• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It made sense if they were trying to protect 'The Demon' for main roster stuff. Having Finn lose clean with the paint on a couple of months later though?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
don't have time to write a long post on it, but in hindsight, the title change of the house show was something of a botch. it certainly took some of the story/heat out of this match
That house show got a ton of attention, to the point where they pushed network subscriptions to people wanting to see that match.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That house show got a ton of attention, to the point where they pushed network subscriptions to people wanting to see that match.
Yeah, one rather suspects it was intentionally designed this way. Could quite conceivably be a trial run for them trying something similar with the main roster. In any case, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more of this sort of thing in the future.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If American Alpha dropped the titles because they were being called up, I really think they should have kept the belts to begin with and pulled double duty for a little while. They really needed a couple of defences imo.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Also this week's LU was pretty good.

Seriously, **** you guys. If not for this thread I never would have started watching pro wrestling again, and I'd be studying for an exam ffs.

Spikey

i've acquired 700gb of wrestling in basically a year. it's very concerning. i kept stopping this job application to watch stuff

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Solid RAW. The Cena/AJ contract signing and the Ambrose Asylum were really good. Shame about the ****** crowd though, those segments deserved better.

duffer

Look's like they want two brand specific PPV's each month once the brand extension starts. Oh god, imagine how watered down they could be.

duffer

I mean it was bad enough when they had alternate months for each show, but both every month?

Spikey

you're just making raw and smackdown even more skippable unless you make the ppvs like 90 minutes long or something

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The only thing that could possibly save this is if Smackdown going live will generate more interest and hype in the product. It's a move that should definitely help dispel the perception that Smackdown is the "B Show", to some extent at least. But I doubt it'll be enough to justify two PPV events each month. It'll also require loads of call ups from NXT to make it even remotely feasible imo, which makes me worry about what kind of state NXT will be left in.

In any event, I imagine it's a decision that's been made as part of a drive to get more live events on the Network. The more unique/original/live content they can get on there the more there will be a demand for it. I can see the rationale behind it. This move would never make any sense if we were still in the days of TV and traditional PPV carriers, but I can see it working now there's ********* etc... I mean, there's no way back in the day I would fork out for 2 PPVs a month, but 2 PPVs for the price of a monthly network subscription is pretty appealing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, anyone feeling Dean winning MITB and then cashing in later on during the match between Reigns and Rollins? Setting up a Shield triple threat for Summerslam?

Doubt it will happen tbh, as I can't see them taking the belt off Roman, but the segment at the end of RAW made me wonder.

Perhaps more likely Roman retains somewhat questionably, Rollins demands a rematch on RAW, Dean comes out, and the whole thing goes on from there.

Last edited: