• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Remember jarrod kimber talking about a technical flaw that teams had found for Conway around the WC and he's been in pretty bad form since then. No doubt mental factors are at play, but maybe he's also just been figured out a bit?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Remember jarrod kimber talking about a technical flaw that teams had found for Conway around the WC and he's been in pretty bad form since then. No doubt mental factors are at play, but maybe he's also just been figured out a bit?
I've got no doubt that exists...but hell, when you get to the point yesterday where he literally loses two hands off the bat playing **** knows what shot that was, he appears fried mentally.

Something he's never been able to remedy is that line on his hip - we'd lose count trying to work out how many times he's been out caught on that line, whether it's a leading edge, scratched down lrg side or caught in a trap

thierry henry

International Coach
Perhaps redundant bringing it up at this point (we all know it's happening, we all know the various reasons why) but notable that this series, JAMmiest of the JAM, has had repeated sold out matches.

It really kinda feels like the cricket fan (or CW cricket fan) perspective on which games matter is almost completely unrelated to the likelihood of Joe and Jane Dumbass actually attending the game.

thierry henry

International Coach
On the other hand, the Australian test match at the Basin sold out all days weeks ago.

I think the Blackcaps are just a good drawcard these days, and free to air is no doubt helping.
Yeah it's really just that I wish the stupid humans on this stupid planet would do their bit to make T20 go away. But we're just evil, evil beings really.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
On the other hand, the Australian test match at the Basin sold out all days weeks ago.

I think the Blackcaps are just a good drawcard these days, and free to air is no doubt helping.
Tbf the Australia tests are a bit of a special case on account of their being our traditional sporting rival and the fact that they've only played 2 tests here in the past 14 years. Also the Basin has a pretty tiny capacity these days, what is it, 7,500? I remember when I was a kid - before the regional stadium was built - they used to pack in about 12,000 for ODI's. Not that I think that was a good state of affairs, the bank used to feel like the Tokyo metro in rush hour.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah I do genuinely think that JAMT20Is are a bit more popular and a bit more relevant to the general populace than we tend to believe, or want to believe, here. But that’s just the vibes, I cbf trying to prove it or anything.