• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

Firebreaker

Banned
The only thing NZ can do worse than this is to fail against a part timer in death overs......Oh wait they already did that in CT

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pak have been bowling same deliveries to the likes of Perera who smashed these bowlers straight out of the ground
On flatter decks. You're aware the conditions at the Basin reserve aren't the same as the 350 par score grounds in the UAE right?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Nipples is the one who's supposed to play this Elliott or Chris Harris role though it didn't work today.

This debacle here is showing that having just one effective boundary-hitter at the end of the order is better than zero (which we had before), but still not enough. All eggs in the CDG basket isn't going to work reliably. Time for one of Chapman/Philips/Seifert to bat at 5 or 6.
Not optimal to have both Latham and Nicholls in the same XI. Nicholls seems to be the more reliable option in ODIs though Latham obviously a real asset on slower wickets. On that basis should be Phillips (or maybe Seifert) slotting in and taking over the gloves.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Latham and Nicols are going to be passengers for us, I hope we don't make the costly mistake of taking them to the WC.

Our lower order has no fire power whatsoever and we cannot have a batting order of Kane, Taylor, Latham Nicols and expect to win against top sides.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This summer

Latham
17 v WI
29 v WI
37 v WI
3 v Pak
35 v Pak
8 v Pak
2 v Pak

Nicholls
17 v WI
83* v WI
18* v WI
50 v Pak
0 v Pak
52* v Pak
1 v Pak

Nicholls had actually been starting to impress me a little. But yeah I don't like both him and Latham in the team.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Not optimal to have both Latham and Nicholls in the same XI. Nicholls seems to be the more reliable option in ODIs though Latham obviously a real asset on slower wickets. On that basis should be Phillips (or maybe Seifert) slotting in and taking over the gloves.
Neither of them should be in the side.

We need Phillips and Ryder, that would probably be our best XI.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
This summer

Latham
17 v WI
29 v WI
37 v WI
3 v Pak
35 v Pak
8 v Pak
2 v Pak

Nicholls
17 v WI
83* v WI
18* v WI
50 v Pak
0 v Pak
52* v Pak
1 v Pak

Nicholls had actually been starting to impress me a little. But yeah I don't like both him and Latham in the team.
Nicols needs at least one chance in his innings to get a decent score. He doesn't belong at this level, I wish people would realize this. The guy is going to be a complete passenger for us in the WC...

Simply not good enough at this level and doesn't have the gears to be batting at 6. He's another nurdler who takes time and chances to get runs, and even then he's way too slow to be a handy #6. We can't afford someone like him with Guptill, Kane and Taylor in the top 4, all of whom are taking balls up to get set.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nicols needs at least one chance in his innings to get a decent score. He doesn't belong at this level, I wish people would realize this. The guy is going to be a complete passenger for us in the WC...

Simply not good enough at this level and doesn't have the gears to be batting at 6. He's another nurdler who takes time and chances to get runs, and even then he's way too slow to be a handy #6. We can't afford someone like him with Guptill, Kane and Taylor in the top 4, all of whom are taking balls up to get set.
We should have a team selected only from players that CM Punk isn't negative about. Here it is:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that would be my first change. Don't think I've ever previously agreed with the concept of selecting an NZ batsman only overseas, like spinners are, but Latham is looking like the first.

Nicholls would stay, having done well recently, but if he struggles in future then Chapman probably, or maybe Bruce.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Yeah that would be my first change. Don't think I've ever previously agreed with the concept of selecting an NZ batsman only overseas, like spinners are, but Latham is looking like the first.

Nicholls would stay, having done well recently, but if he struggles in future then Chapman probably, or maybe Bruce.
He's never convinced me and a couple of 50s against a woeful WI team isn't going to make me change my mind.