• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJellett

International Debutant
Yeah, seeing as the ECW belt has mid-card status these days I very much doubt the Rumble winner would go after it. Besides, I'm looking forward to either Punk vs Benjamin or Punk vs Chavo at 'Mania for it, both of those would be excellent.

Someone mentioned the possibility of Batista winning the Rumble - if that happened I may actually cry. I think it's very unlikely though - HHH will want to be high on the card at 'Mania, and there's a reason he didn't beat Jeff at Armageddon. He wants his title shot at WM24 and not at the Rumble.

If we assume 'Taker vs Edge is a given thanks to the great buildup and history behind it, then we've got Orton vs A.N. Face Challenger as the other main event. If Batista were to challenge for the WWE belt he'd have to switch brands, which I can't see happening just yet unless someone moves over from Raw. HHH won't be in the Rumble which means if he's gonna be in the WM main event he's gonna have to win the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, which I'd expect to happen. Whoever wins, HHH vs HBK vs Jeff Hardy vs Umaga vs JBL vs Chris Jericho in an Elimination Chamber to be an AWESOME match for NWO.
Batista to swith in the same way Edge went to SmackDown?

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Well Dylan and I were chatting about the winner of the rumble. We also talked about Wrestlemania and we came up with these conclusions.

At the Rumble, Jimmy Wang Yang lap dances Vince and gets put in the WHC match instead of Rey. He then bribes Edge with his favourite Cow. Edge lies down in the match and we have a new World Champion. Then in the rumble match Shannon Moore comes in at number 27, and hits everyone with a powerbomb and wins.

At No Way Out, Daivari is the shock entry in to the Elimination Chamber. He wins it and challenges Orton at 'Mania. Orton gets so scared his skin falls off. Daivari makes a special hat for the occasion.

Here is the final card for WM24.

Mark Henry vs Big Daddy V, Special guest ref. Shelton Benjamen.
- Winner gets to shave Shelton's head. Loser is Matt Striker's bitch for a week.

Pillow Fight In A Cell - Sting vs Maria
- Sting comes to RAW the week of Maria's Playboy unveiling, to say he is pissed off that Playboy didn't pick him to pose so he challenges Maria for WM.

Golf Club On A Pole Match - Tiger Woods vs Vijay Singh

Inter-Promotional Suck-Off Challenge - Candice Michelle and HBK vs Torrie Wilson and Edge

Verbal Debate - Umaga vs Great Khali
- Guest commentary from Ron Simmons and Masked Kane

Give Me Some Attention Championship - Paris Hilton vs Britney Spears

How Big Is Your Ego Match - HHH vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

CricketWeb Grudge Match - Richard vs Tooextracool

Digimon Challenge - Yugi Moto and Joey Wheeler vs Ash Ketchum and Brock

ECW Championship - CM Punk vs Scooter the Happy Pony

CricketWeb Grudge Match - 33/3from3.3 vs AussieDominance

World Heavyweight Championship - Jimmy Wang Yang vs Shannon Moore

WWE Championship - Daivari wearing a hat vs Randy Orton's skeleton

Best Wrestlemania card ever? Yes, yes it is.

Somebody write up some results.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
er...hmmm, one of those things that probably sounded better in your head than it did out loud.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Why don't we stick to real wrestling from now on?

On a more real note, I'm quite happy that Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore finally seem to be getting something to do. Both are extremely talented wrestlers who were great assets to WCW before the WWE decided to make sure they didn't make anything of themselves. Yang would make a fantastic Cruiserweight Champion with a better gimmick, and I can see Moore making a successful team, or perhaps even the beginnings of a stable, with CM Punk in future, given their similar appearances and attitudes.

I look forward to Moore Wang (as they should definitely be known) winning the Tag Titles on tomorrow night's ECW, as I expect to happen - then we'll get a good feud with the Edgeheads after that I'd expect.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Why don't we stick to real wrestling from now on?

On a more real note, I'm quite happy that Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore finally seem to be getting something to do. Both are extremely talented wrestlers who were great assets to WCW before the WWE decided to make sure they didn't make anything of themselves. Yang would make a fantastic Cruiserweight Champion with a better gimmick, and I can see Moore making a successful team, or perhaps even the beginnings of a stable, with CM Punk in future, given their similar appearances and attitudes.

I look forward to Moore Wang (as they should definitely be known) winning the Tag Titles on tomorrow night's ECW, as I expect to happen - then we'll get a good feud with the Edgeheads after that I'd expect.
yes agree with all of that, jimmy wang yang is awesome, but his gimmick has to be one of the worst ever, shannon moore similarly has been handled awfully by the wwe after being awesome in WCW, (I assume you have watched the WCW Starcade ladder match on the DVD rubble? awesome I'm sure you'll agree).

On the Subject of cruiserwights, when is Helms due back, I know he had a pretty serious injury, but he's been gone for nearly a year now.

Its a shame the tag team division is pretty much ignored nowadays, although tbh the titles dont seem to be that important anymore, apart from the WWE title perhaps, but yet the brand split is still persisted with for some reason, really wish they would scrap that tbh, was meant to happen about 2 years ago as well, but here we are, and the wwe is probably at its lowest point in more than a decade.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
yes agree with all of that, jimmy wang yang is awesome, but his gimmick has to be one of the worst ever, shannon moore similarly has been handled awfully by the wwe after being awesome in WCW, (I assume you have watched the WCW Starcade ladder match on the DVD rubble? awesome I'm sure you'll agree).

On the Subject of cruiserwights, when is Helms due back, I know he had a pretty serious injury, but he's been gone for nearly a year now.

Its a shame the tag team division is pretty much ignored nowadays, although tbh the titles dont seem to be that important anymore, apart from the WWE title perhaps, but yet the brand split is still persisted with for some reason, really wish they would scrap that tbh, was meant to happen about 2 years ago as well, but here we are, and the wwe is probably at its lowest point in more than a decade.
Yep, seen that WCW Ladder Match, was brilliant. Moore's skin-the-cat Hurricanrana to end the match is just phenomenal. Plus Jamie Noble did a Tombstone Piledriver, which was an amusing shot at WWF at the time.

Helms isn't due back for a while yet, last I heard he still had nerve trouble making it difficult to even play videogames let alone wrestle. That was about two months ago though, so given that he said he was making progress, I'd say we can probably expect him back sometime soon after WrestleMania perhaps.

As for the brand split, 3 brands means 3 TV deals with 3 different networks, which means more money for Vince. More titles also means more replica belts sold, more title holders means more guys getting over and more PPV buys, and all this means more money for Vince. Sadly it means a rapid decline in product quality - let's hope TNA don't waste their momentum and can actually push WWE in the coming years into doing some creative stuff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yep, seen that WCW Ladder Match, was brilliant. Moore's skin-the-cat Hurricanrana to end the match is just phenomenal. Plus Jamie Noble did a Tombstone Piledriver, which was an amusing shot at WWF at the time.

Helms isn't due back for a while yet, last I heard he still had nerve trouble making it difficult to even play videogames let alone wrestle. That was about two months ago though, so given that he said he was making progress, I'd say we can probably expect him back sometime soon after WrestleMania perhaps.

As for the brand split, 3 brands means 3 TV deals with 3 different networks, which means more money for Vince. More titles also means more replica belts sold, more title holders means more guys getting over and more PPV buys, and all this means more money for Vince. Sadly it means a rapid decline in product quality - let's hope TNA don't waste their momentum and can actually push WWE in the coming years into doing some creative stuff.
the replica belts are pretty cool tbh, but they are sooooo expensive, I remember a mate of mine had one, was cool, but what do you use it for? and it weighed an absolute tonne, you'd be surprised how heavy they actually are, I struggled to lift the damn thing (this was about 5 years ago mind).

DJellett

International Debutant

Bwahahaha Moore Wang!!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
not sure if I read wwe.com correctly but it seems foley will be in the RR this year, which is quite decent news, shame he doest have a chance in hell of winning it, bad news however is that hornswoggle is in it, complete waste of an entry really.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
not sure if I read wwe.com correctly but it seems foley will be in the RR this year, which is quite decent news, shame he doest have a chance in hell of winning it, bad news however is that hornswoggle is in it, complete waste of an entry really.
Yeah, Foley is in there. Nice little surprise, will be good to see him actually do a bit of wrestling. Expect Hornswoggle's entry to be part of the obligatory comedy skit that usually occurs partway through. He'll come in, one of the big guys will come over and try and throw him out and he'll run around a bit and make people laugh.

We've already got a pretty good idea who's gonna be in the Rumble, give or take - I'd expect the list of 30 to look something like this:

The Undertaker
Batista
Umaga
Snitsky
Hardcore Holly
Mick Foley
Hornswoggle
John Morrison
The Miz
Chris Jericho
Kane
MVP
Bobby Lashley
Mr. Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Trevor Murdoch
Finlay
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Big Daddy V
Kenny Dykstra
Jamie Noble
Chuck Palumbo
Drew McIntyre
Ric Flair
Shelton Benjamin
Tommy Dreamer
Santino Marella
Carlito
Brian Kendrick

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Oh, and Jeff Hardy's Whisper In The Wind off the TOP OF THE CAGE last night was incredible. I was hoping for a Swanton, but WITW looked better 'cause he jumped above the height of the cage. Amazing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Foley is in there. Nice little surprise, will be good to see him actually do a bit of wrestling. Expect Hornswoggle's entry to be part of the obligatory comedy skit that usually occurs partway through. He'll come in, one of the big guys will come over and try and throw him out and he'll run around a bit and make people laugh.

We've already got a pretty good idea who's gonna be in the Rumble, give or take - I'd expect the list of 30 to look something like this:

The Undertaker
Batista
Umaga
Snitsky
Hardcore Holly
Mick Foley
Hornswoggle
John Morrison
The Miz
Chris Jericho
Kane
MVP
Bobby Lashley
Mr. Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Trevor Murdoch
Finlay
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Big Daddy V
Kenny Dykstra
Jamie Noble
Chuck Palumbo
Drew McIntyre
Ric Flair
Shelton Benjamin
Tommy Dreamer
Santino Marella
Carlito
Brian Kendrick
Jericho wont be in it as he's facing JBL, which is lame, lame lame lame.

Majin

International Debutant
Oh, and Jeff Hardy's Whisper In The Wind off the TOP OF THE CAGE last night was incredible. I was hoping for a Swanton, but WITW looked better 'cause he jumped above the height of the cage. Amazing.
Damn straight, I was seriously not expecting that but then saw Umaga standing up so I was all "what" and then he just flipped off like the crazy bastard that he is and I went nuts. Was a pretty damn good show last night, disappointed the Regal/HHH match ended up being first blood though, would have loved to have seen a proper match between those two.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I imagine a rematch is in the pipeline for royal rumble, either that or they will have to rush together a different opponent for him as he isnt in the rumble itself.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
just seen jeff hardys dive off the top of the cage, most awesome thing I have seen in the WWE for ages, great pop as well, best thing about it was the way it looked like he was about to jump onto orton but out of the blue flew back into the ring, fantastic.

DJellett

International Debutant
GRRRRR watching SmackDown ATM, I'm so sick of Chuck Palumbo being a jobber...

Really like his character, think he has a decent gimmick and good charisma, and he's being poorly used as a jobber to Jamie Noble and Kenny Dykstra.

Seriously hope an angle is being worked with the Palumbo/Noble/McCool thing coz if not, it will be a serious waste of a fair talent (Palumbo).

DJellett

International Debutant

The Undertaker
Batista
Umaga
Snitsky
Hardcore Holly
Mick Foley
Hornswoggle
John Morrison
The Miz
Chris Jericho
Kane
MVP
Bobby Lashley
Mr. Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Trevor Murdoch
Finlay
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Big Daddy V
Kenny Dykstra
Jamie Noble
Chuck Palumbo
Drew McIntyre
Ric Flair
Shelton Benjamin
Tommy Dreamer
Santino Marella
Carlito
Brian Kendrick
What happened to Kendrick/London, btw? Fave tag team ever

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
GRRRRR watching SmackDown ATM, I'm so sick of Chuck Palumbo being a jobber...

Really like his character, think he has a decent gimmick and good charisma, and he's being poorly used as a jobber to Jamie Noble and Kenny Dykstra.

Seriously hope an angle is being worked with the Palumbo/Noble/McCool thing coz if not, it will be a serious waste of a fair talent (Palumbo).
in terms of talent:

noble > dykstra > chuck palumbo, and imo the gimmick is pretty terrible, "the man who rides motorcycles that he made himself, all american, no foreign influence", just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.