• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You’re not going to get many families or kids to games if they start at 9 or 10pm, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of hosting the event, I’d have thought?

Plus noise and event regulations might make that difficult at many grounds, if games are finishing past midnight.
Would be fun to see how foreign teams handle playing in Dunedin at midnight when they often wear sweaters during day matches in summer

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's not unique to the AO though is it? Seems a lot of tennis matches, especially finals, start late and can run into the early hours.
That's true, was more mentioning it as an option to try and get a WC in New Zealand. But I can't imagine the ICC/BCCI allowing a T20/ODI WC to be hosted solely in NZ due to the TV rights/timezone issue if matches were played during the day/early evening.

You’re not going to get many families or kids to games if they start at 9 or 10pm, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of hosting the event, I’d have thought?

Plus noise and event regulations might make that difficult at many grounds, if games are finishing past midnight.
Yeah, you'd have to get the government to change the noise/event regulations for the tournament. Hopefully doable you would think for such an event with the economic benefits (Even if matches were at odd times.)

Minor countries games and NZ/Australia matches you could host during the day I suppose couldn't you.

Would be fun to see how foreign teams handle playing in Dunedin at midnight when they often wear sweaters during day matches in summer
Now that would be classic :laugh:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Cameron Green is playing a Test against the Windies with COVID, whilst Santner and Conway both missed T20s with it.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Skyliner and kippax are gonna have a field day with this.
What can I make of it(?) Never been a ‘COVID’ obsessive so it doesn’t bother me. Good on Green, he’s dealing with stuff far worse that the ‘vid. The fact that he is playing top level cricket with serious kidney disease means he should be an inspiration to us all, I cannot imagine the mental and physical dedication it requires to battle with something as serious as what he is dealing with and yet stay positive, smiling, and being a champion.

‘Australia all-rounder Cameron Green has revealed he was born with an irreversible chronic kidney disease, which at one stage put his life expectancy at 12 years.’

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
They followed the Kaluwitharana model off the back of the 96 World Cup, did they not? Gilchrist obviously had become a thing, too.
Yeah, Nevin was put in there in a dasher role of sorts when he opened. Felt like it only really came off that once.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Think he also made a few runs v England when they toured here in 2002. But his keeping was appallingly bad, and by the following summer the selectors had clearly decided it was better to give Baz a run even if he wasn't quite there yet.

Last edited: