• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
That Tazz promo/outburst on Dynamite was flippin confusing :wacko::wacko:
I think either CM Punk forget to mention one of the Taz guys at that point, or Taz flubbed a few words and mispoke. CM Punk had earlier that day made an Instagram post poking some slight fun at a FTW hat he apparently found in the gym at the stadium, so Taz saying he had been referring to Team Taz was accurate.
Ah well can't have them all be awesome.

lol at the idea of CM Punk vs HOOK though

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think either CM Punk forget to mention one of the Taz guys at that point, or Taz flubbed a few words and mispoke. CM Punk had earlier that day made an Instagram post poking some slight fun at a FTW hat he apparently found in the gym at the stadium, so Taz saying he had been referring to Team Taz was accurate.
Ah well can't have them all be awesome.

lol at the idea of CM Punk vs HOOK though
CM Punk actually said I did not say anything about Team Tazz when responding to Tazz.. So it seems like that is how it was intended to play out. Not a slam dunk as everything else has been about his return but it had to end somewhere I guess.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also why was Ricky Starks not there? Dude is ****ing going to be a huge star. As good as I think Hobbs is, Starks is the future there.

Shri

Mr. Glass
are wwe trying to get reigns to be rock v2.0

- refers to himself in the 3rd person

- closes his eyes and smells farts in the middle of the ring during promos

- made smackdown relevant like rock did and its beating raw

- rock had nation of domination before his big titles, reigns has the bloodline

- rock had steve austin but reigns has no one. bal headed dude with a goatee is on raw hanging out with a stoner.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
are wwe trying to get reigns to be rock v2.0

- refers to himself in the 3rd person

- closes his eyes and smells farts in the middle of the ring during promos

- made smackdown relevant like rock did and its beating raw

- rock had nation of domination before his big titles, reigns has the bloodline

- rock had steve austin but reigns has no one. bal headed dude with a goatee is on raw hanging out with a stoner.
I don't think they're making him The Rock. The Rock was more coc-ky high school jock whereas Roman is trying to be some sort of mafia don.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Very happy to see Big E won the big one. Absolute legend that bloke is.

While I don't watch WWE anymore, I listen to the New Day podcast everyweek. Just great guys allround. Hope Woods gets his day in the Sun too one day.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also I'd 100% recommend the most recent New Day podcast, they do an episode on mental health which they felt was important to discuss after the recent passing of Daffney. Big E's own story is incredibly harrowing. So glad he is getting the recognition he deserves.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha oh ****, missed Athlai's post earlier, and only just realised the Big E news. Good for him.

Now to wait for all the WWE stans (and people within the WWE itself) trying to tell us all that this has nothing to do with All Out and AEW's recent success in the ratings.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nice touch that they had New Day there to celebrate with him as well.

Sucks for Lashley though. Was finally getting booked like he should have been... years ago. Wouldn't have taken the belt of him for ages, personally.

Niall

International Coach
Nice touch that they had New Day there to celebrate with him as well.

Sucks for Lashley though. Was finally getting booked like he should have been... years ago. Wouldn't have taken the belt of him for ages, personally.
2 dominant heel champions is a little overkill especially when both have had long reigns (badabing).

Lashley is good but looking at the raw ratings with him as champion,, he hasn't proven he can draw money can he?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Lashley is good but looking at the raw ratings with him as champion,, he hasn't proven he can draw money can he?
I think it is hard to be so linear with wrestling ratings, I think people watch or don't watch based on the overall product and I think sometimes improvements take a while to filter through. AEW is hot not because of Omega but just because it is all very new, exciting and generally decent - some of their current ratings will be down to the groundwork laid by Jericho as champion, Darby as TNT Champion, etc.

I've always said that Raw will struggle with a 3 hour format to be engaging because you will require filler and dragged out matches and it is difficult to pace stories with such a format also. I think if Raw and Smackdown went 90 minutes or two hours and they focused on it, they could make it must-watch TV.