• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just looking through the list and Jericho is the only one to actually have completed both iterations of the Grand Slam in full (WWE Title, World Heavyweight Title, World Tag Team, RAW Tag Team, Intercontinental, US, European and Hardcore). All the others missed the odd defunct title on the way, not Y2J. WAG.

indiaholic

International Captain
Am I being stupid if I felt the first twenty minutes of Okada-Omega were boring? Just asking because of all the 6* hype around it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be a great match without the buildup.

But imo, something like Taker vs HBK I still tops it because of that very same reason. That match built up superbly but still had several amazing little bursts of action throughout the whole thing. Might have to rewatch Okada-Omega though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, without taking a few moments to lay the foundations for a match you can't get the psycology going, which means that whatever follows won't have as much impact.

Still agree that Taker vs HBK from WM25 is better though. Best match ever for mine, but one that would be lost on anyone who wasn't aware of the context etc...

indiaholic

International Captain
I did watch it twice because I felt I missed what elevated it from what i felt was a clear match of the year contender to the GOAT. I even enjoyed Naito/Tana a bit more...

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah, without taking a few moments to lay the foundations for a match you can't get the psycology going, which means that whatever follows won't have as much impact.

Still agree that Taker vs HBK from WM25 is better though. Best match ever for mine, but one that would be lost on anyone who wasn't aware of the context etc...
I agree and I am not against slow build ups but it didn't do much for me in this particular case..

Mind boggling that a farce like pro-wrestling can attract more than 10,000 posts on an Internet forum. And this is the 2nd thread on the topic too which really makes you shake your head in disbelief. The world is made up of all sorts though I suppose. :huh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mind boggling that a farce like pro-wrestling can attract more than 10,000 posts on an Internet forum. And this is the 2nd thread on the topic too which really makes you shake your head in disbelief. The world is made up of all sorts though I suppose. :huh:
You just made the list.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Cheers for your opinion Fred. Now **** off.

Compton

International Debutant
It's starting to look like AJ Styles will be the odd man out this Wrestlemania, which sucks.

He's had far too good a debut year to be stuck without a big match at Wrestlemania.