• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

pasag

RTDAS
Wow. Hope something major is done about this...a ban of some sort as a start. If it was Gibbs, I can't say I'm surprised. Although I didn't peg him as a racist, he seems like an immature type who might say something stupid.
Yeah major action should for sure be taken, but only if initiated by Pakistan. Hopefully this will not be a trial by media or anything and hopefully it's just a misunderstanding, but if not...seriously dire.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't see why a player has to crop abusive behaviour on the field just because he is playing cricket. I don't see tennis players mouthing off against each other for example and I don't see it in any sport at least as openly as I see in cricket. Isn't tennis a professional sport as well?

Kallis called an Indian batsman (I think it was Dravid) you ****ing Indian or some abuse with Indian in the end. Now why should a player tolerate such nonsense just because he is playing cricket?

I have been a long term advcator of playing cricket with the bat and the ball instead of the mouth and even though I might be in a minority, I feel firmly on the topic.

Friendly banter is okay but sledging, particularly the racial kind is not required in sport.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I don't see why a player has to crop abusive behaviour on the field just because he is playing cricket. I don't see tennis players mouthing off against each other for example and I don't see it in any sport at least as openly as I see in cricket. Isn't tennis a professional sport as well?

Kallis called an Indian batsman (I think it was Dravid) you ****ing Indian or some abuse with Indian in the end. Now why should a player tolerate such nonsense just because he is playing cricket?

I have been a long term advcator of playing cricket with the bat and the ball instead of the mouth and even though I might be in a minority, I feel firmly on the topic.

Friendly banter is okay but sledging, particularly the racial kind is not required in sport.
Exactly my thoughts on the matter as well.

FRAZ

International Captain

I am playing big time these days and I use my eyes and if the batsman misses then I say " Are you blind or something" . And I cannot afford to say "Go home" . Because they (my playing fellows) seem to have the same hair style as mine (without the microscpe)...
What ever you said is "RIGHT" but its just like that text book material which seems to be applicable upon the victim party most of the time (which is perceived on the most occasion as if its salt on their wounds like they are cripple enough not being able to answer right away in the face).
You are right as always but only in Utopia tbh . Some , actually many indecent people will say that the person who sledged was right and they will perceive it as "part of the game" but I will also take it as an ok thing because the people who cannot answer in the face are supposed to be taunted like this and I don't feel sorry for them because they were weak enough mentaly to take it and they lacked the knowledge of the language (even worse than my understanding) .
Imran is needed or Javed Miandad or at least Wasim or Waqar as a captain or at least any person with enough knowledge of "the" language to identify the hidden sarcasm and superior wannabe" attitude .
You are right but what I said was absolutely right too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Did any of you actaully watch the game? It doesnt sound like it ... Paul Harris came up to Smith and told him about the happenings on the sideline by a bunch of Pakistani supporters, They had a bitch about it and police got told about it. After that 2 guys got asked to leave the grounds .. no insult was ever directed at any of the Pakistan players.

:wacko:

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Well I thought that was obvious, but I do not want to spell it out as it may offend some one, if you would like to send me an email then I would be happy to explain what I think they meant by that comment :)

From your location I suspect you are a Australian supporter if not please forgive me, but your team and country is the worst when it comes to rascist remarks so please refrain from commenting on other countries and teams.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
From what I get, there are two points which I can address from your post my friend -

What ever you said is "RIGHT" but its just like that text book material which seems to be applicable upon the victim party most of the time (which is perceived on the most occasion as if its salt on their wounds like they are cripple enough not being able to answer right away in the face).

You are right as always but only in Utopia tbh . Some , actually many indecent people will say that the person who sledged was right and they will perceive it as "part of the game" but I will also take it as an ok thing because the people who cannot answer in the face are supposed to be taunted like this and I don't feel sorry for them because they were weak enough mentaly to take it and they lacked the knowledge of the language (even worse than my understanding) .
Thing is Fraz, if player x from country x bashes you on being a Pakistani and on your heritage, then you bash him because he bashed you and then he bashes you back, and hit each other too in the process, it will be a great spectacle for some but it is not cricket.

You are going there to play cricket. Why should you hear nonsense from any one about you being a Pakistani and abuses and what not. Such apparent tests of mental strength aren't required in cricket the way I see it.

Imran is needed or Javed Miandad or at least Wasim or Waqar as a captain or at least any person with enough knowledge of "the" language to identify the hidden sarcasm and superior wannabe" attitude .
You speak regarding a better captain required to tackle issues so that the team can fight back also pointing the language barrier Inzaman seems to have. The key for Pakistan to play well as a team is that the players are united. Right now (like we saw from even the tail enders fighting - small indicators like this are so crucial when dissectng Pakistan cricket), the team does seem united and so I would not call for a captaincy replacement right now. I am not seeing players revolting now like a few months back with Younis Khan and the team seems to be fighting as a unit now. So I will keep this combinatoin till at least the world cup. There has already been so much termoil in the Pakistani team that more changes at the top could prove the final nails in the coffin. After the world cup, we can very well see some one like Younis Khan captain the team.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Did any of you actaully watch the game? It doesnt sound like it ... Paul Harris came up to Smith and told him about the happenings on the sideline by a bunch of Pakistani supporters, They had a bitch about it and police got told about it. After that 2 guys got asked to leave the grounds .. no insult was ever directed at any of the Pakistan players.

:wacko:
What difference does it make whom the insult was directed at? If it's a racist/insulting remark, it's going to be one whether directed toward a player or a spectator.

From your location I suspect you are a Australian supporter if not please forgive me, but your team and country is the worst when it comes to rascist remarks so please refrain from commenting on other countries and teams.
So guilty by association huh? So if a few Australians hurl racist abuse, he can't comment about any such remarks? That makes a lot of sense.

By the way, I happen to think this is being blown out of proportion. To me, professional athletes should be able to handle verbal abuse (whether directed towards them or at their country). Even better would be that they use the abuse as motivation to destroy their opponents. I'm obviously in the minority though and respect the other side's opinion.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Match's start delayed due to rain. I don't think Pakistan can win this thing, so a rain delay just might save them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The rain delay is not that big for the moment.

From CI -

10:14 local, 08:14 GMT We have got confirmation that the start will be delayed but the good news is that, as we speak, the covers are coming off. Some players are out there in the middle, randomly roaming around.

FRAZ

International Captain
You are going there to play cricket. Why should you hear nonsense from any one about you being a Pakistani and abuses and what not. Such apparent tests of mental strength aren't required in cricket the way I see it.

You know what I never doubt that you are ever wrong . You are right and wrong 'n' right is applicable on every one .
I guess even if Murali will prove 370 million times that he is not a chuker ,still the image of him in some hearts will stay as a chuker.
145 million times Shoaib and Asif's case is going to cleared (and right on ) and even if the Greg Rudseski's case is going to be shown as the example to the others , still this non Utopian land won't change .
I know you are right and I am sorry to drag in so many odd examples .
Even if 5 million cameras in the ground were not able to pick any inhumane activity with the ball at the oval then still people will defend Hair .
I am not getting in those rotten conspiracies.
The problem is not to see what actually is the problem . It is the Media and the upbringing and the basic domestic training. Its not again white black trash that I am writing over here . It's the problem of not being born in the decent atmosphere . No decent person or the policy making governments or the cabinets will openly back up the racist trash .
Its the media which forces the divisions and which drags the people back into the ages old myths and stories and try to apply them in this scientific world . And it is easy to force such things into the brains of illiterate and retards like Nel .
Its not just the western media but I also hate Indian media too along with the Pakistani media .
This whole issue may pass un noticed for sure ,and may be there will be a loly pop statement saying "It was bad and lets just carry on " . For me it is not an acceptable reply or answer .
I want some thing practical right away and if does not happen then still don't be a laid back clown to suffer and then smile away the insult .
I want authorities and decent people to take action against it and a big action .
And I know that the action will be a sissy one and people will walk away just like a ****** reply on the same page suggesting the fans problem , most deservingly those fans were thrown out and why the gentleman dragged an issue to defend the in-field stupidity with an issue which has already been dealt with ?
What has happened in the past ? Tell me ???? Other than suffering even more upon requesting some action to be taken against some cruel creatures ? ....
So I want some one who can understand the psychy and the conversational farts e.g. Shoaib Akhtar and who can answer in a relatively better ,decent and logically correct way as some times I do !!!
And as far as captaincy is concerned Inzamam is there because he is the best and the ONLY choice for some people tbh . His butt is there because of the "ONLY" part .
I'll back Shoaib Akhtar if ever I will have to select any Pakistani team !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Superb pitching there from Kaneria, plus the rip and turn.

If the first few deliveries go like that for a leg spinner, it can help build up rhythm. Good sign that. Kaneria can be dangerous then.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach

An Australian and proud of it mate!:@

If it was an Australian who made these remarks I would be just as upset, it is the game of cricket where my loyalities are.

There is no room in cricket or anywhere else for these type of comments, whether from players to supporters or vice versa, or players to players, or people on the street for that matter.

Apart from the fact that this is a cricket forum and we are able to express our views, I tend to leave things to the mods to let me know (or others) when I have overstepped the line (yet to happen, I am proud to write).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When you try to sweep every second ball like Amla is trying, it immediately tells the leg spinner that the batsman isn't confident and that can never be a good message a batsman gives to a leg spinner. Not great batting from Amla. Another thing it does is that it forces the leg spiner to bowl a more attacking line - not some thing a batsman would want.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Poor strategy from Harris in his brief inning. He went off an attacking stroke and it wasn't the first attacking stroke Harris played today. A better approach would have been to hang in there because the longer Harris would have batted, the longer it would have frustrated the Pakistani players. He never seemed keen enough to grit it out though.