• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep. Was a great segment. Then R-Truth shouted JIMMY and it became the best segment ever.

R-Truth's heel turn been the best thing in WWE this year. Such a surprise. Thought it would be meh. Wonder if they planned him to be right at the top of the card or if they were just impressed with his performances.

Majin

International Debutant
I've always liked R-Truth as a wrestler, but I mean I never really cared much about him when he was a face. He was always a kind of generic good guy to me, and it seemed pretty much like that was all there was to him. Then he went heel and just became a completely insane bastard and I love it. Everything from the way he talks to his body language is hilarious to me, like when he walked down to the ring in that civil war outfit or whatever the hell it was. I guess on that aspect it's kind of a failure because I can't look at him as a bad guy, I want him to win more than I ever have.

Majin

International Debutant
Wouldn't go anywhere near that far but it was highly entertaining. Gonna miss Punk for sure when he leaves, hope he doesn't stay away too long.

masterblaster

International Captain
How in the hell did CM Punk get away with saying all of that? Unbelievable promo on Raw. Really looking forward to seeing where this is going.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have been reading he's been going for months tbf. Where did you get the info that makes you certain?

The only reason I doubted it was because of this angle he's been doing, have to wonder what their aim is?

Interesting stuff anyway. Love that WWE have removed him from wwe.com and put up statements about it etc. Really isn't too hard for them to get people to believe when they want to.

Majin

International Debutant
Well actually yeah, I haven't read anything that confirms he is definitely going on reflection. I just read the spoilers for next weeks RAW, and at the time thought it pretty much confirmed he was going, but now I'm not so sure. It would be an amazing bit of bluff if they had done all this just for him to re-sign after MitB xD

Won't give any spoilers about RAW next week though obv. But yeah It doesn't actually confirm Punk is leaving, just confirms something else. Kind of. IDK it's weird to try and talk about it without spoiling anything xD will talk about it next week I guess.

masterblaster

International Captain
TNA Destination X was absolutely fantastic! Best TNA PPV since a long, long time. Quite possibly TNA's PPV of the year as well.

Oh and it's about time Austin Aries was signed to a major wrestling company. The man has too much talent and too much charisma to be wasting away in the independents. Fantastic to see him finally get his opportunity with a major wrestling company.

Definitely a PPV to check out if you haven't already. Now with Destination X being over, really looking forward to WWE Money In The Bank next week. Great effort by both promotions to come up with two really compelling PPV's this month.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I am certainly watching Money in the Bank live. Definitely looking forward to checking out Raw tomorrow morning as well.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah definitely. So looking forward to MITB next week. The story of it possibly being CM Punk's last match for the WWE Championship in his home town against John Cena, Randy Orton vs Christian and the two MITB matches. It's going to be a fantastic PPV.

But believe me, you would want to check out TNA Destination X if you haven't already. I've hated TNA's direction over the past year or so but this PPV was just amazing. If you're a wrestling fan, you'll definitely want to check this one out. Great effort by the entire X Division roster and a great effort by TNA in general.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah definitely. So looking forward to MITB next week. The story of it possibly being CM Punk's last match for the WWE Championship in his home town against John Cena, Randy Orton vs Christian and the two MITB matches. It's going to be a fantastic PPV.
Punk Vs Cena is gonna be one of the hottest, most anticipated main events in a long time. It'll be fascinating to see how it plays out.

But believe me, you would want to check out TNA Destination X if you haven't already. I've hated TNA's direction over the past year or so but this PPV was just amazing. If you're a wrestling fan, you'll definitely want to check this one out. Great effort by the entire X Division roster and a great effort by TNA in general.
Just checked out Styles Vs Daniels. AJ Styles definitely has my favourite entrance in the whole of wrestling and of course, the match was top notch. The music, the fireworks, the fans chanting his name, it all works very well. I so want to see AJ in WWE, but it simply will never happen as long as TNA is a company. I expect the contract match will be fairly entertaining too so I'll give that one a look too.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Properly epic ending to Raw.

EDIT: I am looking forward to the main event of Money in the Bank so much right now. This match is going to be quite simply off the chain in terms of fan reaction, anticipation and the finish. The Raw MITB winner has a very large chance of cashing in during the night, so that is going to be quite the match to watch. Not a big Mysterio fan, so will not want to see him take the title away from Punk at the last minute. Wouldn't mind seeing Alberto Del Rio or The Miz do it though. And then there is R Truth, will this be his time to culminate his rather entertaining push.

Last edited: