• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
AEW really needs to get a handle on things tbh. They have cooled off massively from where they were this time last year. And WWE has improved significantly (all things considered) imo since the ousting of the old man.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
AEW really needs to get a handle on things tbh. They have cooled off massively from where they were this time last year. And WWE has improved significantly (all things considered) imo since the ousting of the old man.
Yeah, they've had some terrible luck with injuries. Punk getting injured (and now suspended as well) immediately after winning the world title, not once but twice is obviously massive. Omega/Cole/Danielson have all been injured, MJF was out for a while and now his big return got overshadowed by backstage stuff.

They've still got a stacked roster, just need to utilise it better.

I've not been watching WWE but I've seen they've been getting a lot of positive buzz since the Vince exit. The one match I did check out was Shaemus/Gunther from the Cardiff show and that was brilliant.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The AEW roster is bloated as all hell and full up with ex-E guys, and like you say they have no idea/plans with what to do with most of them. The All Out card was 14 matches long ffs.

HHH has made loads of minor changes to the WWE product that has already made a major difference imo. People being allowed to say "wrestling" and them actually placing emphasis on the undercard belts are two notable examples.

And yeah that Sheamus match was gun. Sheamus has been the E's MVP since the start of the pandemic imo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Assuming all this White Rabbit stuff is Bray, he really is the master of reinventing himself. While it's easy to say that it'll peak at his entrance and then we will be let down by his relatively average ring work. But hey The Fiend gave us NWO Cena and therefore was ATG gimmick

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That was a really good event, even without the Wyatt return. Most fun I've had watching a WWE show in absolutely ages.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also wtf is going on in AEW atm. I know it happened a week or so ago, but more backstage fights (Andrade this time). Seems like absolute chaos behind the scenes. TK needs to get his house in order.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Basically I think it’s a case of:
1. Andrade wants to get fired.
2. Punk is a ****wit.
3. Tony Khan is a poor people manager.

Since Cody left AEW has been going downhill outside of the BCC and Acclaimed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah agreed, and even BCC have cooled off a lot recently

They've also done a terrible job with Wardlow, who should have been a slam dunk

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Wardlow isn't a main eventer yet and he absolutely should have been. Weird stuff.

Still overall AEW is good, just very noticeable how much its dropped off now that WWE doesn't suck balls anymore

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah along with Sheamus he's been another of the E's MVPs since the start of the pandemic

I imagine the plan is for The Bloodline to face some other team in the War Games match at Survivor Series, and for Sami to lose, leading to them all turning on him and him reuniting with KO to feud with the Usos

quite keen tbh

Niall

International Coach
When does Roman lose the belt? I looked at betting earlier and seen Cody strong fav for the Rumble so I assume he wins that and beats Roman at Mania? Any other contenders?