• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Misbah keeping up with his sucky conversion rate unfortunately.

Shame though. Would have loved it if Pakistan could have held out.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Knives out for Misbah again on cricinfo its a shame really.

I would hav Misbah at 6 in my current world xi.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
is Elgar bowling wrist spin or finger spin?

Pretty **** from Misbah, but he played very nicely for a long time there, Asad needs to be not out at the end

Stapel

International Regular
I've heard of blind loyalty, but that's taking the pizzaz.

Ball tampering? - YouTube

What is the thing dangling from the pocket if not a zip?
Well, that clears things up.

It really does baffle me.... Why on earth would cricket pants have pockets with zippers? Thta really makes no sense at all, unless one intends to tamper with the ball in advance.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, that clears things up.

It really does baffle me.... Why on earth would cricket pants have pockets with zippers? Thta really makes no sense at all, unless one intends to tamper with the ball in advance.
To keep the sandwiches fresh

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Philander, I don't think he was tampering.

What I think happened is that there was a bit of a loose bit of leather on the ball and he just stuck his finger under it. It sounds really weird but it's kind of common. When I play and I see the ball and it has a bit flapping like that I'll stick my finger under it, without even realising I'm doing it. It's not to tamper or scratch the ball further it's just something you do. Can't describe it.
well obviously that's what he was obviously doing

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Asad Shafiq won't let his ability to score runs stop the call for Umar Akmal to replace him. If he could learn to convert better and get big daddy hundreds, he'd have a cracking record.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Shafiq has passed his previous best score, if he can find a few partners he needs to try and get to 150 and get a big hundred, once Younis and Misbah are gone it's pretty much gonna be up to him to be Pakistan's premier batsman

smash84

The Tiger King
what farming? this has been a pathetic show by Pakistan on a wicket that wasn't really helpful for the bowlers

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
this was inevitable, but a decent fight back led by a young batsman, but again, this match simply proves that when Pakistan lapse - they ****ing lapse

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
another bulls*** 2 test series while the aussies and england get 3, 5 test series over a year.

Credit to Pakistan. a dismal 1st innings but they fought back.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
well played SA.....and I am pretty sure that had they not been so rusty during the first test they would have won 2-0. The Pakistan side is very very ordinary and it really needs some good batsmen to be able to become competitive in test cricket again. Not sure if the selections are being done on merit but Shan Masood definitely doesn't seem at par with Nasir Jamshed.

Stapel

International Regular
People out things in their pockets (like lollies, gum etc) and don't want them falling out when they run.
Hmmm, never really seen that, but I must admit I probably wouldn't notice.

I do keep a pack of cigarettes in my pocket (I know, that's really bad), but even during the wildest of fielding actions, they don't fall out.