• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They were more or less the same as they ever are, lad. (i.e. one or two noteworthy moments interspersed by a barrage of completely skippable content).

MrPrez

International Debutant
They were more or less the same as they ever are, lad. (i.e. one or two noteworthy moments interspersed by a barrage of completely skippable content).
There were actual interesting matches for a change - Owens vs McIntyre, The gauntlet match, the cluster**** of wrestlers in the Raw main event, Ziggler vs Balor - as opposed to regurgitated stuff.

It at least shows promise, and a couple of guys look like they're actually gaining proper heat/pops.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair enough if you enjoyed it, but honestly we've seen this sort of thing over and over again. I am far too jaded from it all to draw any optimism from one week of TV.

They've also totally failed with their handling of McIntyre. Bloke was legit over in NXT, but his entire main roster run has been fail. They keep portraying him as this badass, but all he does is lose.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Fair enough if you enjoyed it, but honestly we've seen this sort of thing over and over again. I am far too jaded from it all to draw any optimism from one week of TV.

They've also totally failed with their handling of McIntyre. Bloke was legit over in NXT, but his entire main roster run has been fail. They keep portraying him as this badass, but all he does is lose.
Yeah McIntyre has been completely ruined. Looked like he'd finally get his run post-Wrestlemania the way they began talking him up - but being Shane's lackey has neutered him down again.

I really wanted to see the "Scottish Psycopath" turn on his "friend" Shane McMahon (as true psycopaths would use Shane as a friend just to get what they want) and basically turn the Reigns/McMahon rivalry into a Reigns/McIntyre one. And even if McIntyre lost the rivalry, he could have been given the opportunity to stand toe to toe with "The Guy." As it stands he's just been messed around with a bunch of losses to guys like Cedric Alexander and Owens without being given a chance to actually dominate.

MrPrez

International Debutant
That's fair enough. I'm probably putting too many eggs into the "Heyman is running the show" basket. And I've not been around the sport long enough to get truly jaded.

A lot of cool newish stuff seems to be happening now, but knowing WWE they may all just be ruined - The OC, Owens face, The Fiend etc.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
By the sounds of things Heyman and Bischoff aren't really running the shows at all, and their role is primarily to liaise with the TV networks. Which would make sense, given that the shows have been very samey for... a long time now.

MrPrez

International Debutant
By the sounds of things Heyman and Bischoff aren't really running the shows at all, and their role is primarily to liaise with the TV networks. Which would make sense, given that the shows have been very samey for... a long time now.
Heard that was somewhat the case with Bischoff; less so with Heyman. Although Bischoff was "recruiting" for Smackdown at the Raw reunion show so there's at least meant to be the perception that he's involved in a more direct way.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ok so stopping short of Prez level praise, I will admit I quite enjoyed the two WWE weeklies this week. Particularly enjoyed Dolph Ziggler doing the Goldberg entrance. Shame he'll get totally buried when they have their match.

That said, the business involving Seth Rollins was ****ing lols. I guess they want him to come across as a sympathetic protagonist, but he comes across to me as a snivelling loser. Really hope Brock beats the tar out of him at Summerslam.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah sorry, I kind of meant "shame for him", in a sarcastic sense. I don't think that tone really came out in my post haha.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have absolutely no desire to see Goldberg "wrestle" anything other than a 3 min match ftr, especially given how that match in Saudi went

I don't feel so bad laughing at it now, post event

but having thought more about it, at the time it was pretty scary

at least 2-3 occasions where he and Taker probably came within a few inches of maiming/killing each other

Agent TBY

International Captain
My G1 so far

Best match: Goto vs White
Best performers: Moxley/Ishii? Maybe? Don't really have a clear standout
Surprise package: Juice
The G in G1 stands for Go Home: Cobb, Fale
Think Takagi secured the top two categories with the match against Naito for mine.

Also greatly enjoyed Okada vs EVIL. The final stretch being so hot showed what you can do when you don't have the ****ing Skull End as a finisher.

andmark

International Captain
Zack Sabre Jr is better on the microphone than I remember. This leftist gimmick he has looks quite good.