• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

masterblaster

International Captain
I can't believe that's Undertaker in that photo! Man he looks really old and not very healthy there. His whole entire look has changed. It's to be expected I suppose with age, but a bald Undertaker is not something I'd though I'd ever see. Hope his health is alright.

So excited for MITB tomorrow. Here are my quick predictions for the show:

WWE Championship Match - John Cena vs CM Punk: CM Punk wins

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Randy Orton vs Christian: Christian wins

Raw MITB Match: Alberto Del Rio wins

Smackdown MITB Match: Sheamus wins

Mark Henry vs Big Show: Mark Henry wins

WWE Divas Championship Match - Kelly Kelly vs Brie Bella: Kelly Kelly wins

Enjoy the show guys. It should be an absolute classic!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should be a good show. MITB is always a good match, and enough said about Cena V Punk

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Grrr. I've got an early start at hospital tomorrow. Will be V+ recording Money in the Bank though and watching perhaps on Monday morning or afternoon when I get home. Really had heart set on watching it live but I don't think that will be wise because I got a full week of chemo ahead of me. Cannot bloody wait for it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good luck at the hospital mate - hopefully the show puts a smile on your face

I'm watching tomorrow night

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Good luck at the hospital mate - hopefully the show puts a smile on your face

I'm watching tomorrow night
It is my final full week, which I'm happy about. My cycle is Monday-Friday, then the next Monday and then the Monday after that. During the full week is 4-5 hour days and the Mondays are only 30 minutes so the full weeks are the real pain. Got some bloody surgery afterwards though, which sucks major.

It is usually much much easier if I have something to do or look forward to and so the fact that I'm near the end and we have an awesome PPV to look forward to will help me loads.

Majin

International Debutant
That was ****ing incredible, from start to finish, minus smoke break divas match. Easily being slotted into my top 5, possibly top 3 PPV's I've ever seen from the 'E. Amazing. Can't WAIT for RAW oh man xD

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
****ing aiiiii

What an amazing show. Could have had a dud main event and it'd have been a good show.

But the main event? Hard to think of a better WWE match from outside Mania, really. Maybe I need to cool off and re-revaluate, but just wow.

Just shows you that when Vince and co wanna book something special, they just go and ****ing do it. The next few weeks should be epic TV!

And if Cena-haters still say he can't wrestle, seriously, throw your remote control away.

Majin

International Debutant
hahaa i know, i forgot to make that point in my post as well, i was just talkign to my friend who watched the show with me about it, Cena can't wrestle my arse. that whole show was awesome, all the crazy ladder matches and spots and whatever, Mark Henry totally wasting the big shows leg and the airport luggage buggy they used to carry him away was hilarious, Randy Orton losing his mind and totally destroying Christian. All entirely awesome, but the main event by far and away was the best match on the show. Incredible. One of the best ever. I was kind of cynical about the whole leadup with Cena all "people are goign to talk about this match for years", but he proved my miserable ass wrong. Loved the whole thing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't care for Meltzer's star ratings, I have my own system whereby I awarded it a world record 38 stars. Nonetheless, it's a five star match. And it's why I get the ****s with the IWC, because they're giving it ****1/2 and ****. **** right off, what would have made it better? Yeah, exactly.

Cena is the best in the world at what he does. And Punk can say the same. Two absolutely different but amazing guys, given 35 minutes to shine and OWNING it.

I believe they are very close mates in real life and I think that always helps a match like that. ****ing special.

Majin

International Debutant
Oh and another thing, the Chicago crowd were AMAZING. Right from the first match they were so hot, it made the whole thing so much better, the atmosphere was awesome. The main event was one of the craziest crowd performances ever, it was so good. and that random guy with the PONCE sign is my absolute ****ing hero, cracked me up every time I saw it. Ponce is my favourite random insult word, and just to see some random yank with a ponce sign made the whole event for me.

cricman

International 12th Man
John Cena Can't wrestle, a slow stiff is what he is.

If Punk was given a Worthy Adversary, it would have been crazy

The Only thing Cena has is that Grown men don't like him

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
John Cena Can't wrestle, a slow stiff is what he is.

If Punk was given a Worthy Adversary, it would have been crazy

The Only thing Cena has is that Grown men don't like him
Absolute nonsense. Anyone who thinks the quality of Sunday's match was just down to Punk needs to open their other eye.

Cena consistently delivers but because he has a sloppy STF people say he can't wrestle. He's hung with everyone going. Cena very rarely has a bad match on PPV and can take almost anyone to a good match.

People seem to mix up the way he is booked and what he's actually capable of. Absolute joke.

masterblaster

International Captain
What an absolutely fantastic PPV. I absolutely bought this one and watched it live and I can say it was worth every cent. The two MITB matches were off the chart! Nobody has mentioned but Daniel Bryan winning the Smackdown MITB made it worth buying the PPV alone! So proud of Bryan and it's a great moment for him. I hope he's not the first one to lose it and that he'll eventually be a World Heavyweight Champion in WWE.

Alberto Del Rio winning the Raw MITB was a logical choice. It was a rough looking match but had some spectacular spots with Rey getting unmasked towards the end. The Chicago crowd were just hot all night long and were booing Rey Mysterio and cheering The Miz. Unbelievable crowd responses and Rey's unmasking towards the end made this a really entertaining match.

The Randy Orton vs Christian match was terrific and the finish was perfect for the story. Loved the way Christian won by DQ and the way that Randy Orton just went nuts. Brilliant way to add more heat to their story. Can't wait to see where this goes on Smackdown. Congratulations are in order for Christian as he's now a two time World Heavyweight Champion in WWE.

But to cap it all off, what drama, what excitement, what intensity in that epic main event. John Cena and CM Punk should be commended. That match exceeded expectations and the finish was outstanding. CM Punk was over like I've never heard anyone be over. There was only one man Chicago came to see and that was CM Punk. Absolutely brilliant! The right man won and I can't wait to see what happens next. CM Punk fleeing through the Chicago crowd with the WWE Championship while Vince McMahon was left fuming was absolutely brilliant.

Well done WWE. This was one of the very best PPV's in a very long time.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I really enjoyed Raw. Punk and Triple H confrontation at the start of the show was fascinating and a match between the two is now inevitable somewhere down the line.

What I love is that Punk actually is the anti-hero. The Cena fans actually hate him and the Cena haters love him, almost without exception. He is anti-authority, but in a ****y, arrogant way - not in a cool, Randy Orton way.

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
It's said that while WWE fully recognizes how hot CM Punk is right now and realizes his long-term potential, the real focus for the payoff of RAW's top storyline will be putting Triple H over.
What.