• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

Fusion

Global Moderator
I think it's time to try Umar as an opener myself. Has the attacking instincts and can’t be any worse than the others we’ve tried. The major downside being we’ll lose him from the (lower) middle order where he’s often looked upon to salvage an ongoing batting collapse. Meh, I’m willing to take a chance.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Just when you think they have recovered well both find ways to get out. Hair tearing off stuff from Pakistan.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hours of grafting by Ali are gone when both batsmen end up at the same end.

No-one does it like Pakistan. Amazing.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
That idiot Salman should have run to the other hand.Azhar Ali's pinky has more batting than you do in your whole body idiot.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think Salman's future career may rest on this innings now.

Can't blame him entirely, was a stupid run from Ali to begin with.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Who made Sammy the ****ing umpire....why does he get to decide Azhar is the one to go and why did that ****ing Ashoker listen to him instead of going upstairs. Someone needs to just injure Ashoker so that he never officiates another match ever again.

shivfan

Banned
Who made Sammy the ****ing umpire....why does he get to decide Azhar is the one to go and why did that ****ing Ashoker listen to him instead of going upstairs. Someone needs to just injure Ashoker so that he never officiates another match ever again.
Don't blame Sammy for that - blame Asoka!
:laugh:
Sammy can say whatever he wants on the field, and of course he'd rather see Azhar leave the field. But it's up to Asoka and Bowden to send it to the third umpire.

And Azhar seemed eager to leave, didn't he? Why didn't he insist that the umpires go to a TV replay?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What happened??

salman85

International Debutant
I think Salman's future career may rest on this innings now.

Can't blame him entirely, was a stupid run from Ali to begin with.
He really needs to play a good innings here.I know everyone was yapping about not caring how well our keeper can bat as long as he can keep well,and it would be unfair on Salman since he does look a very decent keeper,but you expect your keeper to be able to bat atleast a bit.He looks pretty hopeless with the bat.Sarfraz Ahmed and Adnan Akmal could replace him if he doesn't bat well in this match.Both are safe wicketkeepers,and better batsmen than him.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
@ cruxdude

Azhar called for a single and Salman responded but once he got half way down the pitch, Salman changed his mind and went back. So as a result Azhar and Salman both ran to the same end whilst the keeper at the other end took the bails off. Azhar grounded his bat first but Sammy convinced Ashoka that it was Azhar who was out. So Ashoka without referring told Azhar to go.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
@ cruxdude

Azhar called for a single and Salman responded but once he got half way down the pitch, Salman changed his mind and went back. So as a result Azhar and Salman both ran to the same end whilst the keeper at the other end took the bails off. Azhar grounded his bat first but Sammy convinced Ashoka that it was Azhar who was out. So Ashoka without referring told Azhar to go.
It is really stupid when Umpires do not call the third umpire for such cases.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Don't blame Sammy for that - blame Asoka!
:laugh:
Sammy can say whatever he wants on the field, and of course he'd rather see Azhar leave the field. But it's up to Asoka and Bowden to send it to the third umpire.

And Azhar seemed eager to leave, didn't he? Why didn't he insist that the umpires go to a TV replay?
Yeah I think Ali felt a bit guilty for calling such a silly run, maybe he didn't want Salman to pay for his mistake, so I think partly decided upon himself to walk...

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Big day tomorrow, cant wait to see how pretty much every one of our batsmen get on, given the nature of the pitch, hopefully I'll only see a few, though the way Windies are playing Ajmal, he could take a wicket at any time despite the flatness of the pitch... Hopefully we can dismiss the lower order for no more than 50 odd runs

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a pretty decent total considering how W. Indies have batted against Ajmal so far TBH.. and no Chanderpaul makes that WI lineup look even more vulnerable.

tooextracool

International Coach
I think it's time to try Umar as an opener myself. Has the attacking instincts and can’t be any worse than the others we’ve tried. The major downside being we’ll lose him from the (lower) middle order where he’s often looked upon to salvage an ongoing batting collapse. Meh, I’m willing to take a chance.
I am not quite on the same page with you here. Umar bats like a millionaire if you ask me, talented lad no doubt, but theres no way he would survive against a new ball. His innings today really highlights why he is a pretty ordinary batsman at the moment, and also the fact that Pakistan are in dire need for a competent batting coach.

The man that should be opening the batting is Azhar Ali. I am yet to understand the logic behind him batting at 3. As far as Im aware, he has experience opening in domestic cricket and his technique is about as well suited as anybody for the new ball. Considering that he's usually in within the first few overs anyways, it really is a no-brainer.