• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also tbf though, entertaining as they are, the fun house vignettes are reaching the end of their shelf life. Now that demon has actually debuted they're actually kind of pointless

MrPrez

International Debutant
If the intention for RAW was to turn Seth heel then I guess it kind of makes sense.

Still bad but I could understand the logic.

If he's meant to be the face though, this is a hilariously bad misfire. Literally burning the best thing they have going to the ground
Spoiler: They won't turn Seth heel.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Also tbf though, entertaining as they are, the fun house vignettes are reaching the end of their shelf life. Now that demon has actually debuted they're actually kind of pointless
Yeah I kind of agree, although I do think that having them in the back pocket as a more occasional thing would have been fine.

The Fun House music still gets a bigger pop than most wrestlers so they certainly could have kept it alive.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Disagree that they’re pointless, but doing them every week absolutely murdered them already. Should have got two of them a month tops.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Disagree that they’re pointless, but doing them every week absolutely murdered them already. Should have got two of them a month tops.
Yeah tbf pointless was the wrong word. There was definitely something to them re: how they helped to make the Fiend appear more creepy and unsettling. But like you say, the overkill kind of just neutered them completely.

Also I find the fact that Seth busted in there and burned the place problematic from a 4th wall perspective as well.

I mean, the vignettes kind of came across as a dream-like thing, that kind of existed outside the scope of reality and so on.

But the fact that Seth broke in and wrecked it all basically acknowledges that the fun house is an actual physical place that Bray Wyatt sets up every week in whatever building RAW is being held in, and films himself shooting a kids' TV show, and we're supposed to believe that nobody thought to question this or get him sectioned or whatever? Nah. Bull****.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best thing they could do is next week have Bray Wyatt do a normal episode with all the puppets in a burned out house.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I see there was also a segment where WWE essentially compares the **** sizes of Lashley and Rusev?

I know there are those who like this as a sort of throwback to the ridiculous stuff of old, but it's just incredibly infantile and cringe at this point imo.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Also, not sure if this thread or the gaming thread is better to post this in, but I see people are overwhelming complaining that 2K20 is essentially a patched version of 19, except some stuff looks worse, not better.

Yikes.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I see there was also a segment where WWE essentially compares the **** sizes of Lashley and Rusev?

I know there are those who like this as a sort of throwback to the ridiculous stuff of old, but it's just incredibly infantile and cringe at this point imo.
I thought it was hilarious, but yeah, for all the wrong reasons. It is terrible television.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, not sure if this thread or the gaming thread is better to post this in, but I see people are overwhelming complaining that 2K20 is essentially a patched version of 19, except some stuff looks worse, not better.

Yikes.
All the 2K WWE games are basically patched versions of the previous years' tbh, going all the way back to whenever they brought in the new engine, which was about 2014 iirc.

MrPrez

International Debutant
All the 2K WWE games are basically patched versions of the previous years' tbh, going all the way back to whenever they brought in the new engine, which was about 2014 iirc.
Yeah fair enough; it appears the complaints happen every year, although the added fire seems to be coming from the fact that some stuff looks worse (according to some people).

Also hoping they patch some of the recent stuff before they take it live, such as no more Bryan/Rowan tag team, and Chad Gable having short hair now.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think the Fiend is forming a stable and Rollins is his first minion. That's literally the only way they can salvage this cluster****. That and by making the Fiend and his cohorts the most reprehensible characters seen on WWE TV in twenty years. I mean, if adultery is trending again then why not, right?

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
I think the Fiend is forming a stable and Rollins is his first minion. That's literally the only way they can salvage this cluster****. That and by making the Fiend and his cohorts the most reprehensible characters seen on WWE TV in twenty years. I mean, if adultery is trending again then why not, right?
Not quite sure how you would possibly get that from Rollins burning Bray's house down...

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Well, he's going to goad Rollins on to ever worsening acts of depravity until finally he has been "let in". I believe it's still Wyatt driving this creatively and he fancies himself a storyteller of layers and depth so who knows.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, he's going to goad Rollins on to ever worsening acts of depravity until finally he has been "let in". I believe it's still Wyatt driving this creatively and he fancies himself a storyteller of layers and depth so who knows.
That would be pretty good so I doubt they'll do it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Wait, is Rollins the new Roman?

What's the story with him getting hated on?
Sanctimonious/cringey babyface behavior on social media + generally one-tone matches + ruining the push behind the hottest fan favorite character in years i.e. Wyatt as The Fiend.