• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand 2020/21

Chubb

International Regular
My post, from 2012:

Otago have called up 17-year-old Southlander Jacob Duffy for the last HRV match.

He is class. Reckon you'll see him in NZ colours before too long, seriously. At least I hope so. He's tall, fast and swings it.

I'm playing for Appleby Reserves in the Invercargill grade comp and got called up to the seniors to make up the numbers at Southland Boys' High School. They sent me in to open as a sacrificial lamb. Duffy was opening the bowling.

He dismissed my opening partner in the first over, I survived the second from the other end and got a leg-bye off the last ball, so faced Duffy next over.

I didn't really have a clue. Left two balls outside off (really didn't see them until they were past me) then blocked a third, the fourth hit me on the gloves and the fifth was pitched up. I drove at it at nicked it through the slips for 4. Last ball of the over was just outside off, I went to leave it but it bounced more than I expected and it bounced off the edge of my bat to the keeper. That was that. Only time I'll ever face him I expect. At least I can say I hit him for 4 once.

It was an awesome game actually, we got 193 and they were 191-7 but lost their last 3 wickets for 0.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Got to see a relatively unknown pace attack today, and here are their readings.

Kuggs: Fastest - 144.6 slowest - 133.6 avg (no slowies today) - 141.4

ticks: fastest - 144.5 slowest - 117.1 avg (1 slowie) - 139.4

Duffy: fastest 136.2 slowest - 119.1 avg (1 slowie) - trundle

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great that Duffman got 4fer. Seems like he used the bounce well but not sure if he's got enough for prolonged success at this level outside of a friendly seaming wicket.

Which is a shame because I like him. Seems like a nervous puppy who is just happy to be there.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Having played at the same club as him in the past (before he played for Canterbury), I could say it's almost definitely KJ, he's the type for some soul crushing sledging :laugh:
I remember they clashed in the Ford Trophy final last season, Duffy hit Jamieson into the forecourt of the service station across the road and they had a few words.

thundaboult

International Debutant
I remember they clashed in the Ford Trophy final last season, Duffy hit Jamieson into the forecourt of the service station across the road and they had a few words.
if they're that competitive combined with the starts they've had, we're in for a hell of a ride.

btw i noticed riaz was bowling mid 130's against england and zim too, trying to re-invent himself as a variations bowler?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Have to say pakistan doing rather well for a side as short of practice as theirs. NZ have their task cut out now.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Good opportunity for Seifert to take on the responsibility of shepherding a chase. Missed one chance against india earlier in the year, needs to see capitalize on this start.