• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

masterblaster

International Captain
Enjoyed Smackdown heaps this week. The Christian heel turn was done really well and this continues the hottest angle going on in the WWE at the moment. Christian was already begin to show his smarmy heel characteristics in his opening promo and as a referee in the match between Randy Orton and Sheamus and a heel Christian is just what the story needed.

The Ted DiBiase vs Daniel Bryan match was very good too and a feud between Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan is something I can get behind. Enjoyed Jinder Mahal as well and it seems that he has talent. Putting The Great Khali with Jinder Mahal is a very good idea and gives Khali something constructive to do as well.

Really enjoying the Smackdown side of things now and Raw has been good too with the John Cena and R-Truth feud. It's nice to see WWE trying to put new faces in the main event and freshen things up a little bit.

masterblaster

International Captain
It seems that Mick Foley is done with TNA for now and will not be renewing his contract when it comes up in September. Mick Foley for Anonymous Raw General Manager anyone? It seems like that would be a pretty good way to go if he makes it back to the WWE.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Mick Foley's mic skills are over rated. He is a crazy sob when matches are concerned and takes awesome falls and hits but I hate his mankind/cactus jack/dude love story. Was good in the Rock n Sock connection and in a promo with Edge but thats about it. Don't want to see him back in the wwe unless he is going to wrestle.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Mick Foley's mic skills are over rated. He is a crazy sob when matches are concerned and takes awesome falls and hits but I hate his mankind/cactus jack/dude love story. Was good in the Rock n Sock connection and in a promo with Edge but thats about it. Don't want to see him back in the wwe unless he is going to wrestle.
Are you serious? One of the best talkers of all-time. Understood the psychological side of wrestling more than anyone.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He just sounds stupid on the mic most of the time. A mid carder for most of his career and a main eventer for a few years because of that ridiculous gimmick that a lot of people liked **** knows why. Has some of the most memorable matches ever but I don't like his promos at all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's a difference between 'I don't like' and not being good.

Foley's job was never to be a main eventer. Even when he was, that wasn't his job. He was a kingmaker. Put everyone he faced over in and out of the ring. The intesity of his promos and the pain he was prepared to go through demonstrated how tough his opponents must be to beat him.

Who were the three biggest stars of the Attitude era? Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold. Guess who put them all over?

Stone Cold's first opponent as champ? Dude Love in a couple of absolute wars.

The Rock was made by his wars with Foley.

And Triple H was made by Foley twice, first in his rise to credibility in the summer of 97, and secondly in cementing himself as a bona fide badass in 99-2000.

And if he was just a ****ing midcarder, then why on earth was his first feud in the WWF with THE UNDERTAKER?

Majin

International Debutant
While we're at it, can't stand that **** Shawn Michaels, got over purely on his amusing gammy eye and entertaining theme song, fair dues he was decent on the stick but got by throughout his entire career on a three move moveset, WAC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Foley's job was never to be a main eventer. Even when he was, that wasn't his job. He was a kingmaker. Put everyone he faced over in and out of the ring. The intesity of his promos and the pain he was prepared to go through demonstrated how tough his opponents must be to beat him.

Who were the three biggest stars of the Attitude era? Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold. Guess who put them all over?

And Triple H was made by Foley twice, first in his rise to credibility in the summer of 97, and secondly in cementing himself as a bona fide badass in 99-2000.

And if he was just a ****ing midcarder, then why on earth was his first feud in the WWF with THE UNDERTAKER?
Very good.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Okay. I don't like his WWE character/persona and I think he is ****.

Xuhaib

International Coach
While we're at it, can't stand that **** Shawn Michaels, got over purely on his amusing gammy eye and entertaining theme song, fair dues he was decent on the stick but got by throughout his entire career on a three move moveset, WAC.
isn't thats what most wrestlers are like atleast (WWE/F) You have 3-4 moves that crowd identifies with you rest is generic punching/kicking/bumping/jumping.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting Raw. The whole R Truth thing is quite interesting. The thing which interests me most though is the Ryder Revolution.

Zack Ryder for WWE Champion!

Majin

International Debutant
off topic I know but just dropping a post to say happy birthday to GIMH, aware there's a thread in the other forum but figure it's more appropriate in here seeing as any good birthday will end with him in a Scott Hall state, so yeah. hope you have a good one dude!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just seen this now. Appreciate it hugely. And the Scott Hall thing was spot on. Thanks :)

Majin

International Debutant

"Really?"

"Really?"

"Really?"

"Riley!"

"Randy!"

"RILEY!!"

"RANDY!!!"

My face during this exchange:

"JIMMY! JIMMY!! JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY!!!11!!!1"

me:

Did I mention that I love crazy R-Truth? Because I completely ****ing love crazy R-Truth.