• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

MrPrez

International Debutant
Anyway, this is a matter of semantics at this point.

And yes, MJF was ****ing awesome. Huge fan of his - hopefully his wrestling will be able to hold up to his chops on the mic moving forward.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
To each their own I guess but if the fight sucks I find it hard to buy into all the talk before. It's why I can't stand Miz, fine enough promo but I'd rather jump off a bridge than watch him wrestle a match.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, what did he say? I'm in the office right now, I need details!
Just said how the product was terrible basically, how the Baron Corbin angle involving the guy in the dog costume was terrible TV (which it was), and that having blue/red title belts is really dumb (which it is).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Him calling out Seth Rollins as a whining bitch, and saying his social media activity was a total embarrassment was good also. Another thing he was 100% right about.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Got to say. Really marked out for the double 619. A really obvious but yet really great spot. They nearly had me. Nearly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Alright let's list up for wrestlemafia - as devised by sledger who will be the creative force behind this.

Provisional sign ups already:

1. GIMH
2. Uppercut
3. Halsey
4. Daemon
5. NP10
6. Marcuss
7. *****

Please email cricketwebmafia@gmail.com to join properly. We are aiming for 12 players again.

I'd appreciate it if a mod could amend the thread title.
fyi

andmark

International Captain
The comments section for EWrestlingNews's article about ACH saying he's retiring reads like a transcription of reactions to peak Ric Flair. It's great work if it is worked.

Also, why's Vince McMahon trending on Twitter?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/video]

Lashley's facial expressions and just general reactions throughout the whole thing are just so ****ing funny. Really cracks me up

:laugh:

Mike5181

International Captain
Wrestle Kingdom is on today (and tomorrow) if anyone forgot. I expect some fun drunk posting from all of you.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok so, Night 1:

Pre show:

STARDOM Exhibition Tag Team Match 15 minutes Mayu Iwatani & Arisa Hoshiki vs. Hana Kimura & Giulia
I guess it doesn't matter since we can't see it. I guess it could be a time limit draw

Eight Man Tag Team Match 15 minutes Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura vs. Toa Henare, Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks & Alex Coughlin
Makabe probabnly pins someone, but I wouldn't be shocked if Federicks pins someone

Tag Team Match 15 minutes
Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. TenKoji (Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan) Pre-Show Tag Team Match
New Japan Dads! Kojima getting the pin on Nakanishi makes sense, but Tenzan has started getting pinned this year so Nagata might get the pin

The show

Jushin Thunder Liger Retirement Match
Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask IV (with El Samurai) vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi (with Kuniaki Kobayashi)

This is a pretty standard retirement match in Japanese wresting for those that are surprised Liger isn't having a singles match. Liger will probably get the pinfall too. This won't be great, but it's not meant to be. Everyone will do their spots and they'll cry afterwards

Eight Man Tag Team Match
Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & El Desperado)

Everyone knows Suzuki is leaving NJPW. And everyone wants Takagi to be more than the "extra" guy in LIJ. Now that Hiromu is back Takagi can either move on from LIJ, or start really being the 2nd heavyweight in LIJ (but that won't happen because of Sanada). it's just whether they do an angle here or at new year's dash. Honestly I guess when put like that, Takagi could join Suzuki-gun and ZSJ/Taichi kick Suzuki out but I doubt it'll happen like that. But Suzuki is probably being dumped here. Maybe Liger comes back out and helps his old dojo partner in Suzuki

Eight Man Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi) Eight Man Tag Team Match 30
So this is just Kenta/Goto building their match. It's the least noteworthy match. Maybe Shibata comes out. Who knows. Ishii/Takagi should have been a match. oh well.

IWGP Tag Team Championship Match
Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. FinJuice (Juice Robinson & David Finlay) IWGP Tag Team Championship Match

Eh. FinJuice should win, but Juice has a US title match the next night that he'll probably win. So they'll probably lose. Juice might even take the pin if they want to give Tama a singles match. the match will probably be boring

IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Texas Deathmatch

Lance Archer (c) vs. Jon Moxley

I don't like last man standing matches. These guys can probably make it work. It could be really great or really boring. It's probably the most 'interesting' match in that aspect. Mox wins

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi

So this will be match of the night as long as they don't get too cute. should be nuts, Hiromu gets the pin. Ospreay moves up to Heavyweight, Robbie Eagles challenges Hiromu.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match
Jay White (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

So like most people I think it'll Okada/Naito on N2 with Naito finishing his story, but who knows, Gedo has shocked us before. These should be great matches, Bullet Club shenanigans might dampen the IC match but it'll still be good. there's much not to say, they'll be good!

Last edited: