• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
4th game washed out with pak lead by 2/1.

Last game at 9.30 pm today april 24

Pakistan 50/3 >> 193/5 (20 ovs)

(Babar 18, M.Rizwan 62 ball 98 not out, Imad w 14 ball 31 not out, Ifthikar 36)

(Tickner 3 wkts)

Nz 73/4>> 197/4 ( 19.2)( Neesham 25 ball 45 not out & MOTM & POTS Hongkong born Mark Chapman 57 ball 104 not out ( S.Afridi 4/0/45/2, Imad w 4/0/21/2)

Series ends Draw 2/2 ( one match no result)

5 ODI NEXT

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
There's always been this kind of sentiment here - a desire to get him more top level cricket - but I always thought it was silly and that his level was basically 'mediocre JAMODI/T20 filler', but he's making me taste it in this series. Real breakthrough for him. I still find it hard to really hard him anywhere near the level of someone like Phillips but he's earned a crack now.

I definitely don't want to see him at 3 again though.
I rated him higher than you, but aside from the pure runs/SR numbers the part that's updated my thinking is that he's done it against top quality 140-150km/h bowlers. Prior to this he's shown indications of a real weakness to pace bowling (from small sample size that I've observed) and I thought yes, he has all the shots against the lower quality bowlers but fails immediately against the big boys (like many NZ potentials tbh). This series he's thrived against SSA, Haris and Naseem Shah (and Shadab too) which is about as good as it gets.

It's still T20 on flat subcontinental wickets so I'm not going all the way to 'get him in the test team' but he should get a lot more chances in both T20s and ODIs.

G. S. Kohli

Nz beat pak in 5th t20I.
Series draw 2/2 ( 1 match no result).

On sony (sports 4 pm )in india (date below)

Nz Squad: Tom Latham (c), Tom Blundell, Chad Bowes, Matt Henry, Ben Lister, Cole McConchie, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Rachin Ravindra, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young & Chapman

Pak Squad : Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Haris Sohail, Ihsanullah, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Naseem Shah, Salman Ali Agha, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Usama Mir

Schedule :
Flashback

Apr 27, Thu
Pakistan vs New Zealand
1st ODI at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi
16:00 IST / 10:30 GMT

Apr 29, Sat
Pakistan vs New Zealand
2nd ODI at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

May 03, Wed
Pakistan vs New Zealand
3rd ODI at National Stadium, Karachi

May 05, Fri
Pakistan vs New Zealand
4th ODI at National Stadium, Karachi

May 07, Sun
Pakistan vs New Zealand
5th ODI at National Stadium, Karachi

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Might well repeat Chapman averaged 290 this series.

We have quite a kerfuffle for ODI positions #4–6 – even though we don't really have a proper #4 now, there's enough middle-order quality to balance it out and more. Latham, Mitchell, Phillips, Chapman, Clarkson.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our predictably stupid & inflexible selectors not finding a way to keep red hot Chapman in Pakistan for the ODIs.

It may well be a visa issue, but more likely just an inability to flex and make a common sense & obvious change to the squad. Guy looks a shoe-in for the ODI WC squad now in this form (albeit T20), so why you wouldn't want to give him more 50 over cricket in SC conditions leading into that tournament?

Meanwhile, Young continues to struggle to hit the ball off the square in SC conditions.
Fair play selectors... and yes for once sanity prevails

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Might well repeat Chapman averaged 290 this series.

We have quite a kerfuffle for ODI positions #4–6 – even though we don't really have a proper #4 now, there's enough middle-order quality to balance it out and more. Latham, Mitchell, Phillips, Chapman, Clarkson.
And Neesham

Moss

I rated him higher than you, but aside from the pure runs/SR numbers the part that's updated my thinking is that he's done it against top quality 140-150km/h bowlers. Prior to this he's shown indications of a real weakness to pace bowling (from small sample size that I've observed) and I thought yes, he has all the shots against the lower quality bowlers but fails immediately against the big boys (like many NZ potentials tbh).
This still holds good TBH. He was shaky starting out against pace, and while as the series went on he found methods to score against Shaheen and Rauf he did need the odd bit of fortune. No 3/4 would be exposing him IMO but he should definitely be pushing to make the no5/6 spot his own. His adaptability and ability to find the vacant spaces did stand out though, better than what I’ve generally seen from Phillips.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a well noted non-T20 fan but gee whiz Chapman's work in this series (on highlights, anyway) has been enjoyable. I had headed to the 'meh, maybe he's just not that good' side of things, but there's not many guys in NZ who can play like that. That would be in the pantheon of best T20I knocks in my living memory, alongside Phillips v Sri Lanka in the last WC, Kane's in the previous final, Mitchell in the England semi, McCullum v Australia in Chch etc.