• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rollins has been embarrassing himself on social media again. He has drastically fallen in my estimation over the last couple of weeks.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Some strange comments about Moxley again. Accusing him of trying to take "food (i.e. money) off his table". Coveniently ignoring the fact that Mox leaving and going elsewhere is precisely why WWE stars are now being paid more, not less. Moron.

andmark

International Captain
Not to sound like a libertarian or anything but, to state the obvious, it's business. Moxley can go work where ever he wants in such an environment.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah Rollins is just a prat.

The meme doing the rounds of DX/the Kliq hugging whilst he stands there looking sad is great.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Wyatt vs Balor at Summerslam is such a weird one.

Either Balor goes as the demon, and one of the two gimmicks takes an unnecessary loss, or Balor goes as Balor, and he just loses - which is something he isn't in a great position to take - especially after randomly losing the title to Shinsuke.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How is Balor taking a loss a big deal? Hardly like he is doing anything. He can come back after his holiday in 3 or so months and maybe have a slightly altered character. Dudes been treading water for ages.

MrPrez

International Debutant
How is Balor taking a loss a big deal? Hardly like he is doing anything. He can come back after his holiday in 3 or so months and maybe have a slightly altered character. Dudes been treading water for ages.
Yeah that's a fair point, I think the problem for me is that they're not turning him around right now.

I was hoping that Balor was going to get a bit of a rework since they took the title away from him so randomly - but it seems they're intent of having him just take float around as a random upper mid-card.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, they've somehow taken him from being extraordinary to extra-ordinary

Athlai

Not Terrible
I like Balor a lot and I'm pretty sure they're not going to ruin the Demon thing. But killing Balor the man to continue the rebuild of Wyatt is fine IMO.

I'd like to see a heel Rock n Rolla Balor join the Club tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Balor losing is absolutely the right call. Jobbing to a guy who is mega over is far better than beating losers is nothing programmes.

The demon gimmick is crap anyway imo. There's nothing remotely sinister or mysterious about it. It's just Balor with paint. The way the E have tried to make it into a second persona for him is just idiotic and makes no sense. Just have him do what he did in New Japan ffs and treat it as special attire for big matches.

The time off will do him good anyway, he's stale af and badly needs some time away from the fans so that he can come back and (hopefully) show some real personality. Happy smiley Balor sucks.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Jimmy Uso busted for a DUI. WAC.

Not a good look for the E, especially after they joked about his previous arrests on RAW.

andmark

International Captain
Interesting video which some of you would like. I hope he does more videos about that period of wrestling.

Agent TBY

International Captain
The west's obsession with the "King's Road style" always makes me cringe because it all stems from a horrific mistranslation of the word 王道, which does say "king's road" when you take each kanji literally, but really only means "traditional" in actual usage. So basically, 王道プロレス was just used as a term to contrast Inoki's growing Strong Style booking (which is also heavily misrepresented, but that's a different topic altogether) and the shenanigans involving Abdullah the Butcher and Tiger Jeet Singh in the 80s with wrestling that focused on clean finishes instead of countouts, interference, and DQs.

It's like saying RoH pioneered the Good Ol' Wrassling Style in the 00s and doing thirty-minute video essays on the topic. It's so stupid.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The west's obsession with the "King's Road style" always makes me cringe because it all stems from a horrific mistranslation of the word 王道, which does say "king's road" when you take each kanji literally, but really only means "traditional" in actual usage. So basically, 王道プロレス was just used as a term to contrast Inoki's growing Strong Style booking (which is also heavily misrepresented, but that's a different topic altogether) and the shenanigans involving Abdullah the Butcher and Tiger Jeet Singh in the 80s with wrestling that focused on clean finishes instead of countouts, interference, and DQs.

It's like saying RoH pioneered the Good Ol' Wrassling Style in the 00s and doing thirty-minute video essays on the topic. It's so stupid.
Except that AJPW did more **** finishes than anyone in that time.

Inoki's NJPW was great, and people only **** on it because Meltzer and other wrestling galaxy-brains say it's bad. They've never even tried to watch it. Fujita, Murakami, Fujinami, Maeda etc all GOATs.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Except that AJPW did more **** finishes than anyone in that time.
That's what I meant by "shenanigans involving Abdullah the Butcher and Tiger Jeet Singh," though there was obviously more to it than those two. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I meant the shift that began towards the tail end of Tenryu's run.