• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Openers gone kind of inevitable, both coming into this raw.

Need a big one from azhar here, and time for shafiq to make his mark.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ideally we'd have 100 more runs on the board, but it's not the end of the world. Will need to strike early and often tomorrow to have a chance. Bummed to see that Latham didn't go on, and furious that Watling got pipped for the bronze by Craig. Pleased to see success for Sodhi and Craig.

Blocky

Banned
The real test is now - two unestablished openers being sawn off is great but we've got to get through Azhar, Misbah and Younis as they've been the ones hurting everyone recently.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, 400 on the board and the openers gone is a definite improvement over the last test. Still disappointing how the middle order faltered but what will be interesting is seeing if Southee can pick up some wickets tomorrow, because there's no way our spinners will be able to do the whole job.

Blocky

Banned
Southee and Boult looked extremely toothless, so it comes down to whether Southee can get some reverse and based on the way our spinners destroy the ball, I don't see that being likely.

Blocky

Banned
Is this country too toss dependent?
No. Two brand new openers coming into the side having to spend two days in the field before going out to bat. Let's not make any assessments until we see what Younis and Azhar do tomorrow. Hell, Misbah might decide to take the fastest tonne record for his own and not share it. You just don't know.

BeeGee

International Captain
Anyway, 400 on the board and the openers gone is a definite improvement over the last test. Still disappointing how the middle order faltered but what will be interesting is seeing if Southee can pick up some wickets tomorrow, because there's no way our spinners will be able to do the whole job.
Yep. I actually think Anderson is more likely to chip in with wickets. He's more of a mix things up bowler, which seems to work better on these types of pitches.

I'd love to see a sharp spell of reverse from Southee, but he just seems to be going through the motions a little bit.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah no swing or movement from Southee or Boult means they're pretty toothless, but unlike the last pitch the bounce here means that we can actually bowl short as well. I think we'll bowl Pakistan out, but yeah it's still a road.

Blocky

Banned
The disadvantage of Pakistan having played so well to this point for them is that if we can snip off two out of Younis, Azhar and Misbah we're into a mid to lower batting order that hasn't had to do much work recently and we could break through them relatively easily. I still think we're going to regret not having Wagner there as he's had the ability to take out the best player in the opposition side.

Sadly, it really comes down to whether Craig and Sodhi can prove us all wrong and put in a good performance.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
From what I have seen in both FC and test cricket, at this stage of his career, Sodhi is more effective v LHers than RHers.

Unfortunately no more LHers in the Pakistan line up (unless some if their tail are ).