• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand 2020/21

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
did santner? apart from a couple of bunnies that is.

he's indefensible as a test bowler. im sorry i hate to rag on him but he's a white ball bowler and that's it for now.
Ummm yes he did when we were really struggling to polish off the tail. Very important wickets IMO.

Is Mitchell a test bowler? Neither Santner nor Mitchell are test standard bowlers, but Santner is probably more useful to the team.

Howsie

International Captain
on another note, where the hell has jamieson come from. he is a deadset weapon!
would kill it over at the waca in perth i reckon. spewing he wasn't in this kind of form for the test series last year in australia.
Even if he was Stead and co were never going to give him a run...

I’ve said this story a few times now on CW. We watched Jamieson and Henry bowl to Raval during a lunch break on Day 2 or 3 of the Boxing Day test. Jamieson was all over Raval, couldn’t get bat on ball he looked really impressive, plenty of Australians watching couldn’t work out how he wasn’t getting a run for our ‘crap’ side. Henry looked pedestrian compared to him. A week later Henry is getting a run and Jamieson is riding the bench.

Classic Stead. Never things ahead

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

I’ve said this story a few times now on CW. We watched Jamieson and Henry bowl to Raval during a lunch break on Day 2 or 3 of the Boxing Day test. Jamieson was all over Raval, couldn’t get bat on ball he looked really impressive, plenty of Australians watching couldn’t work out how he wasn’t getting a run for our ‘crap’ side. Henry looked pedestrian compared to him. A week later Henry is getting a run and Jamieson is riding the bench.

Kinda harsh on Stead here. It's not as if Jamieson was tearing the door down and there's something to be said for giving blokes a proper go.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

Wasn’t Todd Astle somehow involved in this anecdote as well?

Howsie

International Captain
Kinda harsh on Stead here. It's not as if Jamieson was tearing the door down and there's something to be said for giving blokes a proper go.
It would be if it was a one off but he’s proven to behind the play time after time. He has absolutely no forward thinking ability as a selector (can’t say coach obviously).