• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
*quickly scrolls past SD spoilers*
Phew, made it out alive :p

Can't believe no one here has mentioned Lita's suicide dive to the ouside. She almost pulled a Hayabusa and damn near broke her neck. That was sickening. I had the same reaction when Brock 'hit' the shooting star press at Mania 19. "OH f*ck (s)he's dead".

I'm surprised the WWE took the risk of having the Women's title match main event Raw, but boy did it pay off. They cut the crap, and let both Lita and Trish just do their best in the main event, and they put on one of the best Women's matches in at least 2 years.

Regarding the world title. Yes it does defy all logic, since Triple H should have been champ, but that was the beauty of it. I was just hoping Vince wouldn't hand back Triple H the belt, and that was the tease. Because the rules say Triple H should be champ, but Vince didn't even bother following it. Thus Triple H's anger. I personally believe, it was great booking.

That being said... the WWE can make or break this move, depending on where they go from here. I'm almost 100% certain they've dropped the idea (Thank God) of an Orton vs. Triple H world title match at Mania 21, and are going to go with Batista vs. Trips. Also, after their awesome confrontation on Raw (Well almost awesome, if only Orton could bloody talk on the mic for 5 minutes without stuffing up) I have a feeling Edge vs. Orton may occur at Mania. So with that... Here are my future predictions.

Bischoff will either have a match for the title on Raw, or what I suspect will happen, a match for the title at the Raw only PPV, New Years Resolution. Trips, Benoit, Edge and maybe others will be in the match (Maybe a tourny? We haven't seen one since Survivor Series 98 I believe). Batista will cost Trips the match (because we all know Trips never loses clean ;)) and then at the Rumble they will have their own little confrontation during the Rumble match, eventually leading to their match at Mania. The world title still has me confused, if I had to bet my life, I'd bet it on Edge vs. Orton, but by God do I want an Edge vs. Benoit main event for Mania 21. If that happens, my Mania 21 card will be correct and I will be proven to be the Nostradamus of this era. :cool:

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Jono said:
Regarding the world title. Yes it does defy all logic, since Triple H should have been champ, but that was the beauty of it. I was just hoping Vince wouldn't hand back Triple H the belt, and that was the tease. Because the rules say Triple H should be champ, but Vince didn't even bother following it. Thus Triple H's anger. I personally believe, it was great booking.
Triple H's character has been developed in such a way that even without the added confusion of the technicality, he would still get ultra-mad. I think it was just unnecessary, this move. More so because it practically robbed Jericho out of a go at the title.

These four weeks were supposed to be Guest GM weeks, however the intervention of Vince in the last two makes me wonder why WWE went ahead with the Guest thingy. It's purely an example of WWE not thinking over there future storylines in depth.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Triple H's character has been developed in such a way that even without the added confusion of the technicality, he would still get ultra-mad. I think it was just unnecessary, this move. More so because it practically robbed Jericho out of a go at the title.

These four weeks were supposed to be Guest GM weeks, however the intervention of Vince in the last two makes me wonder why WWE went ahead with the Guest thingy. It's purely an example of WWE not thinking over there future storylines in depth.
I'll still say the WWE have done this well. I can't see your logic here Sudeep, if the WWE didn't go down the road they did, they would've NOT achieved as many objectives as they are now.

By Taking the World Title off Triple H:

1. The WWE is providing a 'fresh' look to its audience with Triple H without the belt.

2. Triple H's character progresses even further, steaming and seething away.

3. Batista and Triple H's feud goes UP many notches, as you'll see after Triple H and Batista's backstage altercation.

4. Eric Bischoff has SOMETHING to do next week when he comes back.

5. You put all the attention on the World Heavyweight Championship and wet the fans' appetite with a countless number of potential contenders.

6. Get the attention off Randy Orton

7. Edge's character progresses, with the title vacated, he becomes even MORE frustrated.

8. The WWE goes by its own motto 'Screw The Rules' by 'vacating' the title and gives WWE TV an air of unpredictability rather than the same old predictable garbage we've been used to after the 1999/2000 Attitude Era died.

9. Add another layer to a 'face' Vince McMahon's character. Tell the WWE audience, the power does not belong to any GM but all the power belongs to the WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon.

The way I see it is, this so called 'illogical' angle of vacating the title provided many more options and opportunities for future angles than it did if Triple H were to keep the belt.

Hope I'm making sense

:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sudeep, if the WWE have a tourny going into New Years Resolution, all will make sense then ;) Plus the most important thing is, Edge's character can still prosper. If he lost the belt clean, his frustration angle couldn't be pursued as well. If he won, well that kills the angle. This is absolutely perfect. He was screwed at Taboo Tuesday, he was screwed in the battle royal, he was screwed in his very first title match.

I like it :)

Sudeep

International Captain
Jono said:
Sudeep, if the WWE have a tourny going into New Years Resolution, all will make sense then ;) Plus the most important thing is, Edge's character can still prosper. If he lost the belt clean, his frustration angle couldn't be pursued as well. If he won, well that kills the angle. This is absolutely perfect. He was screwed at Taboo Tuesday, he was screwed in the battle royal, he was screwed in his very first title match.

I like it :)
Yes, I was thinking about it today. I came up with alternative, which if opted, would have achieved all the required outcomes. Instead of discarding Triple H from the battle royal, it should have gone ahead as planned, and then it should have been a first ever triple battle royal tie - Triple H, Edge and Benoit. :-O That way, on RAW is Jericho we could have Triple H demanding his championship since it was a tie, Edge and Benoit demanding it to be theirs, since no one clearly won, and Jericho because well, it was supposed to be his show. Would have opened up a myriad of possibilities for an awesome RAW. Four contenders, all needed to be pleased in one night, what to do? Much more exciting I'd have found it...

Sudeep

International Captain
Another spot-on comment from the keyboard of Mr. Scacia...
Instead of having Jericho slip backstage to host limbo contests, book matches for Simon Dean, and sip drinks with umbrellas in them, you should have let Jericho express at least SOME amount of frustration at Vince. You needed to let Jericho vent about how this was supposed to be HIS NIGHT, and now he can't even get his own World Title shot; but nope, instead they make Jericho look perfectly content to be Johnny Midcard on a night that SHOULD have been his. Can anybody defend this? Even a little bit? Note that I will NOT accept, "Well, WWE clearly changed gears since they came up with the Guest GM concept, so this is probably the best they could do."

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so cut that I missed Jericho as GM of Raw!! Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how it all went? Any highlights?

Sudeep

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
I'm so cut that I missed Jericho as GM of Raw!! Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how it all went? Any highlights?
- Vince vacated the World Title, since there was no conclusive winner between Edge and Benoit, although in case of a tied triple threat match, the champion retains. That, needless to say, didn't make Trips happy.
- RAW is Jericho was unfortunately RAW's not Jericho. Jericho had to amuse himself with hosting a Diva Limbo contest, making matches for Simon Dean, forcing Christian to wear a Captain Charisma uniform and initiating what should be a disappointing feud with Mohammed Hassan.
- Maven showed more personality as a heel in one night, than Orton has showed as a face in three months, in a match against Eugene.
- Batista's character reached another level, as a rift between him and Trips seems more than imminent now.
- Lita beat Trish to win the Women's Title in the main event. And as ridiculous as it sounds, it was a match worth the main event.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is the popular tip for the WWE title at Armageddon? Personally I'd like to see Taker win it, but just as long as it isn't JBL I'll be happy.

I think RVD and Rey Mysterio have done themselves a disservice by taking out the Tag Titles before Armageddon; it just leaves the door open for it to be a short reign. It seems to me that if the WWE wanted a big reaction from those two winning the titles, they would have done it at a PPV.

Also, I'm gunning for Funaki to win the Cruiserweight Title! He deserves to win something...

masterblaster

International Captain
Well I can safely say that Taker wont win the WWE Title, with the schedule he's on. If he's does then I'll be somewhat surprised.

For me, Booker T is the hot favourite to win. He's never won the WWE Title before and I believe he will come out on top.

I'll be surprised if Undertaker wins. Its out of Eddie Guerrero and Booker T with Booker T being favourite.

masterblaster

International Captain
Basically he's banged up, mostly injured and has a lot of niggles. He's on a part time schedule with the WWE which means he appears very rarely for just one segment basically, doesn't have any matches on Smackdown or WWE house shows.

That's not the right schedule for a WWE Champion in my opinion. If Taker wins the WWE Title it'll be most probably be because the WWE want to eventually get the title to someone like Kurt Angle, but since Kurt is injured as well I doubt this will happen and Taker's chances of winning the WWE Title diminish further.

Thats why Eddie or Booker T to win is more favourable as they are in peak physical condition as well and their pretty popular as well.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Give it back to Eddie. The Book man might get one run at it before he retires but Eddie deserves it more. He's been jobbing to crap for so long and is still getting way bigger pops than anyone except Taker and Cena.

I'd mark out if Eddie got it and then got to feud with someone decent for a change. Nowadays I can't be arsed watching Smackdown! unless it seems like an awesome show in the spoilers, if Eddie was back as the star I'd at least make sure I taped it every week.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very solid SD this week.

First off... GOOOOOOOOO FUNAKI! Smackdown's #1 announcer finally gets a match on PPV. I always mark out for Funaki when I see him live. Back in 2002 when he came to Singapore (when I was living there at the time) and in 2004 when he came to Melbourne, I cheered him non-stop. :cool:

I'd love Booker to win it, and Eddie to turn heel. Since its damn obvious they're going to push Cena as the number 1 face in the next 12 months, I really think Eddie can take over SD and be the number 1 heel within that time. I remember the mini-feud between heel Cena and face Eddie for the US title being very entertaining (I still remember Cena FUing Eddie on the wheel).

However, I'm very pessimistic. I thought Booker was going to take the title at Survivor Series, but once JBL cut that promo saying if he lost he'd leave SD, I knew Booker would lose. Now, I either see Taker or JBL walking out. I'd love for it to be either Eddie or Booker, but I just don't see it happening. If JBL retains at Armageddon, he'll retain till Mania. If Undertaker wins (which I think may happen, since he's been the key focus of this 4 way feud), he'll probably drop it to Angle, or go to Mania with the belt. If the WWE have realised that as cool and funny as JBL may be, he does not draw and has been a failure to replace Brock Lesnar as their #1 heel on SD, they'll have him drop the gold. But if they still have faith in their decision, they'll have him retain.

I'll go into Survivor Series unsure, waiting eagerly for that match.

Regarding the tag title match, what the hell are they thinking? Don't get me wrong, the tag title match on SD was great, and RVD & Rey have spiced up an almost dead tag division, however why did they have them win the belts on SD. I don't mind the title change per se, what I don't like is that one of the matches I'm paying for at Armageddon is the exact same one I just saw a couple of days earlier. =-/ Well I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that they have something planned, but if Rey and RVD win clean, that would be some really shoddy booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.