• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:
Arrgh, JBL retains!
I suppose it's because if he doesn't have the title, he goes back to being a mid-card wrestler. Because he has no personality and no one even respects him as a heel.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I've read all the results, and apart from the WWE Championship, I'm quite pleased. Especially about Funaki!!

I saw the Charlie admission/dumping Miss Jackie thing a MILE away. Props to me! :D (I don't predict wrestling all that well... only outcomes of matches)

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Just finished my xams...I m exhausted...Btw Jono,congrats man on 96.50...and what u gonna study at the university...Also Sangrah which side engineering u on?

Back to wrestling...Not interested in spoilers I am...so no Armegaddon for me until they air it two weeks delayed...Aaargh y do they do this...?

Anyway I thought this thread needed a push in another direction...
So I thought abt rating the best wrestling moves and also the worst ones...

For me the best of the best have to be the Sweet-Chin Music,Goldberg Spear,Stone Cold Stunner,Big Show Choke Slam,Undertaker Tombstone,Clothesline from hell,Pedigree,Benoit's German Suplexes...

Well I wouldn't call the following the worst ones but some moves getting the three counts is hard to swallow like
John Cena's FU...Even some Suplexes have better impact...

then there was Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop,I never watched him but if that was his finishing move...that sucked!...

Also the Rock Bottom is good but the people's elbow?Not that great from the great one...

Also sometime back Jericho used running enziguri as a finisher...that too begged for help!

What Say?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Sudeep said:
RKO doesn't seem to be painful-looking IMO.
Same, but I stilll like doing it on class mates.

Batista Bomb is ok...

What about Ric Flair, apart from Sharpshooters?

Oh and Mysterios 619 goes ok too :D

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
I still dont know what Ric Flair does from the top rope...

Every time he climbs up someone brings him down with a powerslam...I m really curious what would be Ric's high flying move...

PommieMacGill

State Regular
I watched a ROH show today and I saw some awesome moves in a 4 way dance match between Danny Maff, Homicide, BJ Whitmer and Colt Cabana. Some of the innovation in the moves they were all hitting was sensational. Danny Maff hit a move called the Burning Hammer which looked awesome!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't you come out here with your over the top, ridiculous championship celebration. In case you forgot, I invented the over the top, championship ridiculous celebrations, bucko! - Kurt Angle

That made me pee myself laughing when watching Smackdown! last week, and brought back so many memories of previous Kurt Angle classics. They should play him as a dorky comedic heel more often, he is god-like in that role :D

Some Kurt classics I ripped off some other site:

"Undertaker, if that is your real name..." - Kurt Angle

"You know... when one speaks your name very fast, it just sounds like just incredible" - Kurt Angle to Justin Credible

"Hey, I drank milk that was a DAY past the expiration date. Now THAT is Extreme!" - Kurt Angle

"Triple H, you may be a great athlete, but in the Olympic Games of life, you don't even qualify"

"Maybe if you spent a little less time crying over spilt milk, and a little more time drinking it like me, you'd finally be a winner" ~ to HHH

"You do NOT boo an Olympic gold medalist! You DO NOT boo an Olympic gold medalist! I'm the best in the world! I came here for YOU! You do not boo me."~Kurt to the audience during his first televised match vs Sean Stasiak

“I just want to say to everyone that, even though I suplexed an eighty-two-year-old pregnant woman, I am still a role model for children, not to mention elderly people as well. At the time, I actually thought it was Mark Henry.”

"It has been brought to my attention that Sunday night, the Royal Rumble at Madison Square Garden, your Olympic hero has just been informed that he has an unnamed opponent in his match. Supposedly, with a man who is going to break my notorious undefeated streak. Now, my concern does not lie with this quote-unquote unnamed man, but that this country would be completely devastated if my streak come to an end."

“Tonight, I have decided to treat all of you, and become the next European champion. Now, I realize we’re down here in Texas, and not a lot of people here know where Europe is…”

"I became the first ever Euro-continental champion in WWF history. Well, besides D-Lo Brown, but he doesn't count." Kurt Angle

Kurt Angle: "And who's the guy that brings happiness and joy to children all over the world every single day?"
Christian: "Kurt Angle."
Kurt Angle: "Exactly."

"Canada is lacking two things. It's true. Don't make me say it again. The first is Olympic Heroes [...] The second thing that Canada is lacking is Memorial Day, which is today by the way, where we in the States celebrate our war heroes by having barbeques . And I realize here in Canada you can't have barbeques because you'd probably be attacked by a moose, or caribou, or even a grizzly." -- Kurt Angle

Spike: "I said, leave my girlfriend alone!!"
Angle: "What is this?? Saved By The Bell??" - Smackdown!, May 24. 2001

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a loud mouth Canadian with long blonde hair who dresses like a rock star....well except for you, you're cool. - Kurt to Y2J about Edge

"I just got pinned by a freakin' 12 year old!" - Kurt Angle, after losing to Rey Mysterio (Smackdown!, 8/8/02)

I'll make that whole childhood burny thing seem like a papercut. - Kurt Angle about Kane

I don't have a problem with gays. In fact, gay people love me. Everybody loves me. I'm freakin adorable.-Kurt Angle

Angle: "I was in the Cub Scouts, the Webelos, Boy Scouts, I did em all."
Austin: "What do you mean you did em all?"

ReallyCrazy

Banned
wrestlers who use steroids

I don't whats been going on in this thread of late but I wanted to make a list of wrestlers and say whether I think they use steroids to bulk up or not (wrestlers are bad role models)

benoit - no
shawn michaels - yes
HHH- yes
scott steiner - yes
undertaker - no
bulldog - yes
bret hart - no
brock lesner - yes
kurt angle - no
chris jerico - yes
rock - yes
hogan - yes
hardcore holly - yes
orton - yes
batista - yes

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
I don't whats been going on in this thread of late but I wanted to make a list of wrestlers and say whether I think they use steroids to bulk up or not (wrestlers are bad role models)

benoit - no
shawn michaels - yes
HHH- yes
scott steiner - yes
undertaker - no
bulldog - yes
bret hart - no
brock lesner - yes
kurt angle - no
chris jerico - yes
rock - yes
hogan - yes
hardcore holly - yes
orton - yes
batista - yes
How did you get this?

ReallyCrazy

Banned
nikhil1772 said:
How did you get this?
Read my post properly. That's my hypothesis.

continuing on:

big show - no
123 kid - no
kane - yes
matt hardy - yes
jeff hardy - no
psyco sid - yes
lex luger - yes
owen hart - no
eddie gurero - no
rey mysterio - no
razor ramon - yes
diesel - no

Last edited:

cricket player

International Debutant
top ten classic matches over the past year's wrestlmania

beniot,triple h,shawn michel, battle for world heavyweight champoinship at wrestlmania.

stone cold steve austin vs shawn michel battle for world heavy weight champoinship at wrestlmania.

triple h vs shawn michel, at wrestlemania

stone cold vs rock at wrestlemania

hady boyz,dudley boys.chrision edge, tables chairs ladders TLC match at wrestlmania.

kurt angel vs chris beniot, at wrestlmania

brock lesnar vs undertaker. at wrestlemania for world heavy weight champoinship

undertaker vs triple h at wrestlmania

legend killer vs man kind at wrestlmania

hulk hogan vs the giant at wrestlmania

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alrighty 2004 is pretty much done and dusted, and the number of surprises sprung on us have been numerous. From JBL, Eddie and Benoit going over as Champions, Kane and Lita getting hitched, Orton getting pushed to the moon and Shelton going over HHH cleanly.

What does 2005 hold for us? Here's some of the stuff I reckon will happen next year:

-JBL will hold on to the belt till Mania and remain one of the most hated and despised heel champions of all time. This reign sets up perfectly the chance for Cena to take the gold at Mania and go over huge.
-Lesnar to return to the WWE
-Regal will turn heel on Eugene
-The WWE back out of their push given to the Arab characters and they start jobbing to all and sundry within a coupole of months.
-Orton will win back the gold
-The cruiserweights such as Akio and London to be neglected throughout the year
-Evolution to break up sometime next year, with Batista and H the main focus, hopefully putting Dave over to the ME scene
-Taker to job to Heidenreich
-Heyman hopefully becoming more involved with either show
-One or more of RVD,Eddie,Rey,Benoit or Jericho to turn heel and hopefully get back into the title scenes.
-The Rock to come around Mania time to job to another up and comer.
-Edge to win the Heavywight title and job to H at some point
-HBK to return, go over someone and then proceed to getting injured. Hopefully he can move to SD and feud with Angle while they still have the chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
duffer said:
-JBL will hold on to the belt till Mania and remain one of the most hated and despised heel champions of all time. This reign sets up perfectly the chance for Cena to take the gold at Mania and go over huge.
Agree
duffer said:
-Lesnar to return to the WWE
It will eventually happen, but Triple H has been SLAUGHTERING Brock on talk shows lately.
duffer said:
-Regal will turn heel on Eugene
Probably. Pointless though, despite Regal being kick ass.
duffer said:
-The WWE back out of their push given to the Arab characters and they start jobbing to all and sundry within a coupole of months.
Possibly, but the guy held his own on the mic against Foley which is huge. Add to that he has a killer image and apparently can do it in the ring from all OVW reports. If they had brains they'd kill this anti-American crap, and push him normally.
duffer said:
--Orton will win back the gold
Given
duffer said:
-The cruiserweights such as Akio and London to be neglected throughout the year
:( I can see Akio being fired soon.
duffer said:
-Evolution to break up sometime next year, with Batista and H the main focus, hopefully putting Dave over to the ME scene
Yes, hopefully at NYR in the Elimination Chamber.
duffer said:
-Taker to job to Heidenreich
This will be the greatest travesty ever. If Undertaker loses his first WM matc to Heidenreich, ending the streak, I'll break my TV.
duffer said:
-Heyman hopefully becoming more involved with either show
They'll keep taking him off the creative team, and whenever SD starts sucking again they'll keep hiring him back. The circle will continue until Heyman leaves.
duffer said:
-One or more of RVD,Eddie,Rey,Benoit or Jericho to turn heel and hopefully get back into the title scenes.
Kind of wishful thinking. :( I really can't see them pushing RVD ever. Seriously he's been mega over for 3 years now. They haven't done it. Crystal clear that they will never do it.
duffer said:
-The Rock to come around Mania time to job to another up and comer.
Hopefully. :cool:
duffer said:
-Edge to win the Heavywight title and job to H at some point
I hope for half of that to happen. :happy:
duffer said:
-HBK to return, go over someone and then proceed to getting injured. Hopefully he can move to SD and feud with Angle while they still have the chance.
Yes, the devil himself. :p

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nikhil1772 said:
Just finished my xams...I m exhausted...Btw Jono,congrats man on 96.50...and what u gonna study at the university...Also Sangrah which side engineering u on?
Thanks a lot. :) Aiming to do a Commerce/Law double degree.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
duffer said:
Would the WWE be able to make Rey a heel? I just can't see the crowd ever turning on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.