• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
"Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns.

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death."
Sad news, WAG, will really be missed. Thanks for the memories fella. Nice that he got a run with Christian again and a WM world title victory.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, he's gone, future of the WHC will be announced on SD this week. Very emotional segment on RAW as well. Pretty much every member of the locker room including the heels all clapped him off, nice of the E to break kayfabe for it. WAG.

masterblaster

International Captain
Very sad news. I've always been a huge fan of Edge and it'll be really sad to see him go. Having watched his career and known of all his serious injuries, I'm glad he's stepping away in somewhat good health. There is no way he should continue and risk himself further. Congratulations to Edge on an amazing career. He's a future Hall of Fame inductee without question.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hopefully Christian becomes as important as Edge in the WWE now. Deserves a title shot and a title reign after being here for so many years(on and off, but still).

masterblaster

International Captain
What a great Smackdown! The tribute to Edge and his speech were just incredible. He'll be missed that's for sure. The Battle Royal was awesome too.

So happy for my boy Christian! He finally did it! In one of the main event's at Extreme Rules, Christian finally gets a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship! How great would it be for him to win and have Edge come in the middle of the ring and celebrate with him!

Also very cool that Joey Styles is rallying support for Christian and is trying to get ChristianForChamp trending on Twitter. He's doing a pretty good job of it too with Tommy Dreamer, John Morrison and a whole host of other fans and people getting behind the campaign!

Christian for World Heavyweight Champion at Extreme Rules!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Odds on Christian picking the title up at Extreme Rules? Has a decent shout imo. Had Edge not become injured I would say Del Rio was a dead cert for winning it, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE go with a swerve now. In any case, great that they've given him a big confidence boost by putting him in a World Title Match in any case. Ought to be a good one as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"For the benefit of those with flash photography"

:wub: **** I loved E&C

Thanks for the link MB. That was amazing.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently Jericho has gone on record as saying he will be back in the WWE once his committments with dancing with the stars is over. WAG.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
:laugh: @ Val Venis' latest videos aimed at John Morrison and Melina. Sure, I guess they haven't behaved well recently throughout the whole Trish Stratus thing, but seriously now....get off your high horse and stfu you idiot.

Worth tracking the video down if you're up for a laugh though, language warning etc...

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah the ex WWE star complaining about everyone gets tiresome. A shame because I always thought Val was one of the more intelligent guys there. More often than not these guys should just not say anything.

With regards to John Morrison, I think it's clear that R Truth got his spot in the triple threat match at Extreme Rules. John Morrison seems to have a lot of heat on him right now after the way he reportedly was rude to Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 27.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I think that's the case as well. Morrison was really hot a month or so back, and that all seems to have died off now. Shame that Ziggler also seems to have tailed off a bit, hope he can get back on track soon. Nice opportunity for R-Truth though, rubbing shoulders with Cena and the WWE champion should get him some decent exposure, will be interesting to see where they go with it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So what exactly did Morrison say/do?

Seems a shame.

Don't want to tak about Edge, it makes me sad :(

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently was very dismissive of Trish backstage and refused to co-operate with her and the ideas she had for how their match ought to be put together. Gave her the cold shoulder and refused to celebrate with her after the match too. Given that Trish is very popular with the management and is still thought of in very high regard, this looks like a very foolish political move on his part.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Came across some of those old Observer quotes.

"Flair is about to be dropped from the Time Magazine Man of the Century internet balloting where he is currently in second place behind Jesus Christ. More than 20 million people have voted, making it the biggest web poll in history, with Flair getting more than 310,000 votes as of 3/31. Flair is being dropped because Janice Castro, the editor of Time.com, said his showing is due to unfair lobbying from wrestling web sites. Jesus is about to go down as well, as religious organizations have gotten members to flood the ballot box too. Time.com is planning an exit strategy, however with the God of wrestling and the Son of God removed, the big winner in the poll appears to be Adolf Hitler, who would become the front runner" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: April 12, 1999
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
"Hart did this Mexican spot where he faked getting a low blow and started selling his groin. Schiavone said Piper kicked him low. Heenan, who knew the spot, said he didn't think so. Schiavone, when he figured out what the angle was, said only an idiot like Heenan would say that he kicked him in the groin when he didn't." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 15, 1999
Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.