• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

shivfan

Banned
Poor young Kraigg Brathwaite....

I hope the WICB realises that you shouldn't shunt youngsters into Test cricket before they've played enough FC cricket.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Poor young Kraigg Brathwaite....

I hope the WICB realises that you shouldn't shunt youngsters into Test cricket before they've played enough FC cricket.
Now that they have Shunt :laugh::ph34r: him in ,they might as well keep him around the squad for the time being and persist with him.

Dropping him right now and forgetting about him will affect his confidence even more badly.
Need to keep him in the squads and A teams atleast ,even when Barath and Gayle come back.

Btw, who do you think they should have gone for?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Now that they have Shunt :laugh::ph34r: him in ,they might as well keep him around the squad for the time being and persist with him.

Dropping him right now and forgetting about him will affect his confidence even more badly.
Need to keep him in the squads and A teams atleast ,even when Barath and Gayle come back.

Btw, who do you think they should have gone for?
I definitely think calling him a shunt based on one match is a little harsh. :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
& Sarwan goes for a blob on review. Looked a good shout in real time, tbh. I'd guess Billy has more decisions overturned than anyone bar his mate at the other end.

63/3. Obese female warming up those pipes.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Really testing bowling since the tea interval. Some high quality spin bowling from all three, especially Abdur Rehman bowling with Nadkarniesque accuracy and getting the odd one to turn and rear up nastily.

It's been a while since I've witnessed such an attacking display of quality left-arm spin, tbh! Thanks to the overdose of Giles, Harris, Ojha and post-2001 Vettori, I had almost forgotten that left-arm spin could actually be a wicket-taking option. :laugh:

Notwithstanding the helpful pitch, this is top stuff from Rehman! :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
so rehman's learned to bowl?
Getting some serious turn out of this track, anyway. His ball to get Samuels was pretty much the perfect SLA to right hander delivery. Good length, off stump line so the batter had to play and turned just enough to take the edge.

One of those where there's no blame to the batsman. Jaffa, as I said.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
:laugh:
Good batting by Simmons and Lil Bravo to take WIndies to tea at 54-1....

You wouldn't want to switch on the TV set now, man!:ph34r:

Good news is that Bravo is still batting well and playing it late and with soft hands. I wish I could have said the same for Sarwan. Samuels was dismissed by a real corker though!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Man, that's a good ball from Ajmal. Absolutely spat out of the rough. Just an inch too much turn for Nash tho.

Lol. & follows it up with an absolute rank long hop which the QLDer duly disptaches.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
What is keeping Misbah from having a silly point for both left-handers? There is fair rough outside off and even the well-set Bravo wouldn't be able to negotiate a spitting turner that easily. The way he's lunging forward and defending would certainly be checked by a guy at silly. :blink:

Rehman's accuracy is maginificent and the hosts are tottering. No reason not to go hammer and tongs at them!

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Wow! Bravo beaten thrice in the over from Saeed. Sharp turn and bounce to beat his defense on two occasions and lobbed off the glove to a non-existent short-leg on the third. Superb, probing bowling! 8-)

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
End of the 4th day's play

West Indies at 130/5 and a long, long way away from the target. It would be devil's own job to draw this Test against the spin trio of Ajmal-Rehman-Hafeez and the two pacers. Unless, rain intervenes to save the hosts 1-0 lead in the series! :cool: The four wickets in the extended post-tea session has really put Pakistan in the driving seat.

Bravo compiled what, I thought, was a very good half-century in difficult conditions. Yet again fell LBW to the left-arm pace bowler trying to flick the ball behind square-leg with his head falling away terribly. It was kinda disappointing because he looked very good while he was at the crease. Clearly, a fundamental technical shortcoming coming back to bite his arse there!

Star of the day:
Abdur Rehman, IMHO!