y2J will win the MITB or something meaningful in the near future.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
tbh HBK vs JBL would be pretty decent actually, I imagine would pan out better than JBL vs Y2J.

here's hoping that Y2J will win the MITB or something meaningful in the near future.
I'm just hoping he'll actually get some mic time. The guy is one of the best mic workers in the entire company, and all he gets to do is do run-ins on JBL's ten-minute entrance. I like JBL's mic work, but it seems these days that the WWE's best mic workers don't get any mic time.

One thing that's struck me lately is how much time on shows and PPVs the WWE wastes on advertising for other products or upcoming shows, unnecessary backstage segments, feud promos, recaps, and general other timewasting practices. Classic example:

WrestleMania 17: 4 hours long, 11 matches, maybe five or six short match promos or segments, one of the best wrestling PPVs of all time.

WrestleMania 23: 4 hours long, 8 matches, numerous lengthy match promos and pointless backstage skits (involving Cryme Tyme starting a disco backstage attended by Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter and others, or perhaps Donald Trump asking the Boogeyman to get him a sandwich, or Vince telling his baby grand-daughter how badly he's gonna beat up Donald) - NOT one of the best wrestling PPVs of all time. Decent, but I'd have enjoyed it so much more if there had been even one or two more good matches on the card.

Having said that, the WWE roster at the time was so horrendously weak thanks to injuries that I think they did a decent job with what they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.