• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Clearly lego match was the way to go
Ironically that genuinely would have been more painful/rough/tough to watch than the "explosions" here tbh.

On a serious note though, I think there is a space for AEW to reinvigorate the cage match. It's kind of become very meh over the last few decades, given how the WWE has utilised it, but imo it could be rehabbed to make it a much bigger deal. The Cody one AEW did a while back was really good, and made to feel like a big deal, rather than just a random gimmick thrown in for no point.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ironically that genuinely would have been more painful/rough/tough to watch than the "explosions" here tbh.

On a serious note though, I think there is a space for AEW to reinvigorate the cage match. It's kind of become very meh over the last few decades, given how the WWE has utilised it, but imo it could be rehabbed to make it a much bigger deal. The Cody one AEW did a while back was really good, and made to feel like a big deal, rather than just a random gimmick thrown in for no point.
**** I forgot how good that match was. Debuted Wardlow too.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ddt did a Kid's Room Sauna Count Edition Death Match the other week. it was pretty good. the terrible mv is here:

Athlai

Not Terrible
ddt did a Kid's Room Sauna Count Edition Death Match the other week. it was pretty good. the terrible mv is here:
That was great. Not the mv obviously. What's the score in the bottom right about?

My favourite spot was the kids table being moved forward to the other guys shin. Brutal.

Spikey

you could win if your pinfall attempt count gets to 37, with 37 supposedly sounding like sauna in Japanese. at the time I just thought it was a tiebreaker if it went to a time limit draw

Spikey

Excalibur, fresh from being voted best commentator by WON, is now aiming to win the GIMH vote as well by wearing an Oasis tshirt

1615203141269.png

Aritro

International Regular
Kevin Nash's (now terminated) second career as a Kermit the Frog puppeteer is a bit of a turn up for the book!

1615261971036.png

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you watch it yet?
I have now! I know hardly anything about Japanese wrestling so its always good to get recommended by people who know what's up.

Insane match. An interesting dynamic was created in the first couple of minutes, starting out with lots of mat wrestling & holds due to the ring being surrounded by light tubes. As soon as the first 'throw into the ropes' spot happened things just kept on kicking up several notches from there. Once most of the light poles were destroyed it must have been torturous taking & dishing out all of those suplexes, power slams & rolling around in the broken glass. The superplex from the top of the ladder had me marking out hard. Holy ****.

In amongst all of this there was plenty of crisp wrestling moves to be seen. This was by no means just two guys smashing tubes over each others heads. Amazing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I have now! I know hardly anything about Japanese wrestling so its always good to get recommended by people who know what's up.

Insane match. An interesting dynamic was created in the first couple of minutes, starting out with lots of mat wrestling & holds due to the ring being surrounded by light tubes. As soon as the first 'throw into the ropes' spot happened things just kept on kicking up several notches from there. Once most of the light poles were destroyed it must have been torturous taking & dishing out all of those suplexes, power slams & rolling around in the broken glass. The superplex from the top of the ladder had me marking out hard. Holy ****.

In amongst all of this there was plenty of crisp wrestling moves to be seen. This was by no means just two guys smashing tubes over each others heads. Amazing.
Yeah it was my MOTY for 2018, an absolute classic. Takeda had about 5 of these title defences in a row that were just insane quality. He also held the FREEDOMS world title at the same time, was just wrestling insane deathmatch title defence after another. The other match from the run that I absolutely loved was this one: https://rutube.ru/video/13c87f37a8654e22d4d57c9ca246c9cd/?ref=newsearch

It's a little more brutal just from the nature of the match - no canvas glass board, but it has some insane spots. Definitely a must watch if you enjoyed the Kodaka match.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it was my MOTY for 2018, an absolute classic. Takeda had about 5 of these title defences in a row that were just insane quality. He also held the FREEDOMS world title at the same time, was just wrestling insane deathmatch title defence after another. The other match from the run that I absolutely loved was this one: https://rutube.ru/video/13c87f37a8654e22d4d57c9ca246c9cd/?ref=newsearch

It's a little more brutal just from the nature of the match - no canvas glass board, but it has some insane spots. Definitely a must watch if you enjoyed the Kodaka match.
Yeah bro feel free to send any Japanese wrestling my way. Always wanted to experience more of it but never really knew what to look for. The brutal deathmatch stuff is always great, but not something I enjoy solely of course. I have a strong appreciation for the realism of Japanese wrestling & strong style.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Apollo Crews' new gimmick is a Nigerian character?

You guys tag me when he does the Nigerian scammer heel turn.