• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kobashi's up there but I've got to put misawa ahead. So ****ing intense and multi-faceted despite the blank facial expressions, not sure I've seen anyone take more of them crazy high-angle bumps. Even if it did kill him in the end.
Always struggle to separate the two. And Kawada.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought it was disgraceful when I heard the comment but I'm guessing (or hoping) Charlotte/Naitch green lighted it before they went ahead with it.

More disappointed they had to go that low though. How much are they paying their writing staff if this is the best they can do? Might as well get Dan to submit a resume with links to this thread.

Niall

International Coach
Thought it was disgraceful when I heard the comment but I'm guessing (or hoping) Charlotte/Naitch green lighted it before they went ahead with it.

More disappointed they had to go that low though. How much are they paying their writing staff if this is the best they can do? Might as well get Dan to submit a resume with links to this thread.
Charlotte has nothing to her bar her family so I can see why they are reaching when it comes to stuff like this. Its classless of course, but heh not the first time and won't be the last. I doubt Ric or Charlotte were to pleased with the comments, but Ric probably seen the bigger picture at least. The angle needed some heat to it, even it was cheap as hell, and Charlotte desperately needs something for people to get behind her. If the match has heat on Sunday and its the start of Charlotte getting over as a face, then I suppose greater good etc.

No clue why it was the go home segment for Survivor Series though, should have Roman v Cesaro even if the outcome like all the knock out matches was depressingly obvious.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Charlotte has nothing to her bar her family so I can see why they are reaching when it comes to stuff like this. Its classless of course, but heh not the first time and won't be the last. I doubt Ric or Charlotte were to pleased with the comments, but Ric probably seen the bigger picture at least. The angle needed some heat to it, even it was cheap as hell, and Charlotte desperately needs something for people to get behind her. If the match has heat on Sunday and its the start of Charlotte getting over as a face, then I suppose greater good etc.

No clue why it was the go home segment for Survivor Series though, should have Roman v Cesaro even if the outcome like all the knock out matches was depressingly obvious.
I too thought this was strange. But I guess it's cool seeing the women get to close out a show. Or at least it would have been had the execution of the idea not been...grim.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, you get your biggest star and what should be the biggest draw to close a Raw before a PPV should be always be the choice. I stand corrected if Charlotte brings in a boom era though.:D

Anyway don't think has been discussed, Sabrina the teenage witch calling out Kevin Owens. Probably a work, but just think its awesome that MJH is such a smark.:laugh:

Do not test Kevin Owens, Melissa Joan Hart - Cageside Seats

Teja.

Global Moderator
The matches were very good objectively but were hurt by everyone and their dog knowing who's winning all of them. It was hard to suspend disbelief at all the near falls and cool submission spots in the Cesaro v. Reigns match when I knew there was no way in hell Cesaro's going over Reigns clean at this point.

I'm all for women closing out RAWs occasionally but that was really lazy and dire stuff from creative. It'd be great if they just got Sasha into the title scene and had her feud with one of Natalya/Paige/Becky btu I think they're saving the big Sasha PPV win till WM.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are people actually suggesting this?
Not here but I've seen it elsewhere. It's a more general point though that it seems to me people use the "It could be a work" thing to defend lots of stupid stuff from WWE.

It's so bad to use it without consulting Ric first though. Especially since everyone knows how badly Ric took Reid's death. He had a public breakdown a few years ago where he reduced himself to tears talking about his death.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ric Flair Says The Controversial Raw Ending Made Him Cry, That He Wasn't Approached About It, More - WrestlingInc.com

Oh but I guess we're just being worked aren't we? 8-)

Even if, by chance it's all just a work and Ric and Charlotte are in on it, it still doesn't make it ok. Imo. This is all just completely unnecessary and they're probably desperate to create some controversy to get some eyes back onthem.
Wow, just wow. I assumed they(Ric and Charlotte) would've been consulted about it. Wow.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Wow, just wow. I assumed they(Ric and Charlotte) would've been consulted about it. Wow.
According to Solo, Flair said that Charlotte was consulted but is too young in the roster to say no and Flair wasn't and is hurt but doesn't want to rip into WWE after the fact because he doesn't want to hurt Charlotte's push.

It's an absolutely disgusting scenario. The sort of stuff which makes me wonder why I still watch this company's product.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah definitely changes my opinion about it.

I didn't mind the initial mention of Reid because It seemed genuine and I know HHH has been really trying to get that real emotion out of the girls. But to use it without asking the Flair family? That's terrible form. I mean Ffs really?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Boring NXT.

Nia Jax has her best match yet. Still meh.
Probably the most boring JJ and Gable match to date. Alright.
Evil Emma is Bae and has a sick finisher but a glorified squash. Meh.
The Mechanics squash had a sorta cool finish but it was boring. Wish these guys would start to get some more character outside their ring presence.
Bayley Bliss was okay but a disappointment.

And Eva Marie? Looked like a deer in headlights, I know that was some nuclear heat but come on. Think on your feet FFS.

Hopefully the next taping delivers.