• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
He should do the sledging bit more tactfully. Rather than going at full volume, he can remind Younus to keep wlking when he nicks it game after game.
first he should remember what he said on an indian channel, i remember he said that why should he walk when he edges one? Crowd has come to see me
if he thinks like this why was he saying younis to walk when he didn't even edged the ball, by the way, honestly, Pakistan lost the series, you can't say srilanka outclassed pakistan, Pakistan had upper hand most of the tour but just couldn't finish well

Pigeon

Banned
first he should remember what he said on an indian channel, i remember he said that why should he walk when he edges one? Crowd has come to see me
if he thinks like this why was he saying younis to walk when he didn't even edged the ball, by the way, honestly, Pakistan lost the series, you can't say srilanka outclassed pakistan, Pakistan had upper hand most of the tour but just couldn't finish well
All ok but WG Grace lived a century and half ago.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan lost the series because Sri Lanka outperformed them. Very simple. There’s no use in consoling ourselves by saying we had the edge and just “couldn’t finish”. Couldn’t finish means that the other team did and we lost. If we are to improve our standings (with even tougher tours ahead) then we need to get rid of this type of mentality.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan lost the series because Sri Lanka outperformed them. Very simple. There’s no use in consoling ourselves by saying we had the edge and just “couldn’t finish”. Couldn’t finish means that the other team did and we lost. If we are to improve our standings (with even tougher tours ahead) then we need to get rid of this type of mentality.
:laugh:cant agree more but tbf if we look at the test series Pakistan probably won more sessions then Lanka but the sessions we lost we simply got decimated(partly by our own doing).

Xuhaib

International Coach
anyside that gets bulldozed by Herath and Kulasakera deserves to loose no matter how they bowled ffs it was not Vaas and Murali at their peak.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Afridi walks in as Captain of Pakistan for the first time. Never thought I'd ever write that tbh.

Fusion

Global Moderator
So in the end a comprehensive victory for Pakistan. Though all the wins came after the pressure of winning the series was off. Very impressed with Afridi’s Captainship. Led from the front and made the right decisions on the field.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Dropped catches (Nazir by Malinga and Sangakkara) and local umpires (Nazir out to Thushara, Afridi lbw on 1 to Murali and Udawatta given out for a obne that pitched outside leg) cost us the game.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dropped catches (Nazir by Malinga and Sangakkara) and local umpires (Nazir out to Thushara, Afridi lbw on 1 to Murali and Udawatta given out for a obne that pitched outside leg) cost us the game.
When was the last time you gave credit to the opposition for a win ?