• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just so I know, why have teams stopped bowling wide down the off side or leg side in situations like these? I remember there being an Aus vs NZ test around 2006 where McGrath bowled beautifully down the off-side, right at the wide mark and kept NZ from getting 20 off 18 balls or something like that. Neither India nor SL tried that recently.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Totally worth being late to work. **** yeah.

Did anyone notice if Azhar was actually out?

YESS! Umpire warning them for time wasting and threatening a 5 run penalty.
This is so good to hear. I hadn't seen that anywhere. As others have said, don't blame the Lankans, but good to see the umpires did their job.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sometimes the situation really gives you a guideline. We were one-down and everyone thought we should go for it. Even when they scored 400-plus everyone was positive and even with this 300 target, we knew we could go for it and get the win.
Bit of an obvious thing to say but it's amazing what a team can accomplish with the right attitude.

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
it was a pretty boring series tbf except the final day's play :p
I won't say that.It was grueling,not boring except for SL batting in the second innings here.For most part it was old fashioned Test cricket with nothing flashy to show except this gem from Azhar Ali.I do hope Pakistan will have an Injury- free side soon and takes on the bigger teams overseas.As far as potential is is concerned Pakistan can beat any team.The only thing they need is consistency.Injury to key players,especially pace bowlers has contributed a lot towards the lack of consistency in their in performances.I think the Pakistan supporters are being unfair to their team sometimes.

salman85

International Debutant
What a chase!

A sweet kick in the groin of every fashionably negative Pakistan supporter.

Top performance!

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Never thought we would win!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Where is Mungo with his mantra that Test Cricket is not as exciting as LOI's and that it needs to be gotten rid of.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Were SL even trying to take wickets from the start?

Anyway, I commented on CI's commentary as "Cricket Web" pointing out that this the fastest 300+ chase ever. 10 minutes later the link showed up for filtering the fastest run chases except it included 200+ run chases as well. I followed up by asking if they would give CW credit for pointing this out if I told them how to filter properly. They just fixed the search filter for the link. Classic CI.

Fusion

Global Moderator
After this high from such a thrilling win, comes this sobering reality: Pakistan’s next Test match is not for another 9 months. :(

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
After this high from such a thrilling win, comes this sobering reality: Pakistan’s next Test match is not for another 9 months. :(
And that too against Australia where they have cancelled 1 test for ODI's and T20's. :(

In fact, with this new Draft proposal are we even going to play Aus?

I wonder how Azhar's century scored in DOG's calculation?

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Great win. Followed it on my phone during spare time at Uni and it was great to read about! Gutted I couldn't see any of the live action take place but i'm still over the moon for Pakistan. And well played Richard Kettleborough. Thought he umpired some very deliberate SL time-wasting tactics very well today! Good to see.