• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

King Pietersen

International Captain
My ratings:

AJ/Shane: 4
KO/Jericho: 3.75
RAW Tag: 4 - boosted by the Hardy pop and I'm a sucker for a ladder Swanton
RAW Women - 3
Marriage - 2
Bray/Orton - 1 - dull
HHH/Seth - 3.5
Brock/Goldberg - 4
Smackdown Women - 2
Taker/Reigns - 3 - boosted by the finish, actual match was a botch/spear-fest

Also, why the **** is Mojo winning the Andre Battle Royal? Strowman and Big Show should have cleaned house and had a showdown at the end, with Strowman winning it. Mojo's ****ing terrible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
On balance I thought this was a good show, especially the first half. The first 3 hours had me thinking that it could be an ATG event, but in the back of my mind I suspected I, and the live crowd, would get burned out, and that is pretty much exactly what happened. The second half wasn't bad at all I didn't think, but I was just feeling kind of worn out by then.

The lowest points were the Bray/Orton match and the SD women's match I thought. Bray/Orton was a bit of a slog, and imo the wrong guy went over. Plus all that **** involving the maggots in the ring etc. was just lame. SD women's match suffered from the crowd really not giving a ****, and the whole thing being a cluster****. Nice moment for Naomi to get the win though.

Otherwise I thought pretty much every match delivered within the boundaries of what could have reasonably been expected from it. I enjoyed more or less every match on the card, and even though I cbf by the time it came to the main event I didn't hate it.

Niall

International Coach
Cruiserweight match 4/5

Highly enjoyable opener.

Andre The Giant Match 0/5

A shambles, Strowman buried, all for the sake of been "unpredictable" and some cheap PR for some NFL twit. Get into the sea.

Corbin v Ambrose 1.5/5

Wrong winner and meh match,

AJ/Shane 4/5

Really fun match, Shane always goes hard when when you consider his stature he really doesn't need to. Ideally should have been later on the card, would have woken up the crowd who were getting tired towards the end.

KO v jericho 3.5/5

Enjoyable match, right winner if a little predictable.

Raw Tag Match 4/5

Great to see the hardys back, this was so much more than a cheap pop as the hardys are still a massive deal. Crowd adored it also.

Raw Ladies 3.5/5

Bailey winning the title here for the first time should have been the call, would have elevated which was a solid if slightly underwhelming match. Still as I said previously, only a few years ago the idea of rating diva matches that high would be a laughable. Its a great era for the ladies.

Marriage 2,5/5

The Miz was gun, while Maryse worked the crowd superbly, the rest was at best meh,

Bray/Orton 1/5

Really dull hokey match, Couldn't recommend to anyone.

HHH/Seth 2/5

Nowhere near as offensively dull as Orton, but underwhelmed slightly. Steph was MVP of the night. Its a match where many people expected interference and on reflection, Joe and Finn getting involved would have helped and picked up the crowd who were lagging now and were not that involved in this match.

Brock/Lesnar 4/5

Booked perfectly and highly enjoyable.

Smackdown girls.2/5

Rushed which wasn't really the girls fault, but short and Naomi rocked it.

Taker/Reigns 1,5/5

Dire match with not that much heat, Taker should not be wrestling in 2017, its that simple. The ending was nice, but I was knackered and the match was so bad, I just didn't have the good will that others did towards it.

The show had its moments, but ultimately it peaked at the hardy boys and their is nothing afterwards I could recommend bar the Lesnar match. It was also bar the pre- show an incredibly predictable card which didn't help either.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think KO/Jericho would have benefited from opening up, or at least going on before AJ's match. Props to those two though, on a night filled with so many big spots, many of them not really needed, KO getting a single finger onto the rope put just about everything except Jeff Hardy into the shade

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada in Jan, the reports were that WWE creative were determined to put on a 6* classic, technical masterclass main event at Wrestlemania this year. That certainly didnt happen

Athlai

Not Terrible
So Lesnar is probably going to get a #1 contender tonight, Balor vs. Reigns again? I'd be keen. Maybe involve Strowman if you want to keep those two a little more protected and to save the 1v1 rematch for a later date.

Athlai

Not Terrible
After Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada in Jan, the reports were that WWE creative were determined to put on a 6* classic, technical masterclass main event at Wrestlemania this year. That certainly didnt happen
Taker vs. Reigns could probably have been a real show if we had Taker of 5 years ago. The other possible main events were always doomed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh and anyone who posted in the wrestling thread circa 08-09 (probably just Sledger tbf) will know what I think of Jeff Hardy, and Matt to an extent, so to say I'm chuffed with that is an understatement

Niall

International Coach
There is heels who would kill for this Roman heat who tbf is working the crowd perfectly, genuinely would not be shocked if he was loving this deep down:laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
So presumably Club will move to Smackdown in the shakeup and the new top heel tag team will be The Revival. Thats pretty cool. Wouldn't mind a reunited Club vs. reunited Wyatts angle later on in the Smackdown year, maybe with Bo taking Harper's spot in the family. Would like Harper to have a serious chance at going as a singles man. Also reckon Bo deserves better and bringing him into the family will go a long way into making both himself and Bray more interesting.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On balance I thought this was a good show, especially the first half. The first 3 hours had me thinking that it could be an ATG event, but in the back of my mind I suspected I, and the live crowd, would get burned out, and that is pretty much exactly what happened. The second half wasn't bad at all I didn't think, but I was just feeling kind of worn out by then.
Yeah, think you nailed it with this. Came in here to post exactly that.

I enjoyed the show but 5-6 hours is to much for me. Looking forward to tonight and tomorrow to see what direction they're taking the two brands.