• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
A Shield Triple Threat at Summerslam with two guys pinning the third and both claiming a championship going into brand split.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A Shield Triple Threat at Summerslam with two guys pinning the third and both claiming a championship going into brand split.
Yeah, could see something like that happening as well tbh.

Bit of a tricky one with what to do with the world title really. I don't like the idea of a floating champion who appears on both brands, because whichever brand the champ happens not to be on for a particular month will (in the absence of some other compelling storyline, and I do not have much confidence in the writers to deliver this) would become much less interesting and important.

However, having two "world" titles also seems dumb, because having two within the same company just makes no sense. Don't like Solomonster's solution of having a "RAW title" and a "Smackdown title" either, because belts that are called that would just look/sound tacky and lame. Tricky one.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, could see something like that happening as well tbh.

Bit of a tricky one with what to do with the world title really. I don't like the idea of a floating champion who appears on both brands, because whichever brand the champ happens not to be on for a particular month will (in the absence of some other compelling storyline, and I do not have much confidence in the writers to deliver this) would become much less interesting and important.

However, having two "world" titles also seems dumb, because having two within the same company just makes no sense. Don't like Solomonster's solution of having a "RAW title" and a "Smackdown title" either, because belts that are called that would just look/sound tacky and lame. Tricky one.
Two world titles was okay for a while when the roster was stacked. Over time the gold belt just became a glorified midcard title. Can't see anything other than that if they go down that route

I've not been following so has there been any indication as to what they will do?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Two world titles was okay for a while when the roster was stacked. Over time the gold belt just became a glorified midcard title. Can't see anything other than that if they go down that route

I've not been following so has there been any indication as to what they will do?
Yeah, I agree. I just think the alternative is pretty bad as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I agree. I just think the alternative is pretty bad as well.
That being said, if they do the split properly then it's probably fine. Previously we constantly wound up with champions crossing over and it made a mockery of it. When you have the draft, exclude champions from it. Protect it and run them as two promotions and maybe it could work? But as I say - not convinced the roster is deep enough for it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently the 'E is getting in contact with a selection of their many, many exes to bring back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently the 'E is getting in contact with a selection of their many, many exes to bring back.
Haha, not sure that bodes well. Most of the guys who no longer work there were cut for a very good reason (i.e. they were crap).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That being said, if they do the split properly then it's probably fine. Previously we constantly wound up with champions crossing over and it made a mockery of it. When you have the draft, exclude champions from it. Protect it and run them as two promotions and maybe it could work? But as I say - not convinced the roster is deep enough for it.
Yeah if they are to do it this absolutely has to happen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

"My first thought in seeing this list of so called greatest catchphrases is apparently how ****** the last decade has been"

:laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

"My first thought in seeing this list of so called greatest catchphrases is apparently how ****** the last decade has been"

:laugh:
Not that it would improve the list a great deal, but I'm surprised there's no Cena or Jericho in there. Both have been, um, fairly prominent over the last ten years.

Edit: Ha, yes, and DB. If anything this is basically just a list of all the catchphrases we've had to endure over the last year. Not the best from the last ten. Stupid.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Speaking of Solomonster, he was speaking about possible opponents for Goldberg a few weeks back, and basically came to the conclusion that the only high-profile match he could think of would be Goldberg vs Reigns.

I emailed him asking why he didn't consider Cena, but he didn't reply.