• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm wondering if I can be bothered to stay up and watch Summerslam live on Sunday. I have all of next week off, so I could easily do it. But at the same time there's not really anything on the card that particularly interests me, so not sure I cbf.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will it though? I mean, it's clearly not going to be ****e, but to me it's not a "must see" by any stretch. I suspect the rest of the card will be decent as well, but I could take or leave nearly all of it.

Anyway, I'm probably just being grouchy, I'm sure I will watch it and enjoy it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Having said that, it is interesting that Taker is being positioned as the heel here. Crowd booed him pretty heavily on RAW.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taker-Brock is gonna be awesome
I'm really excited for it. Just hope that, as I said before, they do a brutal fight and not a straight wrestling match.

Pretty smart to book Undertaker as a heel too, I must say. Face vs face here would such as any one of them winning would be pretty pointless. Making taker heel preserves Brock 's overness and opens up the possibility that even if Taker wins it leads somewhere... Maybe a final match at WM with undertaker' s career at stake.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought the Rollins-Cena contract signing was pretty good but still not hyped for this. Nothing on the card is particularly exciting and it's going to go for four hours. Not a good combination.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I can't see a clean win for either party tbh. I imagine what we'll get (and I would be fine with this), is some sort of interference finish that will set up either Taker or Brock with their opponent for WM.

Having said that, I don't anticipate a clean finish in the Rollins/Cena match either, and I doubt they will have two non-finishes in both matches.

Last edited:

duffer

Having said that, it is interesting that Taker is being positioned as the heel here. Crowd booed him pretty heavily on RAW.
The were in Brock's backyard though. Interesting to see how the Brooklyn crowd place them (ie face or heel).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The were in Brock's backyard though. Interesting to see how the Brooklyn crowd place them (ie face or heel).
Yeah true. I guess the beauty of matches like this is that the heel/face divide doesn't really matter. The draw is the fact that it's two bona fide legends who are hellbent on beating the crap out of each other.

Regardless of what happens though, I really hope we don't see another rematch later down the line, and definitely not at WM. I really really want to see Taker v Cena before it's too late.

duffer

I can't see a clean win for either party tbh. I imagine what we'll get (and I would be fine with this), is some sort of interference finish that will set up either Taker or Brock with their opponent for WM.
I'm thinking Sting would be perfect for this.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I agree.

Or (and I mustn't get my hopes up here) Stone Cold attacking Lesnar and costing him the win...

Both Austin and Sting are going to be in NY for the event too...
Sting to cost the Undertaker, Austin to screw Cena.

WWE's phenom vs WCW's enigma and the face of Attitude vs the face of PG.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha really should not get our hopes up...but how awesome would an Austin screwjob in either big match be...