• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

Flem274*

123/5
i wonder if hesson thought the same as some of us did when he saw how much of a fish out of water Phillips was to Amir in game 1? he was poking kilometres away from off stump.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Massive Glenn fan, as I'm always going to be, but trying to see from a neutral perspective I think it's a decent call. He's quite clearly struggling with hard, high 130s+ bowling. Not that going back to domestic cricket is immediately going to remedy that, but it's going to be something he needs to work on. Just doesn't seem to have a lot of time v the quicks.

Seifert probably needed a bigger T20 tournament other than the sole ton v Auckland

Blain

U19 Captain
Pakistan win the toss, batting first. That NZ batting line up is so wrong.. I don't mind KW opening, but Kitchen batting 3? Taylor 5? I'm hoping that's an error. Kitchen barley makes the top 5 for Otago, but Hess thinks he's a number 3? Hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see the point investing time into a 33 year old journeymen. It's already happened with Rhonchi, Broom and Elliott (with success however).

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah if he bats three it’s a complete joke. That chump bats down at 6-7 for Otago for Christ sake.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well if we are playing on a slowish pitch in the triseries and don't want an extra quick (Ferguson/Rance/Wheeler) we can play this same XI with Munro for Kitchen and KW back to 3 - not too many disruptions

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Why does Kane continue to be picked?

He's a liability in this format and don't me stats, I've seen him bat.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Kitchen has got to do something, he can't keep going along at a run a ball when we need 12 an over and have nine wickets left.

vandem

International 12th Man
Kitchen 7 (13) since the end of the power play. When we needed 10s. With Bruce and deG on the bench. Putting extreme pressure on Guppy. So much for Hess "he can strike the ball from the the start of his innings ...".

I think Guppy has to run him out for us to have a chance.