• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin

International Debutant
While I agree that they should be pushing their own talent to the main event level and top spots in the company, really can't argue with Booker T vs Kurt Angle, two of the top guys in the whole business and a match I'd love to watch, personally. Though yeah, I would prefer to be seeing AJ vs Kurt. God damn that would be awesome.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
While I agree that they should be pushing their own talent to the main event level and top spots in the company, really can't argue with Booker T vs Kurt Angle, two of the top guys in the whole business and a match I'd love to watch, personally. Though yeah, I would prefer to be seeing AJ vs Kurt. God damn that would be awesome.
Oh yeah, I'm not arguing that Booker T vs Angle is awesome. I do think they'd be better served with Booker T vs Kaz or someone and Angle vs Styles though, that was my point. They need to use the ex-WWE guys to put the TNA guys over, not to dominate their whole main event scene. I mean, WTF is Kevin Nash still doing in the ring? Surely his knees must be 100% metal by now?

Majin

International Debutant
Perhaps he is going to start using them as a pants finishing move like Lex Luger did with the "metal plate in his forearm"

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Don West "OH MY GOD, HE JUST HIT THE STEEL KNEECAP THAT'S GOTTA BE IT! MAYBE I SHOULD LEARN TO SPEAK AT THE REGULAR PITCH AND TONE OF A NORMAL HUMAN BEING"

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Perhaps he is going to start using them as a pants finishing move like Lex Luger did with the "metal plate in his forearm"
Haha, reminds me of Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar, when 'Taker got to use the cast on his arm as a weapon. As if it wouldn't hurt his arm at all. :laugh:

Also, going by last night's ECW, looks like Chavo Guerrero's joining the Edgeheads. Awesome.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the idea of using a cast as a weapon is so stupid, but yet it seems to be used every year, although if you ever did that in real life you would damage yourself a hell of a lot worse than happens in wrestling,

similarly i remember when foley wrapped barbed wire around himself under his clothes at WM22, and then when edge speared him edge acted really hurt but foley was fine, which wouldnt have happened in real life lol, but still, that was a pretty good match.

Majin

International Debutant
That match was great, Edge taking the mandible claw with the barbed wire wrapped around Foley's hand was raw.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
its weird of thinking of WM22, its somehow like it never actually happened, as prety much all of the matches on the card were of very little lasting significance, probably the worst mania since i started watching wwe as well tbh.

Majin

International Debutant
Also, dunno if this has been posted already but if you type "cheese souffle" into youtube, it brings up ****loads of wrestling. Pretty funny and quite awesome. I found out because my mates girlfriend had some exam about new forms of media and it was in there, for whatever ghetto reason. Something to do with getting around copyright laws. xD

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Also, dunno if this has been posted already but if you type "cheese souffle" into youtube, it brings up ****loads of wrestling. Pretty funny and quite awesome. I found out because my mates girlfriend had some exam about new forms of media and it was in there, for whatever ghetto reason. Something to do with getting around copyright laws. xD
Haha, that's so weird. Funny though.

As for WrestleMania 22, I didn't think it was that bad. The Michaels-McMahon match was just supposed to be a moneymaker, and although it was pretty boring with Michaels just dominating the whole time (despite it being 1-on-7 at one point once the Spirit Squad and Shane interfered), the ending was cool.

Most of the other matches were interesting just 'cause the crowd supported the heels all the time - Carlito, HHH, Orton, and Mickie James all got big pops (although if you're gonna run a lesbian storyline between two Divas, it's not gonna get booed), but they weren't all that good besides Foley-Edge. The Triple Threat for the WHC was good, but too short, and I'm a believer, much like many others, that 'Mania main events should be one-on-one.

On another random note, I downloaded a DVD a while back called "The Rock: Just Bring It!", and I watched it for the first time last night. It's quite interesting, it follows The Rock around during 2001, his biggest year and IMO the best year in wrestling history, as he films movies, main events WM, and does all kinds of other stuff. There's highlights of several matches on the DVD itself, but the extras is where the good stuff lies. It's got three or four very good matches on there, and it's also got about 7 or 8 of his best promos from that year. The one with Kurt Angle where he explains the concepts of pie, strudel and jugs of milk is just priceless, as is the infamous one with Lilian Garcia where he spends about 5 minutes talking about how much she secretly loves him. Man, the guy was a legend.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sledgers tenure as GM of RAW

Hey all who read the thread,

i've been playing Smackdown vs RAW 08 on the Ps2 a fair bit recently, and will be starting a game as GM of RAW, the progress of which I plan to blog on the internet somewhere, if I post the reports of each live event I do in here would anyone be interested in reading it? if so then let me know and i'll put a copy in here reflecting the events, matches and storylines from each show...let me know..........

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, that's so weird. Funny though.

As for WrestleMania 22, I didn't think it was that bad. The Michaels-McMahon match was just supposed to be a moneymaker, and although it was pretty boring with Michaels just dominating the whole time (despite it being 1-on-7 at one point once the Spirit Squad and Shane interfered), the ending was cool.

Most of the other matches were interesting just 'cause the crowd supported the heels all the time - Carlito, HHH, Orton, and Mickie James all got big pops (although if you're gonna run a lesbian storyline between two Divas, it's not gonna get booed), but they weren't all that good besides Foley-Edge. The Triple Threat for the WHC was good, but too short, and I'm a believer, much like many others, that 'Mania main events should be one-on-one.

On another random note, I downloaded a DVD a while back called "The Rock: Just Bring It!", and I watched it for the first time last night. It's quite interesting, it follows The Rock around during 2001, his biggest year and IMO the best year in wrestling history, as he films movies, main events WM, and does all kinds of other stuff. There's highlights of several matches on the DVD itself, but the extras is where the good stuff lies. It's got three or four very good matches on there, and it's also got about 7 or 8 of his best promos from that year. The one with Kurt Angle where he explains the concepts of pie, strudel and jugs of milk is just priceless, as is the infamous one with Lilian Garcia where he spends about 5 minutes talking about how much she secretly loves him. Man, the guy was a legend.
yeah in fairness it was ok really, just not as good as most of the other manias in recent years, the triple threat for the world title should have been the mainevent, and a few of the matches like booker vs boogeyman were pretty pointless, quite liked HBK vs Vince, but as you say the way that he pretty much beat off seven guys single handedly was pretty silly.

pinchy81

i've been playing Smackdown vs RAW 08 on the Ps2 a fair bit recently, and will be starting a game as GM of RAW, the progress of which I plan to blog on the internet somewhere, if I post the reports of each live event I do in here would anyone be interested in reading it? if so then let me know and i'll put a copy in here reflecting the events, matches and storylines from each show...let me know..........
i would

Barney Rubble

International Coach

Haha, yeah, that sounds good. I like GM mode, there's a hell of a lot of ways they could make it better (or maybe the PSP version is just a bit limited, I dunno), but it's fun.

The main thing above all else that annoys me is that it doesn't let you make a title match unless a particular guy is "in contention" for that title. Really gets on my ****, if you're trying to deliberately put the title on one guy to create a good feud then you can't without raising his place in the Power 25 to a certain level first.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, yeah, that sounds good. I like GM mode, there's a hell of a lot of ways they could make it better (or maybe the PSP version is just a bit limited, I dunno), but it's fun.

The main thing above all else that annoys me is that it doesn't let you make a title match unless a particular guy is "in contention" for that title. Really gets on my ****, if you're trying to deliberately put the title on one guy to create a good feud then you can't without raising his place in the Power 25 to a certain level first.
yeah that can be annoying as well, but at the same time in real life title contenders are often built up over a few weeks before they get a title shot, even if its just dominating the jobbers on the brand.

my main gripe is the injuries, so i turned fatigue off, otherwise you have to rest someone every 3 weeks and risk their popularity going down drastically.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
yeah that can be annoying as well, but at the same time in real life title contenders are often built up over a few weeks before they get a title shot, even if its just dominating the jobbers on the brand.

my main gripe is the injuries, so i turned fatigue off, otherwise you have to rest someone every 3 weeks and risk their popularity going down drastically.
Yeah, I guess you're right there. Another thing I wish they would do is allow slightly bigger rosters. 20 being the maximum means it's often difficult to fill a Heat card and a Raw card at the same time. There's always loads of guys available on frees anyway, so they might as well expand the maximum to 24 or 25, it's not like they need to expand the number of characters in the game. As it is now, if you have a 6-man tag match anywhere on your card, you're gonna end up with Snitsky vs Jillian Hall as the main event of Heat, or something like that.

pinchy81

i hate it when you preset a card and theres always at least 1 male V female matches

and yeah they really need to up the amount of people allowed on your rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.