• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
haha was that the ladder match when they werent allowed to use ladders and the belt was hung on a rope across the ring? terrible idea, the thing fell down about 5 times during the match and had to be put back up, very shoddy.
Nah, although that match does sound very funny. I was referring to the King of the Mountain Match, where (if I'm right) you have five guys competing to grab the title belt from ringside and hang it on a hook above the ring using a ladder. There's also a crazy rule where if you get pinned, you're still in the match, but there's a little "penalty booth" at ringside which is basically a little cage, and you have to go stand in there for two minutes once you get three-counted. Just a ridiculous, ridiculous match.

There's also matches like the one they had recently where there's a briefcase above each corner of the ring, and three of them hold title match contracts while the other one holds a P45. How does that possibly benefit anyone? A contract for a title match is a great way of pushing someone, but when three (or four, as one contract was for the tag belts) guys get them at the same time, everyone's push gets mixed up and there's no hierarchy of who's more over than who. You can have the guy who's just got the shot at the X-Division belt be more over than the Heavyweight guy, and then the Tag challengers won't be over at all because everyone's cheering for the X-Division guy they love who's also just won.

TNA won't be a realistic challenger to WWE until they sort out their booking - it was horrible booking, among other things, that brought WCW down, and it'll bring TNA down too unless Jarrett stops trying so hard to differentiate their product.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Oh, and incidentally, latest news (as of today), on one particular tune we can all expect to hear at the Royal Rumble...

WEEEEEELLLLLL, IT'S THE BIIIIIG SHOOOOOWWW..........

:cool: Yes, that's right, the Big Show, Paul Wight, has agreed a contract to return to WWE. He originally had intentions of being a boxer, but that's not panned out for him, so he's returning now that his injuries have healed since he left. Apparently he only weighs about 440lbs now, will be interesting to see if he's a better worker because of it.

Great news for the company IMO, after a year of Khali, Mark Henry and Big Daddy Viscera it'll be great to have a big man around who knows how to work. Plus, SmackDown! needs another big name now that JBL's big return has happened on Raw.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah I was so stoked when I heard he was coming back, have always rated his talking skills, he's one of the funniest guys around the business. He had that one bad period where he was bald and really fat and just relied on big boots and headbutts, but when he went to ECW his work had improved vastly imho, so especially now that he's fitter again signs are very positive, can't wait to see him back.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Yeah I was so stoked when I heard he was coming back, have always rated his talking skills, he's one of the funniest guys around the business. He had that one bad period where he was bald and really fat and just relied on big boots and headbutts, but when he went to ECW his work had improved vastly imho, so especially now that he's fitter again signs are very positive, can't wait to see him back.
Agreed, in ECW he was great. I think being told he was gonna be holding up the brand to a certain extent made him get his arse in gear. Hope he continues to use the Cobra Clutch Backbreaker instead of the Chokeslam, that was awesome.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha the return of the show, as said above will be great to see him back, hopefully now that he's lost a bit of weight he will look the part and be able to work a match like he used to, WB big fella.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Big Show v Khali at WM? Or Big Show and Khali v Viscera and Henry?

Don't like Viscera and Henry but it might happen.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

just seen the pics from the wwe website of last nights RAW, looks like Jeff Hardy did one hell of an insane Swanton on Randy Orton, what a guy, he is getting very very over with the fans now, although its great to see Y2J back, its Jeff who is saving the WWE at the moment, no question, definitely the hottest superstar on the roster at the moment, man it would be sweet if he beat Orton at the Rumble.

on another note it now appears HHH will win the royal rumble as he will be given a chance to get his place back next week it would seem...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

just seen the pics from the wwe website of last nights RAW, looks like Jeff Hardy did one hell of an insane Swanton on Randy Orton, what a guy, he is getting very very over with the fans now, although its great to see Y2J back, its Jeff who is saving the WWE at the moment, no question, definitely the hottest superstar on the roster at the moment, man it would be sweet if he beat Orton at the Rumble.

on another note it now appears HHH will win the royal rumble as he will be given a chance to get his place back next week it would seem...
Yeah, I've heard people complaining about Jeff being in the main event scene but seriously, no-one could accuse him of not having grasped his chance with both hands. Two weeks in a row now he's delivered a jaw-droppingly awesome moment. Yet further proof that you don't have to be as technically sound as Kurt Angle or as good on the mic as The Rock to entertain the fans.

If Vince wasn't as predictable as he is, I'd start to doubt whether he was convinced that Orton vs HHH was a better bet for the WM main event than Jeff vs HHH. Jeff is more over than anyone in the company now, certainly anyone on Raw. The only one who comes close to being as over as Jeff is 'Taker. HHH has some catching up to do.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
would really love to see jeff pushed into a major match at WM, would have been so much better if they had chosen to have Edge vs Jeff or Taker vs Jeff in a hell in a cell, Jeffs ability to take bumps mean that they could really have had some "holy ****" moments. Would be so gun if Hardy won the world title though, that would be a genuine mark out moment. Certainly he is the one thing making RAW worth watching at the moment, he Carlito, Santino and Y2J are pretty much the only interesting superstars on the RAW roster at the moment....

now just need to find someway of involing Y2J in a decent storyline/feud to make mania worth ordering, return of lashley and big show should also widen the scope for some decent matches.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
would really love to see jeff pushed into a major match at WM, would have been so much better if they had chosen to have Edge vs Jeff or Taker vs Jeff in a hell in a cell, Jeffs ability to take bumps mean that they could really have had some "holy ****" moments. Would be so gun if Hardy won the world title though, that would be a genuine mark out moment. Certainly he is the one thing making RAW worth watching at the moment, he Carlito, Santino and Y2J are pretty much the only interesting superstars on the RAW roster at the moment....

now just need to find someway of involing Y2J in a decent storyline/feud to make mania worth ordering, return of lashley and big show should also widen the scope for some decent matches.
Yeah, agreed. JBL's not funny any more, he's just a ****. HHH just needs to turn heel and get it over and done with. Orton is dull as Hell as champ. Umaga's jobbing.

Carlito and Santino need to win the tag titles soon, or both their pushes will die out. JBL's return has robbed Santino of valuable mic time.

Also, is anyone else really intrigued by this "deal" that Vince and Finlay keep mentioning? I'm gonna gamble on saying Finlay is really Hornswoggle's father, and gave him to Vince in exchange for Vince protecting him using all his resources. In turn, it'll eventually be revealed that Kennedy is in fact Vince's son, and he'll face Shane at WM24. Kennedy's feud with HBK won't last 'till 'Mania, and he's gonna need something to do other than enter MITB again. End Kennedy/HBK at No Way Out in a gimmick match, then have the revelation about Ken the next night.

Majin

International Debutant
That Swanton was in-****ing-sane, I just hope that this doesn't end with the Rumble match being called off 'cause both of them got dicked. But yeah, Jeff Hardy is the god damn man.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, agreed. JBL's not funny any more, he's just a ****. HHH just needs to turn heel and get it over and done with. Orton is dull as Hell as champ. Umaga's jobbing.

Carlito and Santino need to win the tag titles soon, or both their pushes will die out. JBL's return has robbed Santino of valuable mic time.

Also, is anyone else really intrigued by this "deal" that Vince and Finlay keep mentioning? I'm gonna gamble on saying Finlay is really Hornswoggle's father, and gave him to Vince in exchange for Vince protecting him using all his resources. In turn, it'll eventually be revealed that Kennedy is in fact Vince's son, and he'll face Shane at WM24. Kennedy's feud with HBK won't last 'till 'Mania, and he's gonna need something to do other than enter MITB again. End Kennedy/HBK at No Way Out in a gimmick match, then have the revelation about Ken the next night.
yeah can defo see that happening actually, I'd bet on something very similar to that happening, and that would actually be a pretty cool way to go tbh, another pull for mania for me anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That Swanton was in-****ing-sane, I just hope that this doesn't end with the Rumble match being called off 'cause both of them got dicked. But yeah, Jeff Hardy is the god damn man.
nah I imagine it will still go ahead, i'm guessing the injuries they both suffered were kayfabe.

Majin

International Debutant
I know but I don't trust the WWE on issues like this anymore, if it's not one of the big name wrestlers anything could happen.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
haha was that the ladder match when they werent allowed to use ladders and the belt was hung on a rope across the ring? terrible idea, the thing fell down about 5 times during the match and had to be put back up, very shoddy.
Ultimate X....Great Idea....The belt was hung poorly so it fell a lot, good match type though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
major breakage of forum rules there lol, but yeah pretty much what he said, just google it and you will find it straight away.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ultimate X....Great Idea....The belt was hung poorly so it fell a lot, good match type though.
terrible match type really tbh, another case (as previously mentioned by rubble) of TNA over booking itself, I mean it was so obvious what kind of moves etc... would be pulled off in this match, the flying spear was a poor immitation of edge spearing jeff hardy at WM17 (one of the best wwe spots ever).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
terrible match type really tbh, another case (as previously mentioned by rubble) of TNA over booking itself, I mean it was so obvious what kind of moves etc... would be pulled off in this match, the flying spear was a poor immitation of edge spearing jeff hardy at WM17 (one of the best wwe spots ever).
That spot is my favourite of all time, the Edge/Jeff one. What I love most about it is that it's even more dangerous than it looks. If Edge had hit Jeff too high when he speared him, Jeff would have over-rotated in mid-air and probably smashed his head and neck to pieces; if Edge hit him too low, Edge would have slid off Jeff's legs, and either landed on his feet and looked like an idiot for botching it so badly, or more likely, gone straight through him and smashed his own head and neck to pieces.

And what you just said basically sums TNA up - they try so hard to differentiate themselves from WWE, but they also end up shamelessly ripping it off a lot of the time. Until they start creating more of their own stars like AJ Styles and stop relying on main events like Booker T vs Kurt Angle, TNA will never be competitive, and it'll remain mediocre at best.

EDIT: Incidentally, I've got WM17 on my computer now, watched it twice recently - best PPV in the history of wrestling? Certainly a contender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.