• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
CHRISTIAN!

THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!

So happy right now, very proud of my boy Christian. If there was ever anyone who deserved to with the World Heavyweight Championship it was Christian. The match was amazing too. So glad the WWE finally decided to give Christian a fair go and put the World Title on him.

So awesome!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Big Del Rio fan, but Christian has waited long enough for his moment. Good luck to him on his title run.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
AWTA

Damn it how good are Americans when they're being patriotic? Wanted to jump off the couch and chant USA when watching Raw last night

And I actually did start shouting Rocky! Couldn't help myself.

Can't wait for Mania 28. The story of Cena trying to hold onto the title should be interesting.

masterblaster

International Captain
Bloody hell! That didn't last long now did it?

Damn WWE can't believe they did this. Stupid booking decision. I can only see one way to justify this and that's a heel turn after all of this leading to a long program that goes into the next PPV and perhaps into Summerslam.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So glad the WWE finally decided to give Christian a fair go and put the World Title on him.
Bloody hell! That didn't last long now did it?

Damn WWE can't believe they did this. Stupid booking decision. I can only see one way to justify this and that's a heel turn after all of this leading to a long program that goes into the next PPV and perhaps into Summerslam.
Lol, read your post after already hearing from a FB status that Christian had lost the title immediately on SD.

masterblaster

International Captain
AWTA

Damn it how good are Americans when they're being patriotic? Wanted to jump off the couch and chant USA when watching Raw last night

And I actually did start shouting Rocky! Couldn't help myself.

Can't wait for Mania 28. The story of Cena trying to hold onto the title should be interesting.
Raw was fun but the patriotism was getting a bit tiresome. Never thought I'd say this but The Rock's opening segment on Raw went on for way too long. The birthday wishes from the celebrities were equally cringeworthy. Otherwise it was a decent show.

masterblaster

International Captain
Lol, read your post after already hearing from a FB status that Christian had lost the title immediately on SD.
It's just so bloody unfair!

Why can't they push the guy as a main eventer? He's got the fan following, he's got the charisma, he's one of the best (if not the best) in ring worker in the entire company.

Just don't know why they don't have the confidence to give him a decent run at the top. He proved he can be a fantastic World Champion in TNA and I'm sure he would've done a great job in the WWE.

Unless they turn him heel against Randy Orton and have him regain the World Title some point, this is just unfair on Christian.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Apparently the internet is still roaring about Christian's loss to Randy Orton on Smackdown. Thousands upon thousands of angry, upset messages and tweets have been directed towads Randy Orton, Joey Styles and the WWE.

#IWantChristian is going nuts on Twitter and there seems to be a major backlash against the title change that happened on Smackdown. Reportedly the WWE are absolutely shocked at the reaction that the title change has received and Christian has a ton of sympathy going for him at the moment which has really increased his popularity even more amongst fans.

It's been an amazing couple of days to say the least regarding the World Title issue. Upon thinking this through further, this could really set up a fantastic program between Christian and Randy Orton. Although you'd be hard pressed not to position Randy Orton as the heel as Christian has clearly come across as the more sympathetic figure in this whole situation.

Although a Christian heel turn leading to a long program between the two wouldn't be such a bad thing either. I'm still really disappointed that Christian couldn't hang onto the World Title for longer but there is still every possibility that he'll still be in the main event picture on the Smackdown side of things.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Randy Orton is so fricken boring.
Everyone is boring in this PG WWE ****. Rocky is the only one who says whatever the **** he wants to say. Randy Orton has been boring since he gave up the Legend Killer gimmick and forgot to smile with a mic in his hand. He was awesome for a while as a face guy when he left Evolution and became champion a long time back.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Christian is a funny ****. Asked Mark Henry if he knew that the title belt was made of gold and not of chocolate when he said he wanted the title.:laugh:

masterblaster

International Captain
Time for an updated avatar mb :)
Done!

The avatar is still there despite him losing the World Title on Smackdown. I tell you what it was harder watching that on Smackdown than reading it. I can only hope that this in some way raises Christian's profile even further and that him and Randy have a great program over the World Title that stretches on for the next few PPV's.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh, can't say I'm too fussed about Christian dropping the title. He was always going to be a transitional champion and I can't see why anyone would think he'd be anything else. Yeah his reign ended a bit earlier than expected, but he's not a great face anyway so I'm not all that fussed.

masterblaster

International Captain
I don't think anyone expected Christian to have a long reign as World Champion but for a guy who's worked so hard for 17 years trying to break the glass ceiling, the moment at Extreme Rules was glorious and what happened on Smackdown was painful.

Fans relate to Christian because he is the journeyman that people want to see succeed. It was just disrespectful to Christian to have the ladder pulled under him so soon and give it to of all people, Randy Orton someone the fans have seen in the main event title picture time and time again.

A World Title win for Christian was a win for the fans. We've felt what he's gone through over the years and he achieved the impossible. Fans have felt that it was just disrespectful of the WWE to make Christian drop the title in just 2 days. People have a definite right to feel that it was a disrespectful move because it was.

John Cena and Randy Orton are huge stars that don't need the World Title to be at the top of the WWE. They've both reached that point. But for someone like Christian who has always been just that one level below, a decent World Title run would've done him wonders. There is still a positive to all of this and I hope that we get a fantastic Randy Orton vs Christian program that takes us through the next few PPV's.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Eh, can't say I'm too fussed about Christian dropping the title. He was always going to be a transitional champion and I can't see why anyone would think he'd be anything else. Yeah his reign ended a bit earlier than expected, but he's not a great face anyway so I'm not all that fussed.
Christian Cage was a great world champ in TNA. He could handle the title reign brilliantly. But it looked to me like it was the start of a new storyline when they gave so much time to get Christian's reactions on camera after the loss and the commentary sounded like it was the beginning of a new storyline as well. Fingers crossed for the next edition of Smackdown and the reign of the Peeps and Edgeheads!

Status
Not open for further replies.