• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Man the Wyatt family are all surprisingly good. Also weird that Bray is only 28 and related to Bo. Kevin Owens is a pretty impressive specimen. Sorta strange to see Shield broken up. But it's awesome to see they're all getting pushed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Eric Rowan has wrecked his bicep or something and will be out for several months, which rather makes me worried for Luke Harper. One suspects he needs a gimmick change or to be put back with Bray if he's to survive. Hope he sticks around though, reckon he's pretty decent.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Quite a few injuries ATM! Kidd just had neck surgery, Itami is out, Bryan obviously out, one of the Uso's out and now Rowan. Hurting the Tag division most, healthy Kidd/Cesaro, Harper/Rowan and Uso's would make the division a lot stronger.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it was a poorly thought out decision.

Not sure why they bothered at all tbh. I guess they wanted Bray to go out on his own, which is fine, but it was surely obvious that Harper and Rowans would immediately be put in massive danger of being lost in the shuffle. With their current packaging they are just like a watered-down Wyatt with considerably less personality. Rowan in particular is extremely plain. A more obviously midcard guy you'd be hard pressed to find.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Harper's a gun, and was even more gun back in CHIKARA. Not sure how to repackage hm though, tbf.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Keep saying it, but he should have been added to the Authority as their enforcer guy. Would have served the dual purpose of getting him exposure/over, and making sure we didn't have to see Big Show all the bleeding time. Get him off TV already!

I guess they kind of teased going that way by making him a member of their team at Survivor Series, and putting the IC title on him. But everything has just fizzled out massively. Which is of course what happens when you try to push a character who at the time....had more or less no character whatsoever.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And yeah, the guy really is extremely mobile. Just watched a few vids of him in the indies, and you really realise how much the WWE limits the movesets of its workers.

Just saw him do the Falcon Arrow. You never see anyone do that anymore, is it on the banned moves list?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Btw, I know most of you guys (atleast GIMH and andmark) don't like Bray too much, but you have to admit his segments where he freaked out Roman Reigns with photos of him with his daughter were creepy as ****. First time in a while Ive enjoyed his promos.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Btw, I know most of you guys (atleast GIMH and andmark) don't like Bray too much, but you have to admit his segments where he freaked out Roman Reigns with photos of him with his daughter were creepy as ****. First time in a while Ive enjoyed his promos.
Yeah, they were good, but I remained concerned that he's perhaps not really got anything else left up his sleeve. Until he started picking on Reigns' daughter his promos had become really really samey. He'd just come on with the lantern and say the same cryptic stuff in a darkened room every single time. Not sure how they can keep him fresh after the Reigns' daughter stuff is done. What doesn't help things is the fact that he just seems to lose all the time as well.

I quite like the guy, or at least I like what he and his character are supposed to be. I just think the execution has been pants for a while now. As Solomonster has said, he's not so much "the new face of fear", as he is "the new face of failure".

Agent TBY

International Captain
I like Bray, but his booking has just made it impossible to take him seriously anymore.

There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to anything he does, and nothing ever matters in the long run. It's just attack random face -> feud for a while -> win or lose it doesn't matter -> rinse/repeat.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah him attacking and feuding random faces would sort of work if he actually won most of his matches. He just keeps losing or when he wins it's because of some stupid **** like an exploding TV. Would've been cool if he actually won some matches and finished the feud by brainwashing his opponent. Sort of like a cult which keeps growing after each victory of his. Would've played into the worthless Authority storyline well too as they'd be supper creeped out by some lunatic building his own army. They've just dropped the ball on him in a big way.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Luke Harper has NXT main eventer written all over him. Excellent wrestler, unique gimmick, impressive athlete - just like Sami, Tyler, Owens, Joe, Kidd, Neville.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah him attacking and feuding random faces would sort of work if he actually won most of his matches. He just keeps losing or when he wins it's because of some stupid **** like an exploding TV. Would've been cool if he actually won some matches and finished the feud by brainwashing his opponent. Sort of like a cult which keeps growing after each victory of his. Would've played into the worthless Authority storyline well too as they'd be supper creeped out by some lunatic building his own army. They've just dropped the ball on him in a big way.
Ministry of darkness

King Pietersen

International Captain
Don't get muscle-busted kids:

Watching the Triple H Thy Kingdom Come doc. Loving it. Easily my all-time favourite wrestler. Never marked out harder than his return after his quad injury in 2002!