• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else think that turning Roman now and getting him mega over as a heel could possibly make a face turn more palatable later and make him a legit top face?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How incredible is the Hogan leaked WCW contract that is online from 1998?

Among a **** load of other beneficial provisions and payment clauses, he got 25% of Nitro and Thunder takings when he appeared on that show. That is a **** load.

He must have made so much money from his stint there.

duffer

Hulk Hogan, born Terry Gene Bollea, is an American actor but more known as a professional wrestler. He has a net worth of $8M, despite being one of the most famous World Wrestling Federation (WWF) wrestlers, says Celebrity Net Worth .Apr 11, 2015

The **** did he do with it all?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How incredible is the Hogan leaked WCW contract that is online from 1998?

Among a **** load of other beneficial provisions and payment clauses, he got 25% of Nitro and Thunder takings when he appeared on that show. That is a **** load.

He must have made so much money from his stint there.
It's remarkable really. Must surely be pretty much the most lucrative ever pro-wrestling contract in terms of amount earned for the amount of work done. It's absolutely crazy.

Like Solomonster said, I don't begrudge Hogan in the slightest for signing a deal like that. Whoever was stupid enough to offer it to him deserved all they got.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hulk Hogan, born Terry Gene Bollea, is an American actor but more known as a professional wrestler. He has a net worth of $8M, despite being one of the most famous World Wrestling Federation (WWF) wrestlers, says Celebrity Net Worth .Apr 11, 2015

The **** did he do with it all?
Divorce settlement basically shafted him apparently. My heart bleeds/get the little violins out.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anyone else think that turning Roman now and getting him mega over as a heel could possibly make a face turn more palatable later and make him a legit top face?
I definitely think so. I'm worried though that they're already referencing the fact some people will always hate him, yet he will remain a paragon of virtue etc. which is the same stichk Cena has been doing for years and has to be the most stale and lazy character build in history. It's a surefire way to make people get bored of a perfectly good worker.

I'd make Roman go corporate champion and have a prolonged feud with Ambrose as the chaotic hell raising babyface.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Solomonster made a great point about there being no need for Reigns to go "corporate" since that means more Authority promos and god knows we ****ing don't want those. If you want Reigns to go heel, just let his cheat or do something slimy to win the title. He pretends to still be the virtuous hero and celebrates like a babyface but when Ambrose confronts him, goes nuts, turns on him and seals the heel turn. Please, just **** the Authority.

harsh.ag

Only Reigns would probably be terrible as a solo heel, because he cuts bad promos and his game is all about the power game, which doesn't work that well as a heel. Think it might be best to send him the 'lying cheating stealin' route. Ambrose to be the Benoit to his Eddie.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Only Reigns would probably be terrible as a solo heel, because he cuts bad promos and his game is all about the power game, which doesn't work that well as a heel. Think it might be best to send him the 'lying cheating stealin' route. Ambrose to be the Benoit to his Eddie.
wat

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I see what you're getting at, but I think it'd be disingenuous to say he has never been positioned as a monster heel.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In fact your post appears to imply you think monster heels as a concept don't really work, which I would also suggest is not really true.

harsh.ag

In fact your post appears to imply you think monster heels as a concept don't really work, which I would also suggest is not really true.
Not really saying that. Kane and Undertaker have worked pretty well as monster heels. But there has to be a concept of wanting "the easy way out", so to speak, that should work with the character. Doesn't work with guys like Stone Cold, Brock, and (I'm conjecturing won't with) Reigns.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Judgment Day 2002

Nashville, Tenn

Eddie Guerrero (C) vs. Rob Van Dam for the Intercontinental title Another solid match between these guys, repeated a lot of spots from the Backlash match though that's expected considering how many reversals these guys do and both guys have the same finisher too. Eddie cheats again with a roll up using the ropes for support to retain the title. Solid stuff, decent opener, hurt by essentially seeing the same match a month ago. 11:00.

Eddie Guerrero wins via pinfall - 6/10

Trish Stratus (w/ Bubba Ray Dudley) vs. Stacy Keibler (w/ D-Von Dudley & Batista) for the Woman's Title : Absolute cluster**** of a match. Laughable. It's funny how far we've come now that Sasha has put on 2 MOTY candidates in 2015. lol @ Batista being D-Von's muscle. 3 minute match sees interference from everyone possible before Trish ends the suffering with a bulldog.

Trish Stratus wins via pinfall - 0.5/10

Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman v. The Hardy Boyz Lesnar squashes both Hardys, Heyman provides comedy gold. JR calls Heyman a 'human urinal' among other hilarious things. Heyman begs Lesnar to be the one to pin after the F5, almost falls over in excitement trying to get into the ring and looks like a man who's just won a 30 minute war after the successful pin. Match puts over Lesnar well though there was no need for more of the same post Backlash and Heyman is geniunely a funny guy when he wants to be. 4:46

Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman wins via pinfall - 3.5/10

Stone Cold Steve Austin v. Ric Flair & Big Show: JR while the Big Show strolls to the ring: Some say that this giant not only has the strength of a government mule but also the intelligence." Big Show gets on the ring and glares at JR. This is easily the best sequence in the match. The match is good when Austin and Flair are in the ring. They do a great chop exchange with the crowd alternating between what? and whooooo. Austin applies the figure four on flair, X-Pac comes in, because it totally makes sense that X-Pac would be the difference maker for team flair. Austin predictably stuns everyone and wins in 15:35. Too long for what was essentially a match to draw a few pops with no real story told and an ending everybody could predict.

Stone Cold wins via pinfall - 3/10

Edge v. Kurt Angle in a Hair v. Hair match: I feared these guys would do most of the same stuff they did in Backlash but they have a completely different and special match. Angle starts in suplex city mode. Edge hits the edgecution for a near fall, DDT for a nearfall, ref bump, Edge tries spear no. 1 and hits the referee instead, Spear no. 2 hits Angle but the ref is down, Spear No.3 is reversed by Angle into an Angle slam spot but Edge reverses and connects with Spear No. 4. Surely this is it, NOOO, Angle kicks out and ANGLE HITS SPEAR NO. 5 ON EDGE. This is awesome. Edge kicks out at 2.9. Angle applies the angle lock which edge reverses into a small package for victory at the 15:30 mark. Very, very fun match, more of a finisher fest and probably not as good as their backlash match but great stuff nevertheless. The sneaky finish suited the match condition too. Angle looked MAD haha.

Edge wins via pinfall - 7.5/10

Triple H v. Jericho - Hell in a Cell: I'll start off with a disclaimer that I'm a complete mark for violent hell in a cell matches. This match borrowed a lot from previous HIAC matches in an obvious way, most blatant one being Jericho attacking the ref leading to the door opening leading to Jericho going outside which is the exact spot used in HBK v. Taker in '97 but I thought they put on a hell of a match here. It was an all out war and my fears that Jericho would be HHH's bitch were not justified as Jericho actually dominated a fair part of the match. Not much in the way of actual wrestling after the first few minutes and every possible weapon, ladder, chair, sledge hammer, barbed wire was used but they were used really well. The best sequence of the match was when Jericho hits HHH right in the face with a brutal shot but the ref is out so Jeircho ****ing stomps the ref's face in shouting "You cost me the match, you fool" A+ stuff. The ref is bleeding more than either man at this point. The sequence at the end on the top of the cell was A-class too. I thought it was an excellently worked match, I've heard others say otherwise but I loved it. I thought it was certainly better than the two HIAC matches we saw this year. Jericho should've won though considering HHH won WM 18. 24:31 - didn't feel like it.

Triple H wins via pinfall - 8.5/10

Billy & Chuck v. Rikishi & Rico for the tag team titles: If you wanted the worst phase for the division in the WWE, look no further than this and backlash, both title matches combined lasted about 6 minutes. **** match which Rikishi ends in 3 minutes with the stinkface.

Rikishi & Rico win via pinfall - 0.5/10

Undertaker v. Hulk Hogan for the WWE Title: Joke of a match, Taker was good in parts and tried but Hogan cbf selling anything including the above hilarious chokeslam. Random Vince Interference and unnecessary chair shot in a non-intense match to add to the direness of it all. Taker ends the match with a second, slightly better chokeslam at 11:00. I give it one star more than deserved purely for getting the title away from horrible hulk hogan.

Undertaker wins via pinfall - 1.5/10

Overall, this PPV wasn't helped by three matches being rematches of Backlash and ****ty tag team and Hogan matches to finish both shows. The HIAC match was quality and the two big rematches did deliver, though were slightly worse than their Backlash counterparts. I rate this PPV more because the **** matches didn't take up all of the real estate on the card like Backlash, 6/10 sounds fair.

Last edited: